Inside the MoFo's Head

Tools    

I couldn't resist. Lipton's questions are amusing enough that I simply have to pose them to each MoFo here to answer.

1. What is your favorite sound?
2. What is your least favorite sound?
3. What is your favorite word?
4. What is your least favorite word?
5. What profession, other than your own, you would most like to attempt?
6. What is the profession you wouldn't like to have under any circumstances?
7. What is your favorite curse word?
8. If Heaven exists, what do you want to hear God say as you enter the Pearly Gates?
Have fun. I'll answer later.

And you're not supposed to think about these too much, but just do some Free Association and blurt out (or rather, type out) the first thing that comes to mind.

*And there are two more questions:
1. What turns you on, excites you, creatively or spiritually?
2. What turns you off?

1. Turns Me On: BeBop Jazz
2. Turns Me Off: bad Chinese food
3. Favorite Sound: laughter
4. Least Favorite Sound: cell phones and cellophane in movie theaters
5. Favorite Word: tintinnabulation
6. Least Favorite Word: smegma
7. Profession You'd Most Like To Try: private dick
8. Profession You Wouldn't Want Under Any Circumstances: plummer
9. Favorite Curse Word: Godd@mn & Mutherfu*ker
10. Hear God say...: "Relax."
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

1. THX intro

2. A certain grinding sound it makes me fell sick to my stomach

3. Women

4. Evil

5. Cinematography

6. Mortician

7. Son - of - a - Bitch

8. Hi Geoffrey

Strings
2. What is your least favorite sound? Nails on a chalkboard
3. What is your favorite word? Autumn
4. What is your least favorite word? Bitchin
5. What profession, other than your own, you would most like to attempt? Musician or painter in Harlem during the renaissance
6. What is the profession you wouldn't like to have under any circumstances? Peep show mop-up boy
7. What is your favorite curse word? F--kin' mutt (in a Robert De Niro voice)
8. If Heaven exists, what do you want to hear God say as you enter the Pearly Gates? "Smoking or non smoking?"
9. What turns you on, excites you, creatively or spiritually?
Painting, great movies, pretty songs, unopened cigarette packets, chocolate milkshakes, wine, coffee, new socks
10. What turns you off? Uninteresting schoolwork

I'm a little woozy right now, I might watn to change my answers later.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
teehee, chwistmas eve with my buds!!

i watched the kevin spacey Inside the Actor's Studio and oh god, he is so incredible. so so so incredible. knowing a man like him is out there, a talent like him is out there just makes you feel all gooey inside. ANYWAY!! onward ...

1. What is your favorite sound? - I agree with Kevin here. Laughter.

2. What is your least favorite sound? - Hm. First off, nothing comes to mind. Heavy panting that is not sexually related?

3. What is your favorite word? - Beautiful

4. What is your least favorite word? - Whatever

5.What turns you on? - Power

6. What turns you off? - I agree with Kevin here, too. Presumption.

7. What profession, other than your own, you would most like to attempt? - Singing, acting, fashion design, interior decorating.

8. What is the profession you wouldn't like to have under any circumstances? - Sanitarium or prison guard.

9. What is your favorite curse word? - Once again, Kevin is one with me: f**k

10. If Heaven exists, what do you want to hear God say as you enter the Pearly Gates? - Welcome home, child.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
1. What is your favorite sound? - L.B. has this one, THX all the way!!
2. What is your least favorite sound? - Not hearing that lovely THX
3. What is your favorite word? - Gravy
4. What is your least favorite word? - people talking at the theater
5.What turns you on? - playing with the ear
6. What turns you off? - tickling while playing with my ear
7. What profession, other than your own, you would most like to attempt? - race car driver(if you see me drive you would understand)
8. What is the profession you wouldn't like to have under any circumstances? - exotic dancer
9. What is your favorite curse word? - sh*t
10. If Heaven exists, what do you want to hear God say as you enter the Pearly Gates? - Not you!!! No, kinda like what thmilin said, Welcome home.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

what turns me on spiritually; severe weather- preferably massive thunder storms
what turns me on creatively; looking at art (other peoples creations.----in books, galleries, etc.)

what turns me off; loud, pushy people

favorite sound; crackling of leaves underfoot

least favorite sound; car horn

favorite word; affinity

least favorite word; a four letter word i won't say, or even spell out....it's a four letter word beginning with "f" that means flatulence i really hate that word.

profession i'd choose; writer or painter

profession i'd never choose; anyone in charge of a whole lot of people/employees

favorite curse word; f*ck ...........it's powerfully expressive

if heaven exists, what would i hope to hear god say to me; i didn't like hearing some of the things you've said to me, but i dont hold grudges....... welcome my child.

Here goes nothin'...
  • 1. What is your favorite sound?
    A child cooing or giggling. The noises Boo makes in "Monsters, Inc." are the perfect example of this. I'm smiling a little even now, just thinking about it.
  • 2. What is your least favorite sound?
    Either someone yelling at the top of their longues in an over-reactive way, or kids just yelling and shrieking at each other over some pointless conflict.
  • 3. What is your favorite word?
    Attrition.
  • 4. What is your least favorite word?
    Godd*mn.
  • 5.What turns you on?
    I really don't know if this is meant in a sexual manner or not. I'll assume it isn't, and go with an exciting movie trailer. The movie itself is more enjoyable, but not as exhilarating as the potential that movie has in my mind when I see a truly amazing trailer. In my mind at that point, it could, potentially, be perfect.
  • 6. What turns you off?
    Hypocriscy...including my own.
  • 7. What profession, other than your own, you would most like to attempt?
    Writing in some form or another, though I can't say which.
  • 8. What is the profession you wouldn't like to have under any circumstances?
    As Spud said: exotic dancer. I'd find it too degrading...I shouldn't be ashamed to let people know what I do for a living, and this is one of the few things I'd be ashamed to do. I'd be much less ashamed even if I were to work a low-level job far later in life than most others do.
  • 9. What is your favorite curse word?
    D*mn. I use it far too often.
  • 10. If Heaven exists, what do you want to hear God say as you enter the Pearly Gates?
    Miriam couldn't have said it better: Welcome home.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I have to change what turns me on. Patti reminded me of this so I have to say it. Thunderstorms. Right there, that turns me on and I wanna get (sorry I can't really say), but thunderstorms make me really comfortable and it's the type of weather where you HAVE to find things to do INDOORS.

Now With Moveable Parts
Boy, you guys had fun on here without me.

Favorite Sound: Rain on a metal roof

Least Favorite Sound: Scratching on a Chalk Board

Favorite Word: Horticulture

Least Favorite Word: Vagina or c*nt

What Turns Me On: Sexy Music or Humor

What Turns Me Off: Arrogance

What Proffession Would I Like To Do: SNL Cast Member

What Proffession Would I Least Want To Do: Cop

Favorite Curse Word: Bullsh*t.

What Would I Want To Hear God Say To Me At The Pearly Gates: You Made It.

bravo T.......on the hypocrisy comment.......that you despise it including in yourself......i would agree, and i'm proud to hear anyone admit they occasionally fall short of their own standards.. that is the only way one can grow....to be aware of stuff like that versus denial, highbrow judgment, thinking one is the exception, etc.

spud........T-storms, and severe weather have always made me extremely high.......my theory about why i get so high and floaty and way-excited when it's thunderstorming is that the storm is sucking all the pressure up into the sky......and figuratively lifting my worries and stress up off my shoulders. i think the high pressure actually has an affect on my mood....BUT i don't stay indoors........i head out into the middle ofit all.....and love that very few other people venture out....anyone else i see outside in severe weather has the same sh*t eating grin on their face that i do. but now as a mommy, i do get looks from people when they see me out there with my little girl..........i impose my delights on her.........she loves storms too now.....but i suppose their is a danger of lighting, trees coming down, etc.
the absolute best storm i was in was atop the Continental Divide......13,000 feet......massive lightning and thunder..........I ACTUALY FELT THE RUMBLE OF THUNDER ON MY SKIN.......i was IN the thunder....but the lightning was deadly and i could have bit the big one. something about the danger, and the sheer power of NATURE...that is just the ultimate turn-on. that was before i had a child, so i am less reckless now.
i know Holden also adores sever weather.

and a note about favorite words; i love words, and etymology, and the evolution of language and meaning. i have a few great reference books -Dictionary of Word Origins, Dictionary of Weird Words to name a couple.
isn't it odd that words can sound pleasant or the opposite?

Hope I'm not too corny...

1. What is your favorite sound? Wind through the leaves
2. What is your least favorite sound? squealing tires
3. What is your favorite word? Love
4. What is your least favorite word? whatever
5. What profession, other than your own, you would most like to attempt? Writing
6. What is the profession you wouldn't like to have under any circumstances? Teaching
7. What is your favorite curse word? F_ck
8. If Heaven exists, what do you want to hear God say as you enter the Pearly Gates My son, you have helped vastly more than you have hurt... enter

Oh yeah.. Sorry Patti

Turn-Ons: creative expression in all forms... it's the way to get closest to who a person really is... is that voyeurism?, nah

Turn-Offs: Braggarts, especially when they can't back it up.... and arrogance, who has time for that?

Corny?? ....no, not at all Toose.

you forgot "turn on" and "turn off"..........

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Toose
Oh yeah.. Sorry Patti

Turn-Ons: creative expression in all forms... it's the way to get closest to who a person really is... is that voyeurism?, nah

Creative expression in words, alone, are so powerful...

Too many to pick just one, but the nominees are: hooves on cobblestones, the first bite out of a fresh apple, and the sound of a stone dropping into a lake.

2. What is your least favorite sound?
Bone cracking.

3. What is your favorite word?
Again, too many to pick just one, but I like jazz, relax, cardiopulmonary, antidisestablishmentarianism, spirit, sprite, and chronos.

probably, maybe, basically and
pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis

5. What profession, other than your own, you would most like to attempt?
Facetious Answer: I plan to try them all.
Serious Answer: Military helicopter pilot.

6. What is the profession you wouldn't like to have under any circumstances?
Undersea welding and construction.

7. What is your favorite curse word?
"Favorite" and "curse" don't go together. It's never a pleasure to curse someone or something. [/self-righteous]

8. If Heaven exists, what do you want to hear God say as you enter the Pearly Gates?
That's between me and The Man. [/SELF-RIGHTEOUS ALREADY! COME ON!]

9. Turn-Ons: Intelligence.

10. Turn-Offs: Hostility / fear / anger / repression.

i find you quite interesting Sullivan.

Addendum to my list........a tie with the sound of crackling leaves underfoot, is the sound of an owl hooting.

[quote]Originally posted by Sullivan

probably, maybe, basically and
pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis

is that when one has tiny little mucus-like explosions within their lungs?
(excuse my moronic postings tonight.......)

Ooops. I even spelled it wrong. It's actually spelled pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.

You're close. To be honest, I'm cheating: that word is not actually in the dictionary. Supposedly, it means: 'a lung disease caused by the inhalation of very fine silica dust' but actually it's just an excuse for a very long word.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
sully!! HOOVES ON COBBLESTONES!! that kicks arse right there, that's on my list, i can' t believe i didn't think of it but yes, it's marvelous!!

and the sound of swishing skirts (lots and lots of skirts on ONE Renaissance woman, ah, fashion bliss)

fancy pen writing on fancy paper (that scratch that a ballpoint pen cannot make)

and the sound of sheets. paper sheets too, but namely bedsheets. You know, the sound they make when you lift them, turn them to get into the bed, or fluff up/move around pillows?

and of a fan being opened. very luxurious and very precise. dignified and sexy at the same time.

ok i'll stop now. i sound like a lush. a non-alcoholic lush.

nice imagery as usual, Thmilin. i forgot about a sound i hear every night.......the tapping of my fingers on the keyboard.........i just like it......but i wouldn't put it in the favorite sound category.......this is just a pleasant sound and it has something to do with making me feel scholarly.........i'm a mean@ss typist.......fast as lightning.........( i need to get a larger keyboard......my Mac board is about as big as a ruler - it makes my hands seem as big as oven mitts.)

Sullivan.....i figured the word was one of the "excuse for a big word" type of words......but it's fun to look at the pieces and figure out what they are.........lots of interesting ones in the medical field.....i would love to have taken a Latin class at some point in school.