What does everyone do for a living?

Tools    

I am a day trader. I'm kind of a writer at heart, and want to write a novel someday.

May God have mercy on your soul, baby. May God have mercy.

I'm a student/filmmaker/writer.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by firegod
I'm kind of a writer at heart, and want to write a novel someday.
All the luck in the world to you. Best wishes.

*we all want to write, don't we? I know I do...screenplays.

All the luck in the world to you. Best wishes.
Amen to that. Here's to the aspiring writers--we need all the luck we can get in this cruel world...

"Fabricated American"
Application Developer
You want it, I write it.

Database Designer
Got Data?

I once got a job doing what I loved. Made it feel too much like work.

-GTB

i'm a student at stonewall jackson high school - the best public high school in the country, according to our generous check to the AOL-Time Warner company. i also work at blockbuster video every sunday, from 9 to 5. umm. my favorite class at school is creative writing II/dance/football class. mr. ondrof is my teacher, he's the best teacher in the world. he let me hang up a poster of the lonely hearts club band, with pictures of the bee-gees and peter frampton, on the wall over the tv. what a great class.

for the past few years i do whatever work i can do where my little whippersnapper can go along- kid-care room at my healthclub, and babysitting for some graduate student/parents.
.....before mommyhood clipped me on the chin (in a good way ofcourse), i was finishing up art education certification to teach art to middle thru highschool kids. but i have worked in a few commercial photo labs....darkroom, copyshooting, etc. and i've been a baker for many years.
once my girl is in school, i hope to teach art as planned.

on the side and deep into my soul, i'm a nature lovin' freak and artist.....and now mommy.

i still fantasize i'm a writer but i don't write. i will always fantasize that i could make a living with my art.

I know I do...screenplays.
Oh my God, we need to start e-mailing each other.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by The Silver Bullet

Oh my God, we need to start e-mailing each other.
Yep. I got one in the works already...about a third of the way finished. We should pick each other's brains. (Quite a visual...brain-picking)

Back with a bang!
Right now, I'm a piss-poor student living in a 20m^2 appartment where I can almust turn around. In four years, when I've (hopefully) completed my studies, I will be working as a teacher in english and history.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
You'll then upgrade from that dinky little apartment to an apartment big enough for a VW Bug.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Vetinari
Right now, I'm a piss-poor student living in a 20m^2 appartment where I can almust turn around. In four years, when I've (hopefully) completed my studies, I will be working as a teacher in english and history.
Hooray! A fellow aspiring teacher...hope it works out for you.

**now wish me luck**

Female assassin extraordinaire.
OHO! I told you all you would want to follow in my foosteps! Secretly, you all crave to create the magic that is the written word!

Mary Lo - dahling, too bad you're in IL, I could use your skills! All we writers ever do is use one another. Read my story, read my story! Is it bad, is it good? Be honest! No, don't be honest! Wait! Be KIND OF honest!

People keep asking me if I want to be a teacher. Well, they used to more often when I was still in school. Cuz of the good ol' English Major. And my answer is no. I have no patience for other people's children. It will take me way too much energy to find any for my own, one day.

I can't believe you kids have Creative Writing actually offered as a class in high school now. that is some bullsh|t. where was MY creative writing when *I* was growing up? Huh? HUH?! well, just appreciate it. d@mned whippersnappers.

Anyhoo, jobs I've had - um, not many. Parent was strict and over protective. That means I lived off the mercy of a $5/week allowance. But in college summer jobs I had: I was an Office Assistant for the Finance Dept of MCIWorldCom in Napa, CA. Another time I was the shipping receiver for Michael's Arts & Crafts. And during school I was the 4 years smoothie queen (smoothie bar heroine)/cashier/student manager at my dining hall. I still make a mean smoothie. We rivalled Jamba Juice and stole their customers.

Then, volunteer webwork for nonprofit type things, just trying to get writing exposure. Including this site (movie reviews) and various webzines. I earn no mula, but you know, gotta get the name out there somehow (poetry, short stories).

So yeah, the plan is to be a writer. I have hundreds of pages for various incomplete novels collecting dust on the good ol' hard drive. I finally decided my major focus is to write erotica (see my profile and link). And to revive love poetry in America. Or the world. The universe! The Age of Romance is dead and I think there's something horrible in that. I'm part of the Renaissance.

And for the day job, internet related stuff, since I live in Silicon Valley. I was sort of a tech writer/instructional writer at my last job. Now i'm in customer service/advertising which has nothing to do with that but I do get to write moving emails to incensed customers! The company i'm with is good tho, so there's potential to move up and have more fulfilling work.

all i wanna do is write, man. have my own little island in the caribbean with a hot cabana boy, my own private beach, crystal blue water, feet up, shades on, keyboard keys click clacking away ...

someday. i'll be dead eventually and the whole world won't be able to stop talking about me and remaking my life story. like shakespeare. woohoo!!

I am a full time college student. Officially, I'm majoring in psychology, but I take a lot of biology classes as well because they're fun. I have yet to decide what I actually want to do for a career. Right now I have several odd jobs. I do animal care for the biology department at my school, I do some lifeguarding, I work at a battered women's shelter, and I'm going to start doing some guiding for a whitewater rafting company. None of these jobs are especially lucrative, but I make enough money to pay $200 a month to live in a walk in closet in some friends' apartment and to pay for school and, of course, to fund my movie addiction (somewhat). =)

Originally posted by thmilin

all i wanna do is write, man. have my own little island in the caribbean with a hot cabana boy, my own private beach, crystal blue water, feet up, shades on, keyboard keys click clacking away ...
i'll send my messenger dove on over with messages from time to time........from my island down the way.

i'll be dead eventually and the whole world won't be able to stop talking about me.......
only after they're done talking about me.

nah, you rate thmilin!

Mary Lo - dahling, too bad you're in IL, I could use your skills! All we writers ever do is use one another. Read my story, read my story! Is it bad, is it good? Be honest! No, don't be honest! Wait! Be KIND OF honest!
Reminds me a little of workshop--they'll always start with, "I just want to say I really like this story," and then they rip you a new a*shole. But that's graduate fiction workshop for you--a pool of sharks, I tell you. It's actually a pretty good environment.

Thmillin, there's always e-mail... Sades has already been subjected to my deathless prose (and gave some very helpful feedback, I might add) and she's supposed to be sending me something of her own. Where is it, huh??? Step up to the plate, woman!

We could all set up an e-mail ring for stories, screenplays, poetry, and whathaveyou. I'm for it--who's comin' with me...

Originally posted by Mary Loquacious
We could all set up an e-mail ring for stories, screenplays, poetry, and whathaveyou. I'm for it--who's comin' with me...
Oooooo...I really like that idea. I'd wanna join in, but I'd probably only have boring non-fiction stuff to offer.

Morbida
I work as a Network Admin for a large cement company....pretty boring but pay is good!

Originally posted by Mary Loquacious

well, i'll have to check with my cabana boy to see what's on the schedule........my cabana boy is having a "thing" with thmilin's cabana boy. but shhhhhhhh don't tell her. she'd be crushed.....or, rather, she'd crush him and bring in another.

but seriously, that's a great idea.....for those of you who write.....i just fantasize about writing.

nice avatar Xetoxic