Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Tools    

As much as I enjoyed The Order of the Phoenix [and I enjoyed it to be sure], I think it definitely showed signs of Rowling's creative well having dried up somewhat.

Namely, I felt that the entire Umbridge character was far too reminiscent of Roald Dahl's Trunchball to be very original. I'm not saying that the "tyrannical headmistress" is a character type that can't be recycled, but the paralells between the two were a little more than coincidental to me.

I think we'll see a lot of "borrowing" in the coming books also. Not in terms of major plot developments perhaps, but definitely in terms of smaller details.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Although I don't know much about the Trunchball character, I would like to chime in and say that I LOVED Umbridge. Definately the most vile of all of the villains thus far (aside from Lord V. of course). I enjoyed OotP greatly. It was the best thus far in my opinion. I can't wait to see how they bring this to the screen.

And let us not forget that Rowling borrowed tons from the get-go. (MANY parallels to LoTR for example) I see now increased borrowing trend in her books, and, if she does borrow more, it doesn't bother me one bit.

Check this trailer out!

Note: Right-click and Save as.

Holy Crap that was awesome. Thanks Beale.

And I take it you both are right clicking and saving....(also, quicktime is needed...)

It may be that I have given a bad link....

Lets see: (I believe the old link is currently offline...)

Try this.

NOTE: It would appear that this one is offline as well...

Give me a few minutes and I'll try to figure something out. (I already have it downloaded...I could e-mail it to someone...given the file isn't too big.)

The trailer is on the way...in the meantime, I'd like to note that the tagline seems to be "Somthing wicked this way comes". I think that is pretty awesome.

Hmmm...lets see what we have here. Cool Chris! What else....

Originally Posted by jrs
Hey Bealle, you can e-mail it to me...... .
(Little did Beale know that a few seconds after reading this post something in the dark recesses of his mind would snap under the combined weight of the imposed pressure of modern society and jrs constantly spelling his name with two l's.)

IT'S BEALE!!!!!

That's weird b/c it worked fine for me.

Do you know my poetry?
Well I finally saw the trailer a couple of minutes ago, and the movie looks really good. I really liked the look of it, when I do see it I just hope Alfonso did a better job than I expected.

Originally Posted by jrs
Me bad. It won't happen again .....Are we cool ?
Of course.

I was just messin' with ya.

Dunno, I still donīt understand, why they all wear Muggle-clothes. Itīs just not right. Especially Malfoy would never wear anything that was made by Muggles. And he wouldnīt change his hairstyle. And why didnīt they give the new Dumbledore his old beard?

Originally Posted by HanKanBon
Dunno, I still donīt understand, why they all wear Muggle-clothes. Itīs just not right. Especially Malfoy would never wear anything that was made by Muggles. And he wouldnīt change his hairstyle. And why didnīt they give the new Dumbledore his old beard?
What muggle clothes are you referring to? And why wouldn't Malfoy change his hair? All he did was let it part at the sides, instead of slicking it back.

As for Dumbledore's beard: looks right to me. Maybe a tad shorter, but nothing dramatic.