Credits in the beggining or only in the end

Tools    

I don't know how this thread came up to me.So how do you prefer it to see the cast of the movie and some of the movie crew in the Beginning of the movie or the movie to end with the line Directed By etc.I myself don't mind at all but for me it's kind a glorious the movie to end with Directed by

I don't know if you noticed(you probably noticed)that when a movie begin with credits the end credits starts with the cast or the second unit production director/assistant/producer and if there are no credits in the beginning the end will be with Directed By

I have noticed that but never really gave a second thought to it until now. Interesting.

I was watching an independent film last night and I found something else that annoys me a bit. It's when at the end credits they list the cast in order that they appear in the movie. This is annoying when you want to find the name of the main character and she/he doesn't appear until ten or twelve extras later.

I do like to sit in the theatre after a movie and read the credits, I am usually the last to leave

I prefer mine in the beginning.
I rarely read the ending credits, unless it's one of those 3d movies that usually comes with an additional scene after the credits.

I prefer the title of the film in the beginning then then rest of the credits at the end, starting with 'Directed by C'hristopher Nolan'

Then, at the very end of the credits, I like the film's title to appear again.

Movie Forums Extra
What do you think about opening (without any credits even the movie title) in Michael Mann's Miami Vice? I think that was brilliant...

and do you like the so called Interactive company tittles like remember back in 99' when The Matrix came out The Warner bros logo was all green and twitchy recently a lot of other blockbuster movies use that if not in the movie at least in the trailer

This is interesting, I've always liked it when the movie just starts not even a title. I don't know why but I do. So at the end for me I guess.

All the Snout...Twice the Ointment.
I'm a fan of clever credit sequences. Either animated or presented in some non-uniform way. Some of my favorites are "Naked Lunch", "The Panic Room", "Se7en", "Independence Day", "Brain Donors", "Star Wars", (the opening scroll - not technically 'credits', but always a crowd-pleaser) and of course all the Pink Panther movies.

What do you think about opening (without any credits) in Michael Mann's Miami Vice? I think that was brilliant...
Lucas did the same thing in the Star Wars movies, but the actor's guild fined the hell out of him for doing it. Not sure if that is still the rule, though.

I think that every single moment within any given movie should contribute to the world that the movie is trying to create. Titles and credits, no matter how well they are done, will take away from the credibility of the film's world. Every image that has a name pasted on top of it will loose a portion of its credibility.

Could you imagine Harrison Ford's name pasted on top of the Star Destroyer at the beginning of Star Wars?

This isnt a problem in many instances, for example, in comedies or pop-movies. (Title sequences can be interesting; there are exceptions.) Some directors, however, realize the importance of maintaining their world and opt to keep the credits at the end.

...where they rightfully belong, in my opinion...

There are those who call me...Tim.
Ever since watching all those classic Disney videos when I was young, I've been put off credits sequences being at the beginning of films for life. They're infuriating

Movie Forums Extra
Lucas did the same thing in the Star Wars movies, but the actor's guild fined the hell out of him for doing it. Not sure if that is still the rule, though.

Yup, but in Mann's Miami Vice there isn't even name of the movie at the beginning. First time we see text 'Miami Vice' on screen is at the beginning of the end credits. I think THAT'S brilliant!

Yup, but in Mann's Miami Vice there isn't even name of the movie at the beginning. First time we see text 'Miami Vice' on screen is at the beginning of the end credits. I think THAT'S brilliant!
Shame the movie wasn't