Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tools    

Maybe? Where have you been??? He's a major part of the movie. Jesse Eisenberg portrays him.

Oh my bad, I totally missed that.

So yeah, at this point I don't see how this movie's going to work out unless the origin stories are cut out completely - even then it's completely detracting from "Batman vs. Superman".

I mean in Spider Man 3, there were 4 characters crammed into too short of a film, and it looks like this film's going for almost twice that.

At this point I think they should just call this film "Justice League" and leave the Batman vs. Superman duel as a cliff hanger near the end; then make a completely separate film about Batman vs. Superman.

The decision to shoehorn in all these other characters is just a marketing decision anyway so that the Warner Bros can 'catch up' to DC and the Avengers, and it looks like a bad move.

At this point I think they should just call this film "Justice League" and leave the Batman vs. Superman duel as a cliff hanger near the end; then make a completely separate film about Batman vs. Superman.

The decision to shoehorn in all these other characters is just a marketing decision anyway so that the Warner Bros can 'catch up' to DC and the Avengers, and it looks like a bad move.
I don't think the film is 100% fully and technically a full on bloody battle fight. The Batman v Superman part is most likely just a little portion to get them to come to terms with what's going on between Lex Luthor and the situation at hand....Eventually they bring along the rest of the gang to compile the Justice League obviously, but Bruce Wayne/Batman needs to interject with the Suicide Squad beforehand.

I don't think the film is 100% fully and technically a full on bloody battle fight. The Batman v Superman part is most likely just a little portion to get them to come to terms with what's going on between Lex Luthor and the situation at hand....Eventually they bring along the rest of the gang to compile the Justice League obviously, but Bruce Wayne/Batman needs to interject with the Suicide Squad beforehand.
Sounds like an interesting idea - I still think that'll disappoint fans who were hoping for a full movie about just Batman and Superman, when they're really getting a "Justice League movie".

Not to mention none of these other heroes are even in the current trailer. Almost seems misleading to me.

Sounds like an interesting idea - I still think that'll disappoint fans who were hoping for a full movie about just Batman and Superman, when they're really getting a "Justice League movie".

Not to mention none of these other heroes are even in the current trailer. Almost seems misleading to me.
The movie IS about Batman and Superman. It most likely isn't just going to be a Mortal Kombat type picture (if you get my drift) that certain people want. It's more of a story between the two and how they eventually survive together to battle the situation at hand. In this case Lex.

Official synopsis revealed:

Fearing the actions of a god-like super hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.

Here is what we know so far about Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Plot synopsis:

“Fearing the actions of a god-like super hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before. ”
With the focus being primarily on Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman, what about the rest of the members of the Justice League? After all, the move is called the Dawn Of Justice.

So far, Zack Snyder has previously released a still of Jason Momoa as Aquaman confirming his presence in the movie.

But what about The Flash?

Not much has been heard newswise about those two members until NOW. Below is a spoiler of Aquaman's and The Flash's part in the film. IF you wanna know

WARNING: "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" spoilers below
In the movie, there is a scene where Batman breaks deep into Lexcorp/Cadmus and manages to hack into the Lexcorp computers. Batman brings up surveillance footage on the monitors which shows the following:
  • Ezra Miller's The Flash is a blur that stops a robbery. (UPDATE: Previously reported on Daily Superhero. Apologies for oversight)
  • Jason Momoa's Aquaman is held prisoner in a containment chamber where we see his hand slap against the glass.

Source: Heroic Hollywood

I love how Marvel united most of their brands under one continuity. There's direct ties to the films of the MCU in both Daredevil and (obviously) Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter.

I love how stupid and short sited DC is being by not freaking doing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why is Grant Gustin not playing the Flash?!?! WTF?!?!?! Have they literally learned nothing from the biggest franchise in movie history?

I love how Marvel united most of their brands under one continuity. There's direct ties to the films of the MCU in both Daredevil and (obviously) Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter.

I love how stupid and short sited DC is being by not freaking doing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why is Grant Gustin not playing the Flash?!?! WTF?!?!?! Have they literally learned nothing from the biggest franchise in movie history?
Because Marvel's MCU continuity in TV and film is already set in stone and has a history. If Grant Gustin was to play The Flash in the movie Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and his own film, they'd have to intertwine other characters from the show possibly and it would make it kind of corny. DC isn't the corny type as Marvel is, with the humor the CW uses anyhow.

Because Marvel's MCU continuity in TV and film is already set in stone and has a history. If Grant Gustin was to play The Flash in the movie Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and his own film, they'd have to intertwine other characters from the show possibly and it would make it kind of corny. DC isn't the corny type as Marvel is, with the humor the CW uses anyhow.
Nonsense. There's no reason to include any other characters at all and the history doesn't matter. The characters could be ported into the film universe without a single effect on their existing continuity.

Daredevil rests on the destruction done to New York in The Avengers but has nothing else to do with it. That said, having it explicitly set in the same universe makes it more exciting and opens the door to further crossovers. It's now possible for Matt Murdoch to show up in Captain America: Civil War and that would be a fun cameo that would make sense in the context of the story.

DC is cutting off their legs before even learning how to walk.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
As it turns out, the title is more misleading than what we thought. At least according to Henry Cavill, who plays Superman in Man of Steel. He warned the fans to lower their expectations regarding that epic fight between Batman and Superman. The actor said that Superman doesn't want to fight any human, since he knows what he is capable of with a fragile human body. However, he is oblivious to Batman's cunning and his knowledge of Superman's weakness or kryptonite, so a match between the two wouldn't be so lopsided as it would seem at first glance.
The first trailer released showed a glimpse of a potential fighting scene between Mr. Cavill's and Ben Affleck's characters. Batman is in his armored Batsuit and he challenges the Man of Steel, who slowly descends onto the ground to meet his adversary. Although the scene looked more than promising, Mr. Cavill's words are an indicator that we should control our expectations. The scene might be only a little bit of a fist fight and an exchange of not-so-kind words before they both find out about the true threat against humanity, and finally unite their strengths to save the Earth.
Although the first part of the movie's title is misleading, the other part of it, Dawn of Justice, seems to be more straightforward. Since DC also wants to have its big superhero climax like Marvel's Avengers, the sequel will also include Aquaman, played by Jason Momoa, Flash, played by Ezra Miller, and Wonder Woman, played by Gal Gadot, who will also have a bigger role in the movie. Green Lantern's appearance has yet to be confirmed by the studio but it would be strange if the ringbearer hero is excluded from the starting chapter of the Justice League.

Since I can't figure out how the 'wrap quote' thingy works, I got all this from a website called uk.blastingnews.com

It was written by Jeremiah Flaherty on June 17 2015.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Nonsense. There's no reason to include any other characters at all and the history doesn't matter. The characters could be ported into the film universe without a single effect on their existing continuity.
That would be stupid, who wants to see Flash from TV Show in movie universe? Tv universe is totally and radically different. Also, one good season of Daredevil dose not make this smart idea, you do understand how restrictive this is to both movie and tv show makers? Instantly I can come up with so many stories of "where the **** Superman was when this happened?".

Daredevil rests on the destruction done to New York in The Avengers but has nothing else to do with it. That said, having it explicitly set in the same universe makes it more exciting and opens the door to further crossovers. It's now possible for Matt Murdoch to show up in Captain America: Civil War and that would be a fun cameo that would make sense in the context of the story.
So? Different companies, different universes and different plans. You wan't to create so much problems for a cameo? Honestly, this is getting irritating as ****, all of a sudden everything needs to be connected, having connected movie universe is not enough, now you need tv also, lets connect books, comics, video games and even animated movies shall we? DC is doing smart thing here, they let their very popular TV universe spread and evolve, creating more and more series/characters every season, why should they **** it up just because people can't understand two different universes? If human being can't understand two different Flash then we need to die out because we officially touched our lowest point.

By the way, they can connect their universes at ANY given moment, DC is known for their multiple universes crossovers, they are letting both universes evolve, do their thing, let people understand character and then if they want to can connect them in major event and guess what is very important for that kind of event? Having two different Flash...

DC is cutting off their legs before even learning how to walk.
That's true, if you want to have Marvel Universe with DC characters... If you want DC to be their own universe, then they are doing awesome job, getting up and started to run...

That would be stupid, who wants to see Flash from TV Show in movie universe? Tv universe is totally and radically different. Also, one good season of Daredevil dose not make this smart idea, you do understand how restrictive this is to both movie and tv show makers? Instantly I can come up with so many stories of "where the **** Superman was when this happened?".
It's the opposite of restrictive. I already said it actually opens the universe. Did you not see Nick Fury on Agents of SHIELD? I know Affleck wouldn't stoop to doing TV, but I could see Superman in the Flash. Also, every ****ing Marvel movie that isn't The Avengers has the "where was Thor/Hulk/Captain/Iron Man/etc. while the world was going to ****" and no one is complaining.

So? Different companies, different universes and different plans. You wan't to create so much problems for a cameo?
It's not just a cameo. They're making a Flash movie and two Justice League movies!!!?!? Also, there's no problems being created. Marvel already did it. There's no reason DC couldn't. Marvel has done it and it is working like crazy for them in both TV and films. They're raking in the cash and creating a fictional universe like we've never seen before and DC has the opportunity to do it and they're not.

I'd get what you're saying if Marvel was failing at all of this, but they've had two successful TV shows (even if SHIELD was kind of bad), one successful Netflix original, and a list of the highest grossing films of all time. What part of this are you not understanding?

That's true, if you want to have Marvel Universe with DC characters... If you want DC to be their own universe, then they are doing awesome job, getting up and started to run...
They've made one pretty bad film. How in the hell is that them "doing awesome job, getting up and started to run?"

There are obvious advantages for DC in separating their TV and film worlds. The TV shows are quite entertaining, and one of the primary reasons is that they have a lot of narrative momentum. If they had to consider how they fit into a larger cinematic universe, as well, they'd almost certainly have to reign that in. It's not a coincidence that both Arrow and The Flash are significantly better shows than Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.. This is why.

Also worth pointing out that what's possible is not the same as what's likely. Everyone in the industry regards what Marvel's doing as some sort of minor media miracle, so there's no reason to think DC would necessarily achieve the same results. Especially being the second guest to the party.

There are obvious advantages for DC in separating their TV and film worlds. The TV shows are quite entertaining, and one of the primary reasons is that they have a lot of narrative momentum. If they had to consider how they fit into a larger cinematic universe, as well, they'd almost certainly have to reign that in. It's not a coincidence that both Arrow and The Flash are significantly better shows than Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.. This is why.

Also worth pointing out that what's possible is not the same as what's likely. Everyone in the industry regards what Marvel's doing as some sort of minor media miracle, so there's no reason to think DC would necessarily achieve the same results. Especially being the second guest to the party.
Still, all those "ifs" and "buts" aren't worth anything if they don't even bother trying.

They've made one pretty bad film. How in the hell is that them "doing awesome job, getting up and started to run?"
And what movie is that? Man of Steel? That movie is as good as majority of Marvel. No need to talk about other stuff, we would just go in circles, you want another Marvel Universe , I don't.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I thought MOS was better than the first Captain America, Both Thor Movies and The Incredible Hulk.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Still, all those "ifs" and "buts" aren't worth anything if they don't even bother trying.
If they try and fail you wouldn't say "oh at least they tried" you would complain, a lot. Like connecting everything is a must...