Best Wes Anderson

Tools    

Your favorite Wes Anderson joint to date?
4.44%
2 votes
Bottle Rocket
17.78%
8 votes
Rushmore
13.33%
6 votes
The Royal Tenenbaums
4.44%
2 votes
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
4.44%
2 votes
The Darjeeling Limited
11.11%
5 votes
Fantastic Mr. Fox
17.78%
8 votes
Moonrise Kingdom
17.78%
8 votes
The Grand Budapest Hotel
8.89%
4 votes
Isle of Dogs
45 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Rushmore for me. I love them all though, nothing below a 4. He is my second favorite director and my second favorite Anderson.
Never knew you were such a huge Paul W.S. Anderson fan!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I am mofos resident evil

Dang it. Was about to post a resident evil jab ...assuming you meant another anderson. Gosh.

I love most of his films so I voted strictly on which I think I'll watch the most in the future. That one for me is Fantastic Mr. Fox. Probably George Clooney's best work btw...

Welcome to the human race...
The only films of his I've seen more than once are Rushmore, Tenenbaums, and Aquatic - if I had to pick one favourite, it's a toss-up between the latter two. I keep meaning to revisit his whole filmography (and probably will in the lead-up to French Dispatch) so maybe I'll determine a concrete choice after that.

I updated my Wes Anderson rankings to include The French Dispatch. I like it a lot, but not as much as his very best. Falls right in the middle, for me. At least at this point...

1. Rushmore
2. The Grand Budapest Hotel
3. Fantastic Mr. Fox
4. Moonrise Kingdom
5. The Royal Tenenbaums
6. The French Dispatch
7. Isle of Dogs
8. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
9. The Darjeeling Limited
10. Bottle Rocket
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
1. Moonrise Kingdom
2. Fantastic Mr. Fox
3. Rushmore
4. Bottle Rocket
5. Life Aquatic
6. Isle of Dogs
7. French Dispatch
8. Grand Budapest

My ranking and rating of Wes Anderson's films:

1. Rushmore 10/10
2. The Darjeeling Limited 10/10
3. Fantastic Mr Fox 10/10
4. Isle of Dogs 10/10
5. The Royal Tenenbaums 9/10
6. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou 9/10
7. Moonrise Kingdom 8/10
8. The Grand Budapest Hotel 7/10
9. Bottle Rocket 7/10
10. The French Dispatch 6/10

Rushmore 10/10
Isle of Dogs 9/10
Fantastic Mr Fox 8.5/10
Royal Tenenbaums 8/10
Moonrise Kingdom 7/10
Grand Budapest 6/10
Life Aquatic 6/10
Darjeeling Limited 5/10
Bottle Rocket 5/10
French Dispatch 4/10

I loved The French Dispatch and Asteroid City and would place them both near the top of his rankings. I'd give all his films four stars except Isle of Dogs and Rushmore, which desperately needs rewatching.

Rewatched quite a few of his films recently and loved them even more. Need to finally get to Bottle Rocket too.

I loved The French Dispatch and Asteroid City and would place them both near the top of his rankings. I'd give all his films four stars except Isle of Dogs and Rushmore, which desperately needs rewatching.

Rewatched quite a few of his films recently and loved them even more. Need to finally get to Bottle Rocket too.
I've seen some of his films and Bottle Rocket was my favorite, probably because it was more restrained/less Anderson like.