Scariest movie of all time

Tools    

A friend MADE ME watch The Exorcist for the first time.........
OMGGGGGG...

Still sends shivers down my spine........

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

That movie with brittney spears in it!!!!!! yikes I havent seen it because just the trailer was enough to give me nightmares!!!!!!!!!

Of course all the madonna movies are scary too!

The best horror movies are the Friday the 13ths, halloweens, and a nightmare on elm streets.

Why did people think the Ring was scary? Sure it had some scary moments but i don't think it's a movie that will give you nightmares. Im more scared of aliens than ghost so ill have to say Signs. Also another movie that gave me nightmares was Jeepers Creepers although there were never any frightening moments in the movie.

Kazzam! lol, j/k. Thats from Scary Movie! I am happy I got here first to say it. lol I think Linda Blare is hot now. Anyways, I am a huge Horror movie nut and I would have to say either Camp Blood or Evil Dead. Evil Dead was actually pretty scary!

BANNED
I think i have decided to buy the ring on DVD.. even tho i have never seen it. I hope it will give me a good scare.

Prince Of All Saiyans
Originally posted by Sexy Celebrity
Night Of The Living Dead (1968)
Bingo!

Oh, and BTW Holden Pike, don't worry about the baby, he fine.
He has his father's eyes......

"I missed... I never miss."
I'd have to say The Ring. The first time I watched it I wasn't really scared because I covered my eyes the whole time. But the second time I promised myself that I would keep my eyes open the whole time and it was so freaking scary...

American WareWOlf In London

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
I would have to say the "Nightmare on elm Street movies"
Night of the living dead kinda freaked me out for the time that it was made.
Stanly Kubricks 'The Shinning"

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

I must become Caligari..!
Shindlers List
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

YoUr FrIeNd &TrUsTeD aDvIsOr
blair witch ABSOLUTLY.
AND not to mention....you guessed it exersist!!
though not what you think..PART THREE3 thats right part three.
maybe not the whole thing but for a few parts if you have seen it you know what I mean...I do not mean the part in heaven with Fabio...sorry please chech it out anyway he says nothing i swaer.
all I gotta say is : THE OLD LADY
theres others but who really gets scared anymore? its an emotion we as humans lost in th elast intergalactic war of choices that we are not suposed to know about.

finally someone who understands me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone was terrified of the blair witch project when it first came out but then they all denied it. I was freaked out a little by the end, though. Excorcist 3 is mind-blowingly scary. Check out session 9. Disturbing, terrifying, suspenseful, yummy.

Most horror films really are weak. Let's review horror films of the last 40 years, shall we? Yes we shall 'cause I am bored.

"Rosemary's Baby". Why on Earth is this movie so reveared? You have a very pale Mia Farrow living in an apartment with her talentless actor hubby, she gets impregnated by Satan, and gives birth to the Antichrist. Oh, THIS is gonna happen soon. Give me a break, utterly ridiculous film made incredibly annoying by that old woman from the Clint Eastwood/orangutan movies.

"The Exorcist". Hey, this time the Devil has possessed an ugly little girl with no Dad. Send for the priests and have them bring the Holy H2O. Supposedly spooky, this film is actually very funny. Who doesn't laugh at the scene where the old priest and the young priest chant "The power of Christ compells you" about 40 times in trying to drive out Lucifer from the girl's bod. It is laugh-out-loud funny!

"Jaws". I guess this is a horror film. Probably was very scary in the 70's when phony looking sharks were terrifying. Police chief, crazy fisherman, and Mr. Holland go out in a boat, on the water, with the shark, and promptly drop gallons of blood in the water to attrack the shark and then marvel at how big the shark is that has killed half the nearby town. Oh, and one of them jumps in the water and tries to stab the shark in the mouth. Not the smartest move ever attempted.

"The Omen". More Antichrist nonsense. This time he's born and refuses to ever get a haircut. He scares baboons at the zoo and screams when threatened with being taken to church. Who doesn't? Oh, and now he has a sinister nanny and a rotweiler protecting him from Atticus Finch. Peck spends the whole movie disbelieving what everyone tells him, until he just can't deny the truth anymore and tries to kill his son by stabbing him with special knives in a church. Wonderfully heartwarming!

"Alien". Outer space is the scene for dark passaways aboard a spacecraft just perfect for hiding 12 foot-tall aliens who drip acid from their mouth. The scene where the alien jumps out of the man's chest is really something, but unfortunately this film is not very scary, except if you believe the US Government really would try to harness an evil alien to use in the military. That IS scary, not to mention stupid.

"Poltergeist". Ok, I happen to think "Poltergeist" is the best horror film ever made. However, that doesn't make it scary. Ghosts are on the prowl in suburbia, and they're kidnapping kids and inhabiting stuffed clowns that strangle the little tykes. Really a big blockbuster adventure film with all the depth of an episode of "Oprah". Nevertheless, you really are a horrible person if you dislike this film.

"Nightmare on Elm Street". Freddy Krueger is such a pathetic villain that he ruins this movie. Stupid character plain and simple. This movie doesn't work 'cause its so preposterous. Nobody dies this way, so why should it scare me? Plus, Johnny Depp is about the best human character in this film, showing you just how terrible the acting is.

"Friday the 13th". Horny, dope smoking counselors go to camp for the summer, get naked, and get massacred by a masked killer. Another hilarious horror film. I used to love watching these films waiting for some obnoxious bratty girl or boorish buffoon to wander out to the woods, or down by the lake and get dead. Oh, how delightful. Jason is a horrible villain with no personality, but this movie is a lot scarier than most horror films 'cause it plays on the teenage girl's fear of being caught having sex with her boyfriend by her father, and both of them get slaughtered by the old man.

"Evil Dead". More teens in the woods. This time the woods are haunted by evil spirits who kill people. That makes them evil. Bad movie, made worse by the fact that nobody really minds if these people get killed.

"Halloween". Another masked killer, this one may or may not be human. He's stalking Jamie Lee Curtis (he must have seen "True Lies"). An old doctor is chasing the masked killer around some town in the midwest, but can't seem to find him. He looks in the cemetery and then goes to an old house and hangs out til young females start screaming. Then the doc runs in the direction of the screams, shoots the masked killer, but doesn't kill him. Masked killer runs off and continues to kill. It's what killer's do after all.

"Hellraiser". Man with pins sticking out of his head is coming to kill a bad man. Why does the audience care? Exactly.

"Blair Witch Project". 3 youngsters head out in the woods to not have sex. Suspend disbelief temporarily. These youngsters are looking for, you guessed it, the Blair Witch. They find something, but the viewer never sees what they find, the camera jumps around and made me dizzy. Oh, the one guy doesn't get his rented camera back in time. It doesn't matter, he dies.

"The Ring". All you really need to know about this movie is that the hot blonde lesbian from "Mulholland Drive" is in it. No lesbianism in this film, however. Naomi, the blonde lesbo, has to prove an urban legend about videotapes is true or untrue. It is true that they charge you if you don't rewind. It is NOT true that "The Ring" is scary, and there isn't any nudity either. Smells like failure to me.

So, I recommend skipping horror films. Most of them suck.

Rock & Roll.

Focker.

Well somebody is a grumpy gus. The two that I responded to as being good were very un-horrorish. I admit that seeing a twelve year old masturbate with a crucifix to the point of bleeding is humorous. The third exorcist, however, has a surreal yet interesting plot. The Blair Witch project is good because it is a satire of independent documentaries. It is funny but uses the technique of not showing you anything except what the characters see, which was ground-breaking. Session 9, however, added to being the scariest movie ive ever seen is the best independent movie I've seen. And as for dissing alien......it isn't a horror movie and it actually has a philosophy behind it. It's all about the individual away from the collective in my opinion. Just like all of John Carpenter's movies. Saying what you said is like saying that Videodrome is STRICTLY about vaginas growing on abdomens. So there you go.....got a pastry?

lol, focker is great! i like it when ppl diss other ppls opinions in such a way it makes u laff. i odnt know how ppl can get scared form blair witch, a few rocks in a circle isnt quite my idea of fear.

one more thing, exorcist 3 is a horrible movie. the plot sux. i think its great how all the ppl die and stuff, but the plot is terrible!

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally posted by 187_man
one more thing, exorcist 3 is a horrible movie. the plot sux. i think its great how all the ppl die and stuff, but the plot is terrible!
Nope. Exorcist III was surprisingly good movie. And the plot was well done. In any event it is better by far than most horror films, which, in another strange occurrence, I agree with Gaylord abut being bad.

Some are brilliant, a few are great, and the rest suck.

As for the best horror movie in recent history:

Ok now I'm just ****ing outnumbered. Frailty was good, not scary at all...but good. Plus it was a suspense. You wouldn't call 8 mm a horror would you? So technically I only like one horror movie, and thats Excorcist 3. Some are funny to watch. (Shivers...heh heh) But as for LIKING...Only that one. Session 9 IS the only scary movie that exists, but it is a suspense, not a horror. So I'll see ya'.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I thought it was a Horror film. I know it is a horror film. Its purpose was to scare people. The whole religious killer thing is a very scary concept. But if it didn't scare you, thats cool. It I was scared.

And yes, Exorcist III is a great horror film.