24th Hall of Fame

Tools    

My guess was that it was Citizen's since he just watched it and thought highly of it, and it's a movie that I also wanted to see it again. Maybe I nominated it for CR? Maybe I nominated it here and decided this was too much for me?

My guess was that it was Citizen's since he just watched it and thought highly of it, and it's a movie that I also wanted to see it again. Maybe I nominated it for CR? Maybe I nominated it here and decided this was too much for me?
That's funny, cause I hadn't done the guessing thing yet, but my guess was that you had picked it for me, as I know you like Fassbinder films. But you've not dropped out! So I don't know who it was

That's funny, cause I hadn't done the guessing thing yet, but my guess was that you had picked it for me, as I know you like Fassbinder films. But you've not dropped out! So I don't know who it was
I once nominated The Marriage of Maria Braun but I think I've only seen that and Ali.

I didn't care for Ali, but definitely wasn't going to be bothered by a rewatch. O think Fassbinder has grown on me a lot since that watch. It was either the first or second of his O had seen.

The Secret in Their Eyes

This was my 2nd time watching this Oscar winner for best foreign language film. It beat out the more talked about The White Ribbon, and I'd say for good reason. I literally found it by googling "the best movies you've never heard of". I thought it was brilliant before and my opinion has not changed.

An American remake came out in 2015 which I have no interest in seeing. Sure, you can recreate this film's plot, but you cannot recreate it's soul. It's packaged as a thriller, and it works as a thriller, but it's so much more than that. This movie is about love, loss, regret, dealing with trauma, putting the past behind, and looking towards the future.

It's beautifully directed, the characters and performances are wonderful, and the score is elegant. It's a movie that touches my heart, makes me think, and brings tears to my eyes. One of the best movies of the last 20 years and despite it's darkness, one of the most moving movies I've seen. Great nomination!

Can't wait to see it Cricket. I have watched the remake. I don't think it's real good but not as bad as people say either. Definitely coming late in the game this one. Been on the radar a long time but I just haven't pulled the trigger.

Ah, dang. I was planning on rewatching Ali: Fear Eats the Soul tonight. Fortunately, I've already seen it, but yeah, it's great. I recommend watching it anyways if you guys haven't yet though.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I forgot to reserve the second post, so everything will be on that first post. Sorry guys.

Deadline for add on nomination people is January 8th. Then no more will be accepted.

I've seen Deer Hunter and Beasts of Southern Wild.

I saw the American remake of Secret in their Eyes, hope original is better.
it IS FAR BETTER Im sure.