360 or PS3

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
I made this 2 years ago and it's, IMO, one of the fairest comparisons of noise levels on both the 360 and PS3. As I will state in the video, I kept the camera a foot away, started the console up, put a game in, and played it for a couple minutes. The 360 is, unquestionably, louder. However, it only bothers me when I'm watching a movie with quiet parts. Otherwise, I don't really notice it.

"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Wow I'm glad I dont have an Elite then. My 360 when putting in a DVD makes no noise except for the time its loading the disc. Which is like minute. You have to put your ear to my system itself to actually hear the system some kind of sounds.

You ready? You look ready.
Wow I'm glad I dont have an Elite then. My 360 when putting in a DVD makes no noise except for the time its loading the disc. Which is like minute. You have to put your ear to my system itself to actually hear the system some kind of sounds.
Yes, yes. We believe you jrs...and my house is in Candyland just beyond the Gumdrop Pass.

Move the games onto the hardrive though, and the 360 makes hardly any noise at all.

The People's Republic of Clogher
One thing I wanna add since getting a HD AV receiver is 'sound'.

Quite a few (but by no means all) PS3 games have LPCM 7.1 soundtracks. Everything was gonna sound better with the new amp but the only game I have on 360 and PS3 is Oblivion, and handily it's got an uncompressed 7.1 track.

The difference between the two consoles sonically on that particular game is now astonishing. Night and day, seriously.

HAh finally got it.I bought the chunky one with 40GB hard but as I said before I don't need it at all,I even got a great deal on it,so I rented Killzone 2 and Resistance but I can't connect it properly I tried the scart plug the three ones Yellow White and Red(Video, Audio 1 and Audio 2) and when I switch on AV 1,2 or 3 nothing happens we have a second TV that was unoppened but the remote didn't have batteries(the small ones AAA)and it was 3 in the morning.So any ideas why it doesn't wanna work(Just to let you know again I have the a normal boxy TV nothing HD)

If it's a used console then the previous owner probably had it hooked up to the TV by HDMI or something. You'll need to plug it in with the AV cables and boot it up while holding down the power button manually until you hear it beep.

This should reset the display to whatever you're using. Just make sure your TV is on the correct channel because I think it resets after 25 seconds if you don't confirm, ie: when you're flicking through your remote to see if you can get a picture.

You want to post like me?
On a different note; I highly recommend that you at least rent INfamous. It's a sand-box world, like GTA or Saints Row, but instead of ordinary weapons you have a wide arsenal of lightning based superpowers. Everything is climbable to boot. Assassins Creed meets Grand Theft Auto meets LIGHTNING!

Borderlands is also very addictive and fun. It's a First Person Shooter merged with RPG elements such as leveling up, looting and exploration.

IGN has made great reviews of both games, which can be found on youtube.

Worms is on PSN for like 10 bucks if you just feel like a casual, addictive and fun game. If you need help hooking it up to the internet there are some helpful instructional videos on youtube. It's not difficult at all.

If it's a used console then the previous owner probably had it hooked up to the TV by HDMI or something. You'll need to plug it in with the AV cables and boot it up while holding down the power button manually until you hear it beep.

This should reset the display to whatever you're using. Just make sure your TV is on the correct channel because I think it resets after 25 seconds if you don't confirm, ie: when you're flicking through your remote to see if you can get a picture.

I know that you live here on the Island(UK)like me so if ever so you stop by in London give me a call couse you earned yourself a 12 pack thanks a lot

Kasper I will rent Infamous next week let me go trough killzone and resistance first

Good to see that's sorted it. I'm on the island a little to the left of you (not the Isle of Man! ) though.

I had the same problem in reverse when I first tried to hook the PS3 up via HDMI.

i had a 360 and it broke, so the then i got 360 elite and few monthes ago got a playstation, best choice so happy i got one i think playstations are well better.

Well I guess it comes down to internet service, battery life of controllers, and the games for the system. This years E3 was pretty dope. Some critics say Sony, and, Microsoft kind lost out this year. They didn't have platform titles, for their new, motion-sensored projects; 360-Kinetic & the motion detection hardware in the new Dual-shock controllers.

Xbox live comes with a monthly service charge in exchange for a bunch of Microsoft extras. It features a smoother look and feel. The controllers take double AAs.

Meanwhile, Sonys' Playstation Network, is free of charge, and has an easy to use web browser, though its menus and dashboard need a little work. One can charge the controllers, via USB to the PS3.

When it comes down to choosing between the two though, I think it should largely depend upon what games are produced for both specific consoles. What I do know, is KillZone3 is going to be in 3-D, and have motion-sensored controls to.

Supercalifragilisticexpia-lidocious! =)
PS3 still lacks a heap of various game genres which were offered to the players by PS2. X360 looks better this way.