Hannibal

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
So, we've got a turnip riding an elephant in a turkey....

I don't think vin Diesel can pull it off. I mean seriously...I can't see him as Hannibal, or any historical character for that matter.

I totally agree. And once again this is sad because Hannibal's almost as charismatic and courageous a character as Alexander The Great. This brings back painful memories of Oliver Stone's film. Vin Diesel really doesn't have any where near the "talent" to reprise Hannibal Barca. He's gonna screw this up and We're all gonna hate him for it.

Originally Posted by Tacitus
So, we've got a turnip riding an elephant in a turkey....

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I dunno.
His work on The Iron Giant suggested to me that Diesel has more going on than what we've seen. And sometimes, the only person who'll give you the break you want... is you. I'm not saying I have high expectations, but I'm willing to postpone hating it til it's on the screen.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I don't hate the man, more of a star than an actor sure, but I'm not exactly looking forward to this one.

Clive James' wonderful quote about Arnie resembling a 'condom stuffed with walnuts' kinda fits him too...

I love the story of Hanibal, and I'm glad someone's finally taking it to the big screen. I just hope they stick to what they know rather than fabricating a bunch of stuff to explain his internal struggles. I just want a reenactment; none of this alexander bull****s

Originally Posted by DancingMonkey
I love the story of Hanibal, and I'm glad someone's finally taking it to the big screen. I just hope they stick to what they know rather than fabricating a bunch of stuff to explain his internal struggles. I just want a reenactment; none of this alexander bull****s
Yeah, Alexander was really bad. Read my review if you want to know how bad it really was.