Priest (2011)

Tools    

Release Date: May 13, 2011 (3D/2D theaters)
Studio: Screen Gems (Sony)
Director: Scott Stewart
Screenwriter: Cory Goodman, Scott Stewart
Starring: Paul Bettany, Karl Urban, Cam Gigandet, Maggie Q, Lily Collins, Steven Moyer, Brad Dourif, Christopher Plummer
Genre: Horror, Thriller

Plot Summary: A warrior priest (Paul Bettany) disobeys Church law by teaming with a young sheriff (Cam Gigandet) and a beautiful priestess (Maggie Q). The three band together to track down a band of renegade vampires who have kidnapped the priest's niece before they turn her into one of them.

Same guy who did Legion. Like that, this is going to be unbearably stupid. This guy, whoever the heck he is, is clearly someone who makes films thinking largely about what he can put in the trailer.

Looks like a good DVD popcorn film... I couldn't picture Bettany in this type of role when I read it, but maybe it will work... only thing I remember seeing Cam Gigandet in was Twilight and one of the CSI episodes...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Looks good I will definatly wait for the dvd release

Kind of reminds me of a mix between Legion and Feast.

Legion was really a stupid film...
This movie is based on a kickass Korean manga... But this looks nothing like it..
I can't believe people adapt the original material into something reallly silly.

But I have to admit Karl Urban looks awesome.

Release Date: May 13, 2011 (3D/2D theaters)
Studio: Screen Gems (Sony)
Director: Scott Stewart
Screenwriter: Cory Goodman, Scott Stewart
Starring: Paul Bettany, Karl Urban, Cam Gigandet, Maggie Q, Lily Collins, Steven Moyer, Brad Dourif, Christopher Plummer
Genre: Horror, Thriller

Plot Summary: A warrior priest (Paul Bettany) disobeys Church law by teaming with a young sheriff (Cam Gigandet) and a beautiful priestess (Maggie Q). The three band together to track down a band of renegade vampires who have kidnapped the priest's niece before they turn her into one of them.

Awesome! Will watch o.o

Same guy who did Legion. Like that, this is going to be unbearably stupid. This guy, whoever the heck he is, is clearly someone who makes films thinking largely about what he can put in the trailer.
Couldn't have said it better. Lots of trailer hype and no actual payoff.

So he's like most Hollywood directors then. Hell, there are times when you can watch a film and just guess which shots/lines were in the trailer and, a lot of the time, I'm right.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
This is like when Angelina Jolie made "Salt" then shortly after she is making some other Spy flick "The Tourist". Recipe for disaster.

Careful, man. There's a beverage here!
Seems like Legion with a new angle, but Legion already squeezed what little juice was left out of that lemon. Cgi sci-fi looks great in trailers (Skyline?) but it rarely pays off. I'll wait for the bargain barrel at Wal-Mart in about a year.