Grace and Frankie

Tools    

I am two episodes in on season 2 of the best thing I've seen on Netflix since The Ranch. Jane Fonda plays Grace, a retired businesswoman who has been married to Robert (Martin Sheen) for 40 years and are the parents of two grown daughters. Frankie (Lily Tomlin) has been married for the same 40 years to Sol (Sam Waterston) and they are the parents to two adopted sons, one black and one white. Grace and Frankie are thrown for a major loop when Robert and Sol announce that they want divorces because they are in love with each other. Grace and Frankie then reluctantly agree to share the beach house that the two couples purchased together while Robert and Sol move in together and start planning their wedding. This one definitely scores points for originality and the powerhouse cast is perfection. The respect and love that Fonda and Tomlin have for each other shines through in very scene and Sheen and Waterston make the most adorable gay couple I have ever seen. Also love June Diane Raphael as Grace's neurotic eldest daughter, Brianna and Ethan Embrey as Sol and Frankie's drug addict white son, Coyote. Enjoying the hell out of this sitcom from Marta Kaufmann, one of the creators of Friends.

I'm now nine episodes into season 2...can't believe Sol and Robert are still apart...it's hard watching the cutest gay couple ever apart. I'm also loving Ethan Embrey as Coyote, who's got a lot jucier role here than he did on Sneaky Pete.

Just finished season 2...I always suspected that Grace and Frankie would go into business together at some point but I sure didn't have any idea what kind of business. Can we please have more of June Diane Raphael as Brianna? She's brilliant.

Am two episodes into season 5 now, which is getting kind of silly. Watching these two squatting in what used to be their house is kind of dumb. I think I missed exactly how they lost the house in the first place.

Just wrapped ep 5 and I think I'm understanding the small mercy that this show ended production...the show is definitely losing steam halfway through the final season...ep 5 was just embarrassing.

Did finsh the series finale, which didn't feel like a finale at ll...clearly, the writers had no idea that the show was going to shut down production after this episode.

Well I just finished the second to last episode of the final season, which has been right up there with the final seasons of Oz and Roseane...this episode which found the ladies going on Shark Tank was ridiculous. Even Jane Fonda looks embarrassed to be involved with this mess.

Just watched the final episode...quickly wrapped everything up in a neat little bow, but I guess a proper ending for the show, better than the ending of season 5.