Clooney vs. Heston

Tools    

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Recently George Clooney made fun of Charlton Heston's Alzheimer's disease while accepting some kind of an award for acting. He then said that Charlton deserved whatever he gets, merely because he is the president of the NRA. My grandfather died of Alzheimer's disease, and this offends me that Clooney would say something about a sickly old man who also happens to be one of my heros. That having been said, I won't stop watching movies that star George Clooney, but my opinion of him has been seriously diminished, and will be until he apologizes. What do you think?

Side note: In a fight, who would win, Heston or Clooney? Back in Hestons prime, I would've given him 20:1 odds....now I'll give him 10:1 he could beat Clooney into the ground.

A novel adaptation.
Originally posted by Beale the Rippe
....now I'll give him 10:1 he could beat Clooney into the ground.
Did you see him in "Bowling for Columbine?"
Right now, I wouldn't give the man 10 to 1 against gravity.

That's the funniest thing I've ever seen you post hero!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Ok lets get one thing straight. Heston is an actor, and George Clooney is a celebrity who is in movies. There is a difference. And in a fight, ha. Umm it wouldn't even be a fight, if you took both of them at their prime, Heston could take on the whole cast of the Ocean's 11 remake by himself.

TAKE THAT YOU DAMN DIRTY APES

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

I am having a nervous breakdance
Heston would probably shoot him and claim "He reached for his inner pocket!".

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

George Clooney’s remarks were insensitive and out of line and in all honesty, a bit hypocritical since he’s made a few million from movies that involved the use of guns… but… I also fail to see why everyone looks at Charlton Heston as some kind of hero… what has he done to deserve hero status? All I’ve ever known him to do is play a part and that is all he is doing for the N.R.A. … he said so himself…

"...I've been doing interviews for 50 years, I know how to sell a movie or a book. Now I'm selling the reputation of the N.R.A..." ~ Charlton Heston

And as far as which one would win… I think it would depend on who the director was…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I am having a nervous breakdance
Seriously, no matter what you think of someone it's totally disrespectful an unexcusable to mock a sick old man.

I guess some people consider Heston to be a hero because of his part in ideologically conservative movies during his career. He's a role model for conservative minded men, maybe even more than John Wayne. (Nah, maybe not.....).

What Piddzilla said.

I’m sorry but I guess my idea of what a hero is might be a little different then… if Heston has placed his life on the line for someone else in real life, well then I might change my mind but getting paid (extremely well) to play a hero in a movie doesn’t make him one to me… I can however respect the fact that he is/was a good actor… Anyway, I think Clooney should apologize and if he doesn’t, it very well may hurt his career since so many people do appear to look up to Heston…

When I said hero....I guess there are two kinds of heros to me.

1). The people who I admire for doing something great, or standing by their morals in a tough time.
2). Someone I look up to. Someone I have seen in something, life or movie, tht I want to aspire to be.

Some people fit into both categories, like for me my dad. I also think that Heston is as great a man as any who has contributed to the source of all life and reality known as cinema. Therefore, I stand by him being one of my heros. Not way, way up there, but yes, one of my heros.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally posted by iluv2viddyfilms
Ok lets get one thing straight. Heston is an actor, and George Clooney is a celebrity who is in movies. There is a difference.
Umm, but Charlton Heston is an AWFUL actor....This does not make me dislike the man, since he is in quite a few of my favorite films, but let's face it. He's practically Shatnerian in his lack of acting ability. "It's a MAD HOUSE, A MAAAAAAD HOUUUUUUUUSSSE!!!!" (George Clooney is actually quite a good actor, if you ask me, but then again, he was on The Facts of Life. This one's pretty even, really...)

As for Charlton Heston being in a lot of ideologically conservative movies during his career, I don't see it. Planet of the Apes was making a case for Evolution as well as being a movie that makes a stand against racism and nuclear armament. not very conservative in my book. Neither was Soylent Green, a movie with a strong environmental message, or The Omega Man, yet another anti-nuke cautionary tale.

Heston is a pretty despicable character (Just watch Bowling for Columbine), but he's also a human being. I definitely think George Clooney should apologize.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

What Caitlyn and Monkeypunch said! I wanted to add something myself, but they said it all.

Originally posted by Piddzilla
Seriously, no matter what you think of someone it's totally disrespectful an unexcusable to mock a sick old man.

I guess some people consider Heston to be a hero because of his part in ideologically conservative movies during his career. He's a role model for conservative minded men, maybe even more than John Wayne. (Nah, maybe not.....).
Exactly. I don't think he's a "hero," but a role model in some ways? Sure, no doubt. He was an actor who actually got involved and did his homework (even if you don't like his answers). He's a hero if you line him up next to the many celebrities who spew mindlessly as if they were experts on account of their fame alone.

And, as has already been said, he's a friggin' person. George Clooney's a good actor who also happens to be a bit of a prick, it appears...and a semi-hypocritical one at that. Clooney should apologize and leave personal remarks out of ideological differences.

That said, Heston is a wonderful actor.

Fighting out of the Lions Den
Heston wins by KO in the 3rd.

Charlton Heston has been an idol of mine since I was a Lil Nipper and watched in Planet of the Apes for the first time.
I`ve enjoyed watching him in everything I`ve seen since,and still see regard him as one my Favourite Actors of All-Time.

The fact he`s also a dead ringer for my dad no doubt endeared him to me from an early age too.

A novel adaptation.
I recently viewed the film Touch of Evil for the first time.
And gun laws aside, I'd back Heston any day.

Originally Posted by Herod
I recently viewed the film Touch of Evil for the first time.
And gun laws aside, I'd back Heston any day.
(Nod of approval)

Heston has an on screen prescence that George Clooney can never live up to. I mean, he played Moses for Chrissakes.

Originally Posted by Uncle Hobo
Moses for Chrissakes.

Something about the wording out that is quite funny.

I must become Caligari..!
This is the first i have heard about the clooney remark so i can not make a full judgement, (Its likely to have been taken out of context). But i find do belive that Heston is a poor excuse for a human being, Feeding on public ignorace and taking adventages of natioanl Tragedy's, he is the perfect example of a typical right wing repiblican.

P.S
Sorry to hear about your grandpa Beale
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...