Identity

→ in
Tools    

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
OH MY LORD!!!!

This movie is so awesome!!!

The plot twists, the ending, the acting, and Ray Liotta!

I can't think of a way to describe how smart and how wonderful this film is without spoilers, so for the time being, take my word for it.

Identity is a mystery. Think Agatha Christe on speed!!!! hehehe!

If you can't tell I'm still in shock from the greatness of this movie. I know not all of my reviews are accurate, (sometimes I don't give things time to set in, for instance, my positive review of Gods and generals....lets just forget about that, I learned my lesseon), but in this case, I swear to you this movie is awesome!!!

I'll discuss more of this movie after more have seen it.

4 out of 4 stars!!!!

The two twists were pretty darn plain early on. To me, anyway. The movie is fun enough, Cusack is always good to watch, but overall, nothing at all special in my book. Not a total waste of a matineee ticket price, but not really worth it either.

Wait for video.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I thought the whole And Then There Were None plot was great. I was not expecting either of the twists. You somehow saw them, but that could be becuase you function at a level above most mortal men. Plot twists aside, the concept of the movie is so brilliant. I mean whoever came up with all of the characters being.....crap. I can't effectivey debate you without spoilers. Can I get a second opinion?

Basically, all the critics who put down this great psychological horror flick can kiss my a**!! I give it 5/5 stars. i myself din't see the twists at all until late in the film with the , "where's my face, that's not my face" part. I was like "WHOA!!"
I loved it....kicks off my summer!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly what I thought!!!!

It was beauty killed the beast.
Kong felt that the first main twist sort of undermined the story from the viewing point of view, and the final twist made Kong roll his eyes. It isn't that the twists don't make sense. The twists and internal logic of the film make perfect sense as far as the story goes, but as far as viewing film they are a bit underwhelming in a way. Plus the film had a lot of cliches, but oh well.

Kong can't pretend he wasn't entertained, and therefore feels obligated to give the movie a good rating.

*** of ****

My life isn't written very well.
To me this film is critic-proof. To explain how, would be to give away MAJOR plot developments. I'm sure some of you are learned in the most basic of psychology. Everything makes sense. Think about it....
***** out of *****

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

i just saw this...i agree with Beale and Reporter, i thought it was great...

i don't see for a second how Holden can say "The two twists were pretty darn plain early on"...how exactly??

i thought it was awesome, and great to see John Cusak back in the limelight...i can never get enought of him...why is he not offered more roles?? are my opinions on him based on the enjoyment coming from my eyeballs?? or is it my love of his early stuff (Better off Dead, The Sure Thing)??

this hasn't come to Australia yet...i take it from what you guys have said that the critics over in the US bagged it then?? ppfft, typicall!!

this is an 8/10 movie for me...i highly recommend it a true movie going experience...suspense and plot twists combined with pocorn and choc-tops...a perfect night out

It was beauty killed the beast.
Originally posted by n7of9
i don't see for a second how Holden can say "The two twists were pretty darn plain early on"...how exactly??
Well there are two main stories that seem to have nothing to do with one another (the loony man, and the people at the motel) all you really have to do is think of how the movie will combine them.

Originally posted by n7of9
this hasn't come to Australia yet...i take it from what you guys have said that the critics over in the US bagged it then?? ppfft, typicall!!
Actually, most of the critics here liked it.

I See You When You're Sleeping
I thought it was great. It's the best film I've seen all year up to now.

Identity (2003) begins perfectly, the early flashbacks conspiring wonderfully to create the situation as we see it. In terms of atmosphere and character, it continues to build wonderfully, up until the end of the second act, when everything begins to get a little, well, stupid.

If Vanilla Sky worked well up until Crowe tried to explain everything, then Identity was perfect [as a dark-and-stormy-night thriller, I mean] until Mangold tried to "push boundaries" with the material.

With very few exceptions, I think that B-grade pictures should milk their right to be a little standard and cliche. Sometimes pushing the envelope with tired genres is a mistake. Maybe doing the cliche well is enough.

A

I thought it was a good movie, with pretty damn good acting to boot. The idea was creative and put us to the test until 'things started to get a little stupid' as SB so aptly worded it at the end. The very end scene I could've done without.
Overall, I would've given it an A-

I'd give it an A. I loved it.

My life isn't written very well.
I think the DVD comes out this Tuesday (US). Anyone who hasn't seen it here at Movie Forums--rent it--buy it--or steal it from a drunk friend who's passed out for the evening. Just watch it, then return here and tell us what you think!

Saw IDENTITY a few weeks ago on the bigscreen here in Oz and I think Im more in the Holden/Kong camp on this one. The film is far from a masterpiece, the two main twists are predicatble and laughable respectively. Also agree that the first one really negates everything that proceeded it and ofcourse makes it harder to care about the charecters plight.

BUT-The performances are fun to watch and the plot though cliche ridden does bring a smile to the face. The cinematography is pretty to look at and the music is typical fair.

So the final verdict is the film is bloody entertaining for what it is. A slightly above average entry into the genre but in no way is it life changing or on par with say most recently FRAILTY or CYPHER.

Just watched it again for the second time today, and while I loved it I can see how if you were paying very, very close attention the twists could be forseen. The 1st time though I was stunned. It was awesome. But watching it again I wasn't surprised obviosly but thought that story was still very cool idea.

Movie Explorer
I rented and watched the DVD two days ago. I thought this movie was rather clever because I was so caught up with the suspense that I didn't even realize what road it was headed for till they brought the convict in.

Later on, it just surprised me.

Cusack and Liotta give terrific performances, Liotta was beginning to remind me of his role in Narc.

This movie is definitely worth seeing...anyone who begs to differ, it's very rare to see a movie like this come around the theatre these days so rethink your tastes lol j/k.

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! John Cusack is my 3rd fav. actor of all time. Identity is going on my favorites list, and the next time I go to Wal Mart, guess what I'm going to buy.
And found he was eating his shoe.

Only for the weak
I thought it was a pretty good movie, and I don't see why so many critics thashed it.

The first real twist was great, I'll admit I didn't see it coming at all. But...The movie should have ended there, because the thing with the little boy....I didn't know if I was watching Children of the Corn or what.

But none the less, a really fun movie to watch.