Things that annoy you...

Tools    

I always did this and would annoy the hell out of my wife. Whenever she was driving and we'd pull up to a light I'd roll my window down if people were their also. If they were biking, skating, jogging, etc., I'd yell out "Hey, you guys (riding bikes, jogging, etc.?) ". Think, Flounder in Animal House.

How much Liberty Mutual overuses that one guy in their commercials.
The Progressive insurance ads during euro2020 yesterday were for the birds. Not even remotely funny & some I couldn’t understand at all.

You need to learn some serious people skills bro. Learn how to properly interact with humans
Too funny. He’s gonna have a heart attack if he doesn’t chill.

People trying to get me to spend good money for counterfeit money. How does that even make sense? Here's an idea, you give me a thousand dollars of good money and I'll give you ten thousand of bad money and, if you're lucky, you may even get a chance to stay at the closest, federally run hotel, free of charge, for 5-10 years.

Something TCM (Turner Classic Movies) seems to be doing a lot lately...

They put the wrong year on movies in the description - now I don't know if these are supposed to be years the film was re-released, or re-furbished, remastered or what, but I know films starring Cary Grant didn't come out in 2014!

P.S. This might not be TCM's fault, but perhaps the fault of our cable company - before I moved years back, I had a different cable company and at one point they upgraded their box so that the info for movies on channels like TCM was comprehensive (almost like IMDB) where it would tell you a large cast list with photos and everything.

They put the wrong year on movies in the description - now I don't know if these are supposed to be years the film was re-released, or re-furbished, remastered or what, but I know films starring Cary Grant didn't come out in 2014!

P.S. This might not be TCM's fault, but perhaps the fault of our cable company - before I moved years back, I had a different cable company and at one point they upgraded their box so that the info for movies on channels like TCM was comprehensive (almost like IMDB) where it would tell you a large cast list with photos and everything.
You have TCM? I'm jealous...If I had TCM I'd be shutting off MSNBC & FOXNEWS and instead be watching old classics all day long!

They put the wrong year on movies in the description - now I don't know if these are supposed to be years the film was re-released, or re-furbished, remastered or what, but I know films starring Cary Grant didn't come out in 2014
Some DVDs I buy do this too. Maybe putting 2019 as the date of Bullitt instead of 1968. I always presumed they did this to make the movie seem fresher & up-to date.

You have TCM? I'm jealous...If I had TCM I'd be shutting off MSNBC & FOXNEWS and instead be watching old classics all day long!
I concur. I do tune into the guide to check what's on TCM first.

This is probably just a perspective, but I'd swear they put the best stuff on at the most inopportune times. It seems like there's always a movie on late at night that I always wanted to see, but it doesn't end until 4:00 am!

Another thing that bothers me with the current cable we have... with my old cable they'd have about 20 - 50 movies that aired recently on TCM in their On Demand menu (movies you can watch, at no extra cost, at any time with pause, rewind, fast-forward, etc.) It was almost like; if you saw it had aired or was in the guide for TCM, you could find it On Demand.
And this list would be up for months before a movie would be taken down, with new editions added

But with the current cable company they only have between 8 - 10 movies in the menu (and most of them are either the same ones they show frequently or stinkers). And they'll sometimes remove a movie I'd like to see just 48 hours after they put it in the menu.

Just an add on (which would have had me extremely annoyed if it still applied) - the cable company I had that had all these great things surrounding TCM that I described in my previous post was Comcast.

But just now, in doing some research, I came across articles that said Comcast customers were up in arms because the company removed TCM (the only non-commercial movie channel) from their Basic subscription package in late 2019. (I'd moved from my former residence where we had Comcast in 2018.)

The articles say that Comcast charges an extra $9.99 / mo. to watch TCM!!! (I haven't read anything to say that's changed since then.)

As far back as I've had cable, TCM was always free even in the cheapest subscription packages.

We currently have Optimum, and TCM is part of the basic package.

Like CR said, I would LOVE to have TCM. I had 250 channel subscription, but gave it up because the only channel I watched with any frequency was TCM. So in effect it was costing me $70 a month just for TCM. So I went to the $20 basic cable just to have network TV for some sporting events. But if I could get TCM for 10 bucks, I likely would!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

It might be your cable company's fault. I have Spectrum Cable with TCM, and I've never seen TCM have the wrong year listed for a movie.

Some DVDs I buy do this too. Maybe putting 2019 as the date of Bullitt instead of 1968. I always presumed they did this to make the movie seem fresher & up-to date.

On DVDs, it might be the year that the DVD was released, not the year that the movie was released. I've seen that on auction sites (like eBay) where they use the year to distinguish between different versions of DVD releases.

I concur. I do tune into the guide to check what's on TCM first.

This is probably just a perspective, but I'd swear they put the best stuff on at the most inopportune times. It seems like there's always a movie on late at night that I always wanted to see, but it doesn't end until 4:00 am!
Does your cable company offer a DVR cable box? I got one a few years ago when we switched to Spectrum Cable. It's great because I can just schedule the DVR to record movies and TV shows, and watch them when I have time.

Another thing that bothers me with the current cable we have... with my old cable they'd have about 20 - 50 movies that aired recently on TCM in their On Demand menu (movies you can watch, at no extra cost, at any time with pause, rewind, fast-forward, etc.) It was almost like; if you saw it had aired or was in the guide for TCM, you could find it On Demand.
And this list would be up for months before a movie would be taken down, with new editions added

But with the current cable company they only have between 8 - 10 movies in the menu (and most of them are either the same ones they show frequently or stinkers). And they'll sometimes remove a movie I'd like to see just 48 hours after they put it in the menu.
This might be TCM's fault. I noticed that the On Demand selection has gone down for TCM on Spectrum too.

Just an add on (which would have had me extremely annoyed if it still applied) - the cable company I had that had all these great things surrounding TCM that I described in my previous post was Comcast.

But just now, in doing some research, I came across articles that said Comcast customers were up in arms because the company removed TCM (the only non-commercial movie channel) from their Basic subscription package in late 2019. (I'd moved from my former residence where we had Comcast in 2018.)

The articles say that Comcast charges an extra $9.99 / mo. to watch TCM!!! (I haven't read anything to say that's changed since then.)

As far back as I've had cable, TCM was always free even in the cheapest subscription packages.

We currently have Optimum, and TCM is part of the basic package.

If I remember correctly, TCM is part of the second tier for Spectrum. We get a few of the movie channels, like Showtime and Starz, but we don't get the more desirable ones, like HBO and Cinemax.

If I remember correctly, TCM is part of the second tier for Spectrum. We get a few of the movie channels, like Showtime and Starz, but we don't get the more desirable ones, like HBO and Cinemax.
I would love it if TCM had a stand alone streaming service for a fee. Presumably the cable companies contractually forbid that though.

On DVDs, it might be the year that the DVD was released, not the year that the movie was released. I've seen that on auction sites (like eBay) where they use the year to distinguish between different versions of DVD releases.
No, I totally get this. But it’s obfuscation: they don’t tell the customer this. It gives the customer the impression that the date is the date of release.

I would love it if TCM had a stand alone streaming service for a fee. Presumably the cable companies contractually forbid that though.
Stand alone streaming is the greatest thing ever. I go in & out of hbo max, Hulu, netflix, prime. Sometimes I stay a month, sometimes I stay a year. Depends on their offerings.

Kaiser's mail order pharmacy.

Every time I order a prescription and go to check out, it says "Unable to retrieve estimate" and I have to blindly place my order without knowing how much money I'm actually spending. As both my insurance provider and the pharmacy Kaiser should damn well be able to tell me the price of my medication. But no, this has been an issue for the last like 3 years I've been a member.

Kaiser's mail order pharmacy.

Every time I order a prescription and go to check out, it says "Unable to retrieve estimate" and I have to blindly place my order without knowing how much money I'm actually spending. As both my insurance provider and the pharmacy Kaiser should damn well be able to tell me the price of my medication. But no, this has been an issue for the last like 3 years I've been a member.
Don’t your meds fall into a non-charge tier? I used to use express scripts, now I use OptumRx. Optum is kinda dumb, but they’re ok.

Don’t your meds fall into a non-charge tier? I used to use express scripts, now I use OptumRx. Optum is kinda dumb, but they’re ok.
Not entirely sure what a "non-charge tier" is, but no. The only thing that's free is the shipping. I usually end up finding out how much the meds cost after the fact when I check the pending charges on my credit card.

Not entirely sure what a "non-charge tier" is, but no. The only thing that's free is the shipping. I usually end up finding out how much the meds cost after the fact when I check the pending charges on my credit card.
I get Simvastatin & Levothyroxene from OptumRx covered by my UHC med. insurance & these meds are free to me. I also take a sub-opiate, but I pay $5 for 30 tablets & get them from a local pharmacy. This drug requires a signature & I can’t deal with the USPS searching for me every month for a signature.

I’m probably not explaining this very well.