MovieGal's Film Collection

Tools    

Don't worry about it, CR. Earlier this year I saw something 'for the first time' that JD then informed me I'd reviewed the year before. My memory's shocking for films I don't like. Slightly stranger that you did like it, but maybe you've just forgotten the title?

I'm only 22 and I forget I've seen some movies before. I used to always forget that I'd seen Laura before until remembering that I had seen it became a thing.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
My wife just informed me, we've already seen Walkabout...Geez my memory is kaput On the plus side, she did say I liked it!...But I can't remember it.

I do that all the time. I can usually get at least halfway into the movie, (sometimes even 3/4 through the movie), before I recognize it and realize that I've already seen the movie.

Hey everyone, thanks for your comments.... CR, Im glad you found some suggestions... which are all english speaking films.... how about some foreign language films?

Oo lovely, I've got some new films to see now thanks to your topic MovieGal, I've added these to my 'to watch' list:

Bullet Collector
When Heaven Falls
The Salvation
The Passion of Beatrice
Wither
Evil
The Most Important Thing: Love
When Heaven Falls
Institute Benjamenta
Flænset
Anima Persa
Virdzina

Keep the film collection coming.

The Hunchback of Norte Dame
(1936, USA)
Directed by William Dieterle

Jadesoturi (Jade Warrior)
(2006, Finland/China)
Directed by Antti-Jussi Annila

Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte
(1964, USA)
Directed by Robert Aldrich

Bangkok Haunted
(2001, Thailand)
Directed by Oxide Pang Chun and Pisut Praesangeam

House of Wax
(1953, USA)
Directed by André De Toth

Mouchette
(1967, France)
Directed by Robert Bresson

One thing I do want to say.. is most people think "Jadesoturi" is a martial art film... this film was made by a Finnish director and its a joint venture between China and Finland.. it has to do with the retelling of the Finnish "Kalevala".. a Finnish mythological story and takes place in both Finland and China.

I am in the process of moving out of a house I own and I am bringing things over but don't have everything but here is the start of my Criterion Collection. Once I get everything over, I will post more.

The trick is not minding
I am in the process of moving out of a house I own and I am bringing things over but don't have everything but here is the start of my Criterion Collection. Once I get everything over, I will post more.

That is quite an impressive collection.

That is quite an impressive collection.
I have more.. just need to bring them from the house to the apartment.

I took pictures of the DVDs and Blu-rays I currently have here .. again far more to bring. I'm not sure where I'm going to store them.. really don't have room in my bedroom for a bookcase.

The trick is not minding

I took pictures of the DVDs and Blu-rays I currently have here .. again far more to bring. I'm not sure where I'm going to store them.. really don't have room in my bedroom for a bookcase.
I’m sure you’ll find room somewhere haha.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

I know the feeling. I have DVDs in every room in the house except the bathroom. We even made some wall racks to hang some DVDs on the wall, and bought some racks that hang over the top of the door to store DVDs on the back of the door.

For @Wyldesyde19

Thale - Norweigen horror based off the mythological creature of the Huldra
Sennentuntshi - Swiss Horror
and Ondskan (Evil) - which we talked about.

Of those DVD/Blu Rays that you posted I've seen

I Married A Witch
Naked Lunch
Rashomon
Lord of the Flies
Silence of the Lambs
Black Narcissus
Walkabout
The Virgin Spring
Last Temptation of Christ
IF...
L'Avventura