Scariest movie of all time

Tools    

Movie Explorer
I think I've seen some scary/disturbing Japanese movies in the past and that EXCLUDES The Ring/Ringu or The Eye.

THey just have a way of making horror flicks work NOT by making you jump all the time like lousy movies today but the whole aura and perspective period.

I don't think there are any scary horror flicks that I particularly know of (American-made) but when you're a kid, almost every horror flick will be a scary flick no matter how pathetic it may seem.

Anyway, horror flicks that aren't scary to me but yet I still enjoy for fun-factor are "April Fool's Day," "Hellraiser," "Evil Dead," "Night of the Living Dead," "Dawn of the Dead," "Phantasm," "Halloween," "Lord of Illusions," "Dead Alive" and "Dolls."

I thought Childs Play was pretty damn scary when I was a kid.

Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson
I thought Childs Play was pretty damn scary when I was a kid.
Still is

Hi Turd! Welcome to MoFo, enjoy

requiem for a dream... because i know a lot of people who have gone through that... or are still into that.. excellent movie.. and as a side note battle royale also comes to mind... not really scarry, but disturbing enough to come to mind.....

Originally Posted by MinionTV
I was never impressed by the 'power' of the Excorcist even when a friend of mine passed out in the cinema and bled from the eyes. (she is better now). I prefer movies which evoke reality rather than outwardly scare you.

However movies such as 'when a stranger calls' and ' Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark' did manage to curdle my blood when I was a halfling.

Actually the prospect of a third Harry Potter to rival the return of the king makes me sick.

well the Excorcist is the scariest movie that i have ever seen because i live in Washington DC and i've been to the house. but what makes it even scary to me is that to know that it really happen but to a boy. so for me that movie is the scariest.

I've honestly never seen a movie that scared me, and I don't think I ever will. I'm just not that easily scared, especially not by horror movies. They are so unreal. That'll never scare me. A really good thriller will be closer to scaring me than a horror movie.

Has Nyone seen CAMP BLOOD. Its scary to ****. AAAAHHHHHHHHH. Its more scary that he kills people in day and not night and the scariest part of all is that the killer is a CLOWN!!!!!!!!

There are two that come to mind.......Hellraiser and Suspiria......
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	HELLRAISER1REPR.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	1827  

I ate all your bees.
Unless Someone has mentioned it already, Event Horizon, that movie scarred the living ^%# outta me.

Bruce Campbell Groupie
It scared me when I first saw it, because I'm scared of clowns, have been ever since I was 5.

(Hey Im new!) Normally scary movies dont scare me that easily, but the Halloween Movies just stay in my head, I cant foget them. Michael Myers gives me the creeps....

my pick for scariest movie would hafto be exorcist. By far. Movies that scared me as a kid (IT, pet cemetary, Nightmare on Elm Street) seemed kinda crappy when i rented them again and watched them as an adult. I rented exorcist again and it still scared the crap out of me.

for some stupid reason, the mothman prophecies scared me. I don't know why, but it did. coodos to blair witch though, that movie is truly frightening.

i think the exorcist the least scariest movie that i saw and people were saying it was scary is house of the dead

without a doubt when i was young especially, Candyman was the scariest! I could not go to the bathroom with the door closed or sleep in the same room with a mirror for years!

Here's my top 5 of scary movies.
5=worst
1=best

5.Poltergeist
4.Pet Semetary
3.Scream
2.the Exorcist
1. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (new)

I know I'm going to be shunned by posting TCSM, but I thought it was god. Pi**ed all over the original IMO.

if you can find it... i highly recommend carnival of souls... the bits where they close in on the dead guys face is pretty intense!

also the organ music throughout the entire film is pretty creepy too...

others worth a mention are:

the shining
blair witch

oh and if you can get it look up ghostwatch, its on old uk "mocumentory" and possibly the scariest thing i have ever seen in my entire life as a kid

www.bbc.co.uk/cult/ilove/tv/ghostwatch/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/ilove/tv/g...ch/intro.shtml

www.museumofhoaxes.com/ghostwatch.html

try these on for size... it was so scary they never ever played it again

28 Days Later wasn't REALLY scary, but the more I think about it the scarier it gets. The whole part where Jim is in the church was terrifying and when he and Selena are on the stairs and the infected are running up to them was pretty creepy too. Overall, it was a good movie. Also, what was the answer to infection? I thought the soldiers had it!

I don't think 28 Days Later was all that scary it was just cool and interesting and exciting.

i thought the recent TCM was pretty freakin scary.