18th Mofo Hall of Fame

Tools    

got mine ready for the 19th as well. I'm still looking for mid May, perhaps a little later to give the Sci Fi HoF a good start...
I got my nom ready for the 19th too Waiting tell mid May or later to start the 19th is cool by me and sounds like a good idea too.

I can also host the second animation HOF if people are cool with it, perhaps late May/early June
I'm cool with you hosting I might even join, can't promise that I will, but I did enjoy the Pixar HoF so maybe I will.

I have noms for 19, sci fi, and animation, so I would join all three.

I think I'll need some time to think of noms for the 19th and sci-fi HoFs.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

I think I'll need some time to think of noms for the 19th and sci-fi HoFs.
There never seems to be enough time for me to come up with films.

I don't even have a nomination for the sci-fi HoF, and I've been planning to host it for a number of months now. I did make a banner for the thread yesterday though, so at least I'm not going into it completely empty handed haha.

There never seems to be enough time for me to come up with films.

I don't even have a nomination for the sci-fi HoF, and I've been planning to host it for a number of months now. I did make a banner for the thread yesterday though, so at least I'm not going into it completely empty handed haha.
I had my nom picked out for the 19th for many months, it was easy. And I tentatively picked out a nom for the animation HoF in like a minute...BUT I'm like you in that I'm having the hardest time deciding on a nom for the sci-fi Hof. There's lots of sci-fis I love, but they are either the biggies that everyone has seen, and I try not to nominate those (but I might), or they are B budget 50s sci fis, I love those, but no one else would I would have went with Cherry 2000, but I just nominated that in the B movie HoF. Oh well 'window shopping' for a nom is half of the fun of an HoF

I don't have any clue what I'm going to nominate for sci-fi or 19. I'll try to participate on at least one of them though, probably even both.
Both, I hope.

Sci-Fi isn't my thing, so I probably won't sign up for the Sci-Fi HOF.
Maybe if you join you might find some sci-fis you like. Have you seen any that you liked?

Sorry I missed the reveal. I had a sneaking suspicion that Road to Perdition would edge it but I would have been happy either way. Here's my list:

1. Perfect Blue
2. The King of Comedy
3. Road to Perdition
4. The Square
5. The Little Stranger
6. The Florida Project
7. Bubba Ho-Tep
8. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
9. Abandon Ship!
10. Brimstone
11. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
12. Split

I have noms for 19, sci fi, and animation, so I would join all three.
I have a nom picked out for sci-fi and the 19th. Animation is a bit trickier though as there's about four or five that I would pick.

Have you seen any that you liked?
Of course there are. Her, for example. But Sci-Fi is one of my least favorite genres and the few I do like are generally light on Sci-Fi elements.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Mid May sounds great for the 19th. I can also host the second animation HOF if people are cool with it, perhaps late May/early June
ABSOLUTELY!!!!
And that sounds like an ideal time to start it as well

Hmm... I have already two possible nominations for sci-fi HoF. Just wondering if the other one is too much a B-movie and ends up getting the Split-like reception
B-Sci-Fis are my favorite kind I'm considering a couple of those myself.

In hindsight I wish more people had access to at least a solid dvd copy of Split. It's a good film but again - it needs to be payed attention to and seen/heard. Bad quality probably makes it unbearable.

A bacteria carried by a nomad threatens government evil if released into the water in fear people will drink it and start thinking for themselves.