Favorite Movie Genre?

Tools    

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Does anyone have a favorite movie genre?

For me, although I love all movies, have a special place in my heart for Noir.

If we were doing very specific genres, that would be tech-noir. Sadly, there are very few examples of tech-noir. Alas.....

Film Noir - classic, Neo and otherwise, plus Westerns (mostly the Revisionist stuff) would be my two favorites among favorites.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Typically, I'd say horror movies, but that isn't very true anymore. I'm open to all genres... and I see less horror stuff now, and hate a lot of it. Those horror movie conventions I went to last year.... very cheesy.

Lately, I've been getting into action films....

Movie Explorer
Horror movies...but the ones out right now suck. I like old classics.

My current favorite genre would be Thrillers...Psychological Thrillers.

I have a tie for favorite genre; war and the "character study" type of film, you know the type, like 12 Angry Men and 'Night Mother. I like movies that are nothing but diolauge and set in 1-3 locations only.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I must become Caligari..!
Id most likley be Film Noir With Arthouse/Festival coming in 2nd place
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Erotic/Psychological Thrillers.........

AND

Romance "chick flicks".............

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

Put me in your pocket...
Favorite: Romance and Romantic Comedies

I also love...
Dramas...based on relationships like "The Joy Luck Club" or "Finding Forrester"
Comedies

Hi
Martial Arts..not many life changing lessons but keep me a hell of a lot more entertained than other films..

anime:
'70s/80s platonic shoujo melodrama', 'late 70s/early 80s mecha', and 70s 'adventure/drama' anime.

i'm also growing quite fond of 20s silent comedy. slapstick stuff like buster keaton, harold lloyd, charlie chaplin, harry langdon, etc. stuff i've seen earlier than the 20s [max linder, some keystone stuff] hasnt done it for me so far.

Dramas, psycological thrillers, some comedies.

I love Epics, too bad there are only a handful of really good ones.

Originally Posted by 7thson
I love Epics, too bad there are only a handful of really good ones.
Agreed.

An Original Flavor Formation
By far, my big league genre is Comedy. For a Bamma like Me, I tend to get down with comedic stylings of so many: Mel Brooks, W. Mathau, L. Nielson, Stiller, etc. A Bamma definitely gravitates towards comedy sportin' my (i.e.black actors/comedians), in hits like Friday, Barbershop, Two Can Play, etc -- it may be comedy, but it's hittin' home like truth to a bruh!

"...ya'll ain't NEVER got two things that match. Peanut butter -> no jelly, Ham -> no burger...dayuuumm!"

Shameless self promotion
Mmm, horror, my favourite!

Future film maker
Action movies are the best.

Arresting your development
Sci Fi/Horror...

an occasional Comedy or Action.