Scariest movie of all time

Tools    

Shake well before opening.
Most scary movies walk a fine line between scary and disturbing. Texas chainsaw massacre is disturbing, Jacob's Ladder is scary, but overall i would give the prize to the Shining.

(and by texas chainsaw massacre i dont mean that crappy new age one with renee zellwigger. Also, anyone got the scoop on the upcoming texas chainsaw massacre?)

YoUr FrIeNd &TrUsTeD aDvIsOr
okay. to the last reply.:>:>:>:>: the next generation was NOT a BAD massacre flicker. it was true to the overall effect a texas massacre flick should have....uncomfortable occurances(?) and lots of prolonged screaming. lots of it. lots of someone or another getting cut but not stabbed hit but not smashed (with the exception of the first to die) the only thing was with the next generation waas that it ended a little.....un massacrish' I personlly thought it was a very cool ending.....(Being one of the multi-nippled owners of the world) I thought it was a suited ending to where it was they were going with the story... how els should it of ended? and besides they had to go the way of technology(if you can call his leg technologicly advanced) but it works the script worked and the actors worked the script well. from the ditz to the jock to the pathetic pot heads....it all worked quite well....and don't quote me but I think its something like OCT 21 it comes out but I am not sure I will check and edit.(if need be).

alright, ill cut some slack to the new age massacre but it seems like the director talked to the writer and said, you know, i dont like that character, lets have her get cut in half, and yea her, lets get her locked in a fridge with her dead boyfriend. There was no point to the carnage, maybe i just dont appreciate it because when i saw it i hadnt seen the first one yet.

But thanks for the date, its going to kick ass.

sorry OCT17th. 2003

I will let you off with a warning.....(tee-hee) since you havn't seen the original???. but THAT is the whole point to the carnage.....the fact that there is no point either than to eat...if you have ever been to a slaughter house (though I do not see why you would) you would see most things are piled ontop of eachother dead of not and most things will be cut in half. you have to understand...:leatherface is a retarded butcher...esentially. anmd his family (The Soyers) have been in the meat business for years (suposedly) and they just happen to enjoy the meat of man. as apossed to the meat of the bovine. so if you look at he films like that they do have a point...not a very nessacary point but a point non the less....so watch it and enjoy it...and go play silent hill 1, 2, 3. all of you...its the best games EVER>>> and yes I am INcluding GTA....silent hill beats them all.!!!! And I will stand by it.....(though fatal frame IS scarier to play...Silent hill is so much more engulfing)(?)

point taken concerning chainsaw massacre but you are most definately wrong about the video game. Silent hill wishes it was resident evil. You need to play more video games, go try out halo or soul caliber 2. You haven't lived until then.

I beg to differ.
though this not the place for such chat. I will say this....resident evil was made to combat against silent hill 1 and every r.e. game since has failed missrably(?) to live up to SH it never will....and besides halo and SC are completly diffrant games FPS are cool....SC fighting games like that are nothing more than a good way to get carple tunnles syndrome....(SMASH, SMASH, SMASH) STUPID FINGER BREAKING GAMES YOU CAN ACTUALLY PLAY better with you r eyes closed..

They are different games, but you still can't make the bold point that Silent hill is the best game in all genres which personally i dont even believe it to be the best in its own genre. And im pretty sure that RE came before SH. and plus, SH never had its own movie.

only time will tell FD6 only time will tell....lets just agree to disagree(wow that is the most cheezy thing I have ever said)

Fo shizzy my nizzy

ewwwww. snoop-speek the lowest of all forms of comunication....

Mary Poppins.....self explanitory...

Only for the weak
I have to admit, The Ring was probably the only movie to ever really creep me out. It's not my favorite horror film thoug...

Ready!Set!Go!...Er..Actio n!
I cannot to this day watch The Birds or Willard (1971). On a side note the original actor Bruce Davidson plays the new Willard's DAD in the 2003 version.)

The japanese scare the hell out of me.No not the people there films.In the Ring its a videotape,in dark water its a little puddle and in Uzamaki its a spiral shape.They can take anything and give you nightmares about it.Kairo and the eye are scary as well.

The film to truly scare me was the unnamable or the unnamable returns,one of the two.Watched it in english class as a halloween treat(!).I was 12 or 13 but I remember hitting the lightswitch and then jumping under the bed sheets and hoping id fall asleep before I passed out. Reminds me of the first half of jeepers creepers as the first half is scary untill you actually see the monster(needed two lessons to finish it). Aye to IT and killer clowns from outer space.I hate clowns.aaaargh!

Originally Posted by FIVEDOUBLE6321
and plus, SH never had its own movie.
Give it time, man, give it time.

Originally Posted by iluv2viddyfilms
I agree with you HOlden about Rosemarry's Baby, but also another very scary Polanski film is Repulsion, which I would say is a little bit scarier.

Below those two I'd put the Shining.
Oh i am so five minutes ago

These are the ones I would have picked

Youngsters!

Ever seen Videodrome?
That is the most horrible vision of the future I can imagine.

Clockwork Orange was another.

You guys should spend more time at the movies.

Love & kisses,
Jozie

It'd have to be a tie between The Exorcist and The Blair Witch Project.

After I saw TBWP the following weekend my boyfriend played a trick on me when I was over at his house watching movies. It was just him and me and his best friend so the house was all to ourselves as his folks were out. He went into the kitchen to get a drink and was gone for ages. We waited for him to come back before we put on the next movie but he was gone for so long so Tim and I went looking for him. I yelled for him before I got up and he didn't answer back. The light in the kitchen was off and so i turned it on and the ******* was standing in the corner with his back turned. I screamed and freaked out so bad! I made Tim jump too - we just about wet our pants!

That movie put me off camping big time. LOL

Here's a few that scared me and scared people I know. "Pet Semetary" was one of them, for the simpl fact of the red haired woman, Zelda's sister, the one with the skinny @$$ back that has that really creepy voice. That scared the crap right out of me and everyone I know. Also....Ex was pretty scary, when she comes down the stairs "crab" style with blood coming outta her mouth....the whole movie was creepy. Uum, when we were all kids, Jason and Freddy gave us nightmares...I dont know why but the "Sixth Sense" creeped me out for a looonnnggg time. It gave me goosebumps like crazy, probably because I really believe in the super natural. I dont know there isnt to many SCARY movies out there, just creepy ones. That's all I can think of right now. I will add some more later when I think of them. Lacy

Originally Posted by bloodraveness
We waited for him to come back before we put on the next movie but he was gone for so long so Tim and I went looking for him. I yelled for him before I got up and he didn't answer back. The light in the kitchen was off and so i turned it on and the ******* was standing in the corner with his back turned. I screamed and freaked out so bad! I made Tim jump too - we just about wet our pants!

That movie put me off camping big time. LOL

Yuck, Yuck.

I wish I'd thought of it...