Scariest movie of all time

Tools    

Originally posted by flickchic
Why is it that the only really good horror movies are ones that were made a while ago? The Shining (1980), The Exorcist (1973) and Psycho (1960)? (Those are the best I think). Over the last 10-15 years, there hasn't been any real suspensful, scary movies. A hell of a lot of teen, slash them up movies, but no quality scare the ***** out of you movies. Other then the Ring and maybe the Others, I have been bery disappointed lately.
I was thinking the same thing.

Has anyone Seen Ravenous? Pretty Creepy if you ask me more gross then anything though
It's a movie about Cannibals and this band of men that are hunting the cannibal down cause of the attacks on the village ends up that it was the priest that was the cannibal... pretty bad huh?

Here is a link for the Roger Ebert Reviews on the movie

http://www.suntimes.com/ebert/ebert_...03/031904.html

"Resident Evil 2:Apocolypse" Mila Jovavich
"Phone Booth" Colin Ferrel, Keifer Sutherland (2003)
"Pay it Forward" Haley Joel Osmond, Helen Hunt(2000)
"American Wedding" Jason Biggs, Alyson Hannigan(2003)
"Dogma" Ben Affleck, Matt Damon(1999)
"LOTR" 1,2 & 3 Vigo Mortenison, Elijah Wood (2002-2003)
"Thirteen" Holly Hunter, Nikkie Reed (2004)

The only horror movie that ever really scared me was actually one scene in Poltergeist and that was the clown scene. (admittedly I was like 8 when I saw it but I watched a ton of horror movies before and that was the only one to scare the piss out of me.

Originally posted by RedQueen83
Has anyone Seen Ravenous? Pretty Creepy if you ask me more gross then anything though
It's a movie about Cannibals and this band of men that are hunting the cannibal down cause of the attacks on the village ends up that it was the priest that was the cannibal... pretty bad huh?

Here is a link for the Roger Ebert Reviews on the movie

http://www.suntimes.com/ebert/ebert_...03/031904.html
I saw that movie I think (sorry I couldn't access that link, or I could tell you for sure). Didn't it have the guy that played in Count of Monte Cristo as Mondego in it. Guy Pearce I think is his name. Anyway, if it is the one I'm thinking of, I liked the movie. I didn't think it was that bad.

Yep thats the one..... Sorry about the link I felt it was really a screwed up movie... and at the end the scene where one of them ends up in an overally large bear trap ewww not my type of horror I guess...
And the music was pretty creepy and satanic ahaha if I do say so myself...

Originally posted by Deadzone
The only horror movie that ever really scared me was actually one scene in Poltergeist and that was the clown scene. (admittedly I was like 8 when I saw it but I watched a ton of horror movies before and that was the only one to scare the piss out of me.
Speaking of Clowns "IT" was a bad one for me. I'm really scared of Clowns now because of it. Once I was at a mall and there was a clown handing out balloons so I walked by without looking at him... well that jerk followed me until I turned around and said I don't want your damn balloon and took off. I must have scare him haha

This, in my opinion, is a movie that everyone should own at least one copy of! It's a great "watch when friends come over" movie. Just like "Waiting for Guffman", "The Specials", "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels", "The Family Guy" dvd, and "Usual Suspects".
I love the quotes at the begining. "Eat me! -Anonymous" Haha!!

This is a toughie. I think I'm gonna have to say Jason X. No. no, just joking!

It would have to be The Exorcist. That movie still gives me the creeps to this day.

Yep thats the one..... Sorry about the link I felt it was really a screwed up movie... and at the end the scene where one of them ends up in an overally large bear trap ewww not my type of horror I guess...
lol, the music was good, I like the quotes as well, but I think one of the best parts was when the lady walked in at the end of the movie to see them both in the trap. Her expression was hilarious. Or to me it was

I don't actually remember seeing the woman walking in but it was a long time since I have actually watched it... I don't think it will be any time soon that I watch it again...

ive seen ALOT of horror movies,there my fav genre,but none really scared me,but the one that came the closest would be the originalTexas Chainsaw Massacre

Regular Frankie Fan
Killer Clowns From Outer Space ....
no wait don't ban me ! I know it's some junk movie but there was something creep about these clowns putting humans into those pink cocoons, it made me shiver >.<

The Exorcist did nothing to me, that's probably because I saw it with a couple of friends who would say silly stuff all the time and make me laugh ...

oh and let's not forget It ... I used to think it was creepy untill I "fell in love" with Tim Curry ... now I drool over Pennywise

Originally Posted by RedQueen83

I felt it was really a screwed up movie... and at the end the scene where one of them ends up in an overally large bear trap ewww not my type of horror I guess...
Holy hell. It's as if the trailer for Ravenous mated with Silver Bullet.

Anyway...

Movies scare the crap out of me on a regular basis. My imagination runs away with me, and when I'm in the dark I can believe that just about anything is real. But the biggest one, the one that didn't just scare me but f*cked me up for life:

The Exorcist

Hands down.

1 Alone Very realistic
2 The Blair Witch Project
3 The Exorcist

That's my scary movie top 3

But my all time favourites are the Hellraiser movies I love em not because they are scary(They are not) but they are cool

MM

The Entity Mainly Because It Was Based On A True Story.

[1] The Exorcist
[2] The Ring
[3] Night of the living dead

YoUr FrIeNd &TrUsTeD aDvIsOr
okay I had just happened to check this out(check out my silent hill thread!!!)

FOCKER:
freddy kruger is not the most pathetic of villans....you punk! sure its just your opinon....but....he is the best...excluding...leatherface....pin head blairwhich...! you have got to be stu[id....for a person who feels it nessasry to write about stuff he or she has no intrest in;...must prove to a bunch of MF fans that you are fully interested ihn the horror genra. you just have no good expeirences...most is misspelt but what ever.,..freddy rocks...to mush shiraz....I'll stop for the moment.... back to zombies screenplays.....by for nowe.

Jaws was the most scariest movie I have watched, maybe because of the age I watched it, but I have never been water skiing, ever. I guess, it just seems a little ore realistic than other horror movies. Another one I think is good and gets you on the edge of your seat is Alien, the chlostraphobic part in the vents was great. I would say those are the scariest movies, there was a series on TV a few years back, called Mysteries Of The Unexplained, that was pretty damn scary, people being buried alive and stuff like that.

I haven't been scared by a movie since I was real young, I do like to watch them though, it makes me wonder how warped the writer's minds are when they come up with half the stuff.

For the record, the water skiier gets it in Jaws 2, not the original Spielberg flick.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I think Roman Polanski's Repulsion is the scariest movie of all time

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201