Please help me find this movie.

Tools    

Hello,

This has been driving me crazy for a week now. There was this movie, my guess is that it came out in the past 5 years or so, about a girl who kills a bunch of people more or less in a revenge kind of way. I don't recall much about it but:
- the lead actress was young (20s) and not well-known but there was a better-known actress as a secondary character (can't remember who or I would've found it)
- lead actress kills someone with a sniper rifle, through a window, while said someone was threatening or hurting the better-known actress mentioned above
- the ending of the movie is the lead driving down a highway and getting stopped by a sherrif or state trooper, who comes to her window and she proceeds to stab him in the neck (and then shoot him I think), as it turns out it was someone from her past who hurt her as a child or something

Can't remember much else, sadly. It's a thriller and she doesn't kill TOO many people, but the scenes are pretty graphic when she does. And it wasn't something super-targeted, she just starts killing people who hurt her or her family/friends. There was also a scene when she learns to fire the sniper rifle I think.

Thanks for putting up with me, hope this helps.

P.S.: It's definitely not Frailty.

Found it. It's Stocker (2013) staring Nicole Kidman and Mia Wasikowska.
I know it's been... almsot 9 years since I asked but whatever.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Wow, we all failed him, guys. Such an obvious film and he had to wait 9 years to find it himself.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

It sounds like you're describing the movie "Ava" from 2020, starring Jessica Chastain as the lead actress and John Malkovich as a secondary character. The plot matches the details you mentioned, including the sniper rifle scene and the ending you described. I hope this helps!