Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Tools    

axy
Hi guys I'm new here.
I'm really looking forward to PoA movie, it is my favourite book from HP series. I'm also thrilled with Gary Oldman playing Sirius. Sirius is one of my favourite characters and although I didn't imagine him that way I think Gary Oldman is fantastic actor.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Who do you see playing Mad-Eye Moody? (Since Marty Feldman is dead, I choose Michael Palin.)
I was thinking about Anthony Hopkins. He seems crazy enough and he is English actor.

Who are your favorite characters? (Mine are Snape, Fred, and Goerge.)
Sirius, Snape (since the book 5), Fred and George.

Which of the 5 books is your favorite? (Mine is The Order of the Phoenix, because things start getting really serious by the end of the last book and this entire one.)
PoA is my favourite, but OotP is second on my list.

How many of you would like to see some sort of reconciliation between Snape and Harry? (I really would since Snape is my favorite.)
I would like it too.

And lastly, are there any actors that you would like to replace that have been used so far? (I’d replace Julie Walters as Molly Weasley with Jennifer Saunders from Absolutely Fabulous.)
I'm pleased with all the actors so far.

What do you guys think who could play other characters from GoF.
Here is what I think:

Bellatrix Lestrange - Helena Bonham Carter
Alastor Moody - Anthony Hopkins (as I allready said)
Narcissa Malfoy - tough one, someone like Gwineth Paltrow, just little bit older

That's about it. Opinions?

well first of all, welcome, I'm new here to, and it's cool.

PoA is my favorite one too. I am really looking forward to the movie, and by the screams of my HP/Daniel Radcliffe obsessed friends they're going to start casting soon and almost every single one of them sent in a tape just in case. Sillies of course, since it would absolutely horrendous in my mind to cast anybody who wasn't English, besides the chracters from other countries, that's why, even though I love Gywneth, I really don't think she would be a good pick, and anywho I seriously doubt that Narcissa will even make the cutting floor when...

WARNING: spoilers below
sean biggerstaff (oliver wood0 was not signed on to do the third film, of course meaning not as much if any quidditch, which as all of us PoA lovers know, was a big part in PoA

i am not sure if that qualified as a spolier since it's ages old, but just in case and it's fun highlighting stuff.

You ready? You look ready.
This is my opinon but what do you guys think about this idea. Johnny Depp play as Black i think he would be really good. Just thought i'd ask ya'll

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally Posted by John McClane
This is my opinon but what do you guys think about this idea. Johnny Depp play as Black i think he would be really good. Just thought i'd ask ya'll
Maybe so. He'd never be in it though...he isn't British.

Also, whatever Depp can do, Gary Oldman can do better. There is NO ONE better than him for this.

I agree Beale, I'm reading The Order of the Phoenix right now, and I really can't picture anyone other than Gary Oldman as Black. That brief image of him in the trailer is awesome.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally Posted by projectMayhem
I agree Beale, I'm reading The Order of the Phoenix right now, and I really can't picture anyone other than Gary Oldman as Black. That brief image of him in the trailer is awesome.
Oddly enough, the casting that has gone down has been the casting I imagined when reading. I thought of Branagh as Gilderoy Lockhart in Chamber of Secrets, and I thought of Gary Oldman was Sirius. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that these actors would be the ones cast. They were simply the ones I thought would best suit the roles. Thank you for the great casting! You have made me, for one, very happy!

Also, lemme know what you think of OotP. It was by far my favorite book in the series thus far.

I just finished Order of the Phoenix, and I loved it. The end is probably the best part of the series so far. So much explained, and yet so much still to look forward to. I can't wait for the next book.

Thanks JRS this movie just keeps lookin better and better.

And this is my BOOMstick!
Dude! They're making a third Harry Potter movie? I thought they were smart enough to realize that everyone hated the first two. blah.

Leave it to dumb Hollywood types to decipher good box-office performance on both movies to mean that everyone hated them.

How can someone hate the beloved Harry Potter. I myself can only imagine being part of the marvelous and spectacular fantasy world that is Hogwarts.

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
I just finished Order of the Phoenix....I loved it...I can't wait for the next book.
I read Order of the Phoenix as well, and it was hard to put down. I'm dying for the next one myself !

And this is my BOOMstick!
ummm... you need a girlfriend

Originally Posted by Nitzer
ummm... you need a girlfriend
Ummm...you need a personality.

I really like the books, and kind of like the movies. I'll pay to see this one.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Never conform, never compromise....
Wow, I just watched the international trailer, and it is making it even harder to wait for this movie. I have read all the books sofar, and they are some of my favorites. I might even go as far to put them up near Lord of the Rings and Stephen Kings - The Dark Tower Series(my fave series of all time ths far). I love books like these, and they are doing the movies excelent. It is just a shame that the actor who played Dumbledoer(sp?), sorry, i don't know his name, passed away before he could complete them. Also, OotP is by far my favorite book, a great vile villan, and a supreme ending. I love the darker more mature tone the books begin to take with PoA, and I can't wait to see this movie, adn the rest of the series, and to see where Rowling, will take Harry and his freinds(especially after what you find out at the end od OotP) Well, hes to waiting
- Corey Taylor (2002)