Alternative Batman movies

Tools    

Yesterday I was checking an old magazine(from last year) and I suddenly came across an article aout Batman:Begins,and here comes the interesting part after Batman and Robin(1998) Warner started some kind of competition and wanted something new so they hired three directors to think of a new Batman and one of them was Christopher Nolan,while the other two were Daren Arofonsky and Wolfgang Petersen.Arofonsky came up with the idea of a Batman called Year one and Peterson's idea was Batman vs. Superman(silly isn't it?).So I was thinking what was it going to be Arofonsky's Batman or Petersen's?

Originally Posted by B-card
Yesterday I was checking an old magazine(from last year) and I suddenly came across an article aout Batman:Begins,and here comes the interesting part after Batman and Robin(1998) Warner started some kind of competition and wanted something new so they hired three directors to think of a new Batman and one of them was Christopher Nolan,while the other two were Daren Arofonsky and Wolfgang Petersen.Arofonsky came up with the idea of a Batman called Year one and Peterson's idea was Batman vs. Superman(silly isn't it?).So I was thinking what was it going to be Arofonsky's Batman or Petersen's?

Batman: Year One would have been an adaptation of a Frank Miller comic book story. The script that became Batman Begins actually owes quite a bit to Miller's work there, though it is uncredited.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

interesting

Batman Vs. Superman was also part of a Graphic Novel by Miller, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. The climax has the caped crusader defeating Supes in a muddy bloody battle.

When I heard the creater of PI was tapped to bring Year One to life I was actually pretty excited. Anything to get away from the muddled mess Joel Schumacher made of the franchise and to take it back to its darker roots.
"You have to believe in God before you can say there are things that man was not meant to know. I don't think there's anything man wasn't meant to know. There are just some stupid things that people shouldn't do." -David Cronenberg

Does anyone know what happened here with the versions of Batman, were either ever released. A quick google search and I can seem to find much. I would say Daren Arofonsky's Batman sounds better than Batman vs Superman!