Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Tools    

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I just noticed, what happened to the school uniforms (I hope this isn't a dumb question)

The King of Horror
Hey I liked the first and the seconds movies but I don't think the third one will be as good without the guy who played the headmaster don't get me wronge I am still going to see it but I just don't think it will be the same

What do u guys I think am I just being stupied here or what??

Originally Posted by Sutter Kain
Hey I liked the first and the seconds movies but I don't think the third one will be as good without the guy who played the headmaster don't get me wronge I am still going to see it but I just don't think it will be the same

What do u guys I think am I just being stupied here or what??
I think its kind of narrow....but it never hurts to plan for the worst.

I doubt that Richard Harris had THAT much impact upon the final power of the movie. (Great casting tby the way) I'm sure Gambon will be great though. Look at this picture (thanks again Gracie)

Here it is:

I'm sure he'll be fine.

The only thing that worries me a little is the change of director, but I'm pretty sure it'll all be great!

The King of Horror
yeah u got a good point Beale as far as the director goes didn't they have to different directors for the first and second movies?

Nope. Chris Columbus did both films.

Check out this image of Oldman and the gang....(Gracie already posted a link to that...but I know some of you don't bother to check it....)

Regular Frankie Fan
Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
Check out this image of Oldman and the gang....(Gracie already posted a link to that...but I know some of you don't bother to check it....)
I'm sure I'll change my mind after seeing the movie but I'm not really satisfied with how Lupin and Sirius look ... especially Lupin, I was hoping for him to look so much different ....

However, did you notice how much the kids grew up already ? it's scary, If they keep on growing that fast they'll have to be substitued with some younger ones o_0

Btw I'm new here, hello everybody

Yeah, that was a really bad picture of Lupin....

Pleased to meet you.

Enemies are so stimulating.
i cant wait to see this film. im so glad that gary oldman is in it. he is so cool. i loved Kenneth Branagh in COS i thought that he played professor lockhart perfectly...exactly as i pictured him in the book. very well cast. so im hoping that gary oldman will do a good job with sirus. im sure he is up to it. i love alan rickman too...he is a great snape. best when he is evil i think. i hope Michael Gambon does as good a job with dumbledore as richard harris did too. i loved him as dumbledore so im scaried ill imediatly hate the new one just coz of my love for the original.
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!

Regular Frankie Fan
you know what, Harris has a sweeter look in his eyes which made Dumbledore look exactly as I pictured him to be in my mind. Gambon looks okay, I do like him a lot but Harris was the best

New images:

Sirius Black Poster

Snape Protecting Harry and Co.

First look at a Dementor...well...sort of....

Thanks USA Today for these images.

Chris Columbus did both films.
And that's why the third film is going to be the best thus far...

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
While I don't think Chris is great, I think he did a very good job on the first two films...very enjoyable.

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
I think that has something to do with it, but also the third book is personally my favorite.

Originally Posted by Gracie
I think that has something to do with it, but also the third book is personally my favorite.
Ditto...though I'm worried about the climax. The third book's only flaw, in my opinion, is the somewhat convoluted ending, which makes sense and all, but can get a little complicated, and will be very difficult to transfer to this medium elegantly. Here's hoping it doesn't devolve into one big cliche exposition. If the information flows out naturally, it'll carry more emotional weight. Couple that with the fantastic new cast additions, and this film could be truly great.

aspen predicted some time ago that whereas each LOTR film would gross more than the last, each Harry Potter film would gross less, eventually working its way into the straight-to-video (or DVD, of course) market. That prediction's held up so far, but I think Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban has the potential to defy it, partially for the reasons mentioned above, but thanks in no small part to the fact that Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was released between this film and the last one.

My early guess it that it'll open smaller than the last two ($90.2 and $88.3 million for the first and second, respectively), but will receive strong word of mouth and end up somewhere between The Sorcerer's Stone's $317 million and The Chamber of Secrets' $261 million.

Originally Posted by Yoda
Ditto...though I'm worried about the climax. The third book's only flaw, in my opinion, is the somewhat convoluted ending, which makes sense and all, but can get a little complicated, and will be very difficult to transfer to this medium elegantly. Here's hoping it doesn't devolve into one big cliche exposition. If the information flows out naturally, it'll carry more emotional weight. Couple that with the fantastic new cast additions, and this film could be truly great.
Amen to that. All of it.

That prediction's held up so far, but I think Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban has the potential to defy it, partially for the reasons mentioned above, but thanks in no small part to the fact that Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was released between this film and the last one.
I have my own theories on why Order of the Phoenix was so delayed, to the point that it came out this past summer--J.K.'s supposed writer's block aside. And my theory is that they (the studios, the publishers, etc.) would like to have a major Harry Potter product--book or movie--each year. Only one, so as to not split the profits.

This is done quite a lot in the entertainment biz, with the first instance coming to mind being in the recording industry. If an artist's album is still making money by the time the next album is completed, the record label will hold back on releasing the new album.

While I have no doubt that OotP was a challenge for J.K. to finish, I don't think it took her over three years to write and revise. There was be no movie to be released this year, so we got the book this year.

Of course, this is only a theory, but I'm going to be keeping tabs on the release patterns over the next few years...

"I've got a theory
That it's a demon
A dancing demon...
No, something isn't right there"