Boobookittyfock’s Reviews!

→ in
Tools    

Here’s looking at you, kid.
Singin’ in the Rain

1952 musical film about the transition of silent film to talking pictures. *

This film is absolutely stunning, from the cinematography, aided by the gorgeous colors of set and costume design, to the well written, slap stick satirical numbers.*

On top of the gorgeous visuals, the film hosts an all star cast of Gene Kelly, Donald O’Connor and Debbie Reynolds. Once you see their performance, it’s an immediate reminder of how talented actors were. *

This has become one of my favorites and is one of the most well regarded films in history for a reason. *If you haven’t seen it, you must make it a must watch and make room for whatever was gonna glue you to the tele next.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Singin’ in the Rain

1952 musical film about the transition of silent film to talking pictures. *

This film is absolutely stunning, from the cinematography, aided by the gorgeous colors of set and costume design, to the well written, slap stick satirical numbers.*

On top of the gorgeous visuals, the film hosts an all star cast of Gene Kelly, Donald O’Connor and Debbie Reynolds. Once you see their performance, it’s an immediate reminder of how talented actors were. *

This has become one of my favorites and is one of the most well regarded films in history for a reason. *If you haven’t seen it, you must make it a must watch and make room for whatever was gonna glue you to the tele next.

Singin’ in the Rain is one of the greatest musicals ever made. I first saw it when I was a kid, and I immediately became a huge Gene Kelly fan.

@gbgoodies

I know! He is a legend! He also co-directed the film which is impressive and I didn’t know until I saw it on letterboxd.

It’s a shame that Donald O’Connor didn’t get many other films that were held in such high regard. His performance in the film was honestly my favorite. He was so enjoyable and light on his feet. Such a talent!

The Handmaiden

You can even curse at me or steal things from me. But please don't lie to me. Understand?“

The Handmaiden was a masterpiece. **

This is a film other films wish they could be. Balanced, funny at just the right moments, complex, twists, twists and more twists, the story, the lighting, the cinematography, I could boast about this film till my thumb falls off.*

If you are one of those people that are hesitant about watching foreign films, please don’t give up the opportunity to watch this film, just because it has sub titles. *As long as you get past the first 15 minutes, sit back and enjoy the ride, this film isn’t just a film, it’s an experience.

I didn’t expect much going into the film, sometimes foreign films are hit or miss for me and didn’t think it was gonna be a “Parasite”. *And I was right, it wasn’t “Parasite”, it was better!!! *

I have had the same top five movies for as long as I could remember, ever before my letterboxd profile. *Once I finished the film, I put it as my favorite and was the first film I had ever given 5 stars ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️*

I rarely ever rewatch films but instead of writing this review, I just want to dive right in and watch it again.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
@gbgoodies

It’s a shame that Donald O’Connor didn’t get many other films that were held in such high regard. His performance in the film was honestly my favorite. He was so enjoyable and light on his feet. Such a talent!

Donald O’Connor was an incredible dancer, but other than Singin' in the Rain, he was probably best known for the movies with Francis the Talking Mule. He deserved better than that.