Wolverine and Magneto Movies

Tools    

I still wish Magneto could appear more like his comic self in this X-Men series. Don't get me wrong, I love McKellen's ability as an actor, but I just don't picture Magneto as some old frail dude. If we're talking actors, I picture more of an older Eastwood. Had alot of gray hair going, but was still fairly buff. Magneto's really the only guy that seriously disappoints me when it comes to casting the right person. Everyone else I like, particularly Jackman as Wolverine and Stuart as Xavier... I have yet to see part 3 though.

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by SCdac
I have yet to see part 3 though.
See X-Men: The Last Stand.

For all its flaws, Magneto finally gets to stretch his legs as a character, and McKellen manages to add some much-needed depth to the role. In the first two films, Magneto didn't appear to be so much of a threat except for in a few fleeting instances. In The Last Stand, however, he's a major threat - one that other people besides the X-Men begin to take seriously. He's still old and frail looking; but psychologically, it doesn't matter so much when he's capable of uprooting the Golden Gate Bridge (which we always knew, of course, but that doesn't quite solidify until you see him do it).

So yeah... see the last one.

Awesome, I cant wait... But would X-Men Origins: Magneto still work?? Magneto is not my favorite villain, but I guess it would still be interesting to see how he got his powers..

I thought Magneto was born with his powers like most mutants and some event in there life caused the powers to come out (in Magnetos case seeing his mother being taken away at a concentration camp??)

i think it could be cool to see the development of his character and the eventual downfall of the friendship with xavier but there are better stories out there worth telling in my opinion

I thought Magneto was born with his powers like most mutants and some event in there life caused the powers to come out (in Magnetos case seeing his mother being taken away at a concentration camp??)

i think it could be cool to see the development of his character and the eventual downfall of the friendship with xavier but there are better stories out there worth telling in my opinion
Thats what I want to find out.. How he GOT his powers.. born or incident.. thats the main question..

right this is an extract from wikipedia so here's the creators story of how it happened. the film as we know may say something different

Magneto is born during the 1920s. He, his parents, and his sister are persecuted for being Jewish, [7] and are shot by the Nazis and buried in a mass grave; Magnus manages to survive, only to be captured and sent to Auschwitz in Poland to work in the Sonderkommando. While in Auschwitz, Magnus falls in love with a Roma or Gypsy girl named Magda, with whom he escapes the prison camp. Magnus and Magda marry several years later and a daughter, Anya, is born. After moving his family to the Soviet city of Vinnitsa, Magnus' daughter Anya is killed in a fire, while a mob of people prevents him from rescuing her. Enraged, the young Magneto's powers manifest uncontrollably, killing the mob and destroying a part of Vinnitsa. Magda is terrified and she flees, discovering months later she is pregnant again. Magda will give birth to the mutant twins Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch. Shortly after Magda's disappearance, Magnus is hunted for the deaths in Vinnitsa, while attempting to search for his former wife, thus forcing him to pay a renowned forger, Georg Odekirk, to create the cover identity of "Erik Lehnsherr the Sinte gypsy" for him.[8]

Magnus meets Charles Xavier while working at a psychiatric hospital near Haifa[9]. There, lengthy debates are held by the two regarding the consequences humanity faces with the rise of mutants, though neither reveals to the other that they both in fact possess mutant powers. However, they are forced to reveal their inherent abilities to one another, while facing Baron Von Strucker and HYDRA. Following the battle, Magneto leaves, realizing that his and Xavier's views are incompatible, with a cache of hidden Nazi gold, which provides initial financing for his various enterprises

hope this can be of some help mate

reservoir dogs circa 1881
Im interested in seeing in which direction the magneto movie goes but not salivating with antipation after seeing the so far poor clips of wolverine origins.After initial unsurity i think mckellen fit perfectly opposite stewarts xavier they both have the look of intellectuals about them but,i think physically richard gere would have better envisioned magneto although its easy to say such in hindsight and yet difficult to usurp and actor who has already made the role their own.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Awsome I love the X-men films and this is going to be great really looking forward to it.

The fact that Ryan Reynolds is my favorite actor, makes me want to see this even more. Not mentioning that I would have seen it anyways, being the 4th X-Men, I will enjoy it more.

Never Rub Another Mans Rhubarb.
Deadpool was a great character in the comics, a real joker, and Ryan Reynolds will play that well I think. But whats really selling it for me is my favorite character, Gambit, finally being brought into the series.

What bothers me is the fact that all the pics seem to be from at least the last 30 years onwards but doesn't go into his proper past, as he was born in the late 1800's.

A PHD in Whiskey and Stonerology
Here's the trailer: (link removed because... I can't post links even in quotes, apparently)
Vid has been removed (it had to happen), but the screenshots look 'meh' at best. I kind of wish they'd never gone down the whole X-Men route and just focused on Wolverine from the beginning.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Hey buddy, again, why bump a thread,when I already bumped a similar thread.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
This thread was created and first, and you're not supposed to have multiple threads.
Actually, the other thread is more relevant. It was also sooner, until MorbidPig, (wasn't that you too) decided to bump it. But hey whatever.