Overprotective Parenting

Tools    

TWT thinks I am an overprotective parent... I saw an article on CNN about these indian families who hung their kids for being lovers. Now that is intense. Don't try to date my daughter!!!

I don't think you're necessarily overprotective -- I don't really know your kids. If I had to guess, though, I'd say you might be a bit more protective than need be, but obviously I'm no authority on the subject.

That TWT has an opinion about everything!!! Me, I think Im very lucky. My parents let me live with Pigsnie (I see them every weekend) and Pigsnie is a pretty cool bro. He doesnt beat me if I eat all the food in the house & he doesnt think Im weird becuz I read bodice rippahs although they are gettin kinda repetitious. i mean, even Sultan Bigpants would get tired of 400 wives sooner or later.
[Edited by PigsnieLite on 08-08-2001]

Pigsnie has a car that looks like a hearse but I dont know, my friends think it looks cool. makes me feel like a secret service agent when Pigsnie drives it.

Hummmmm, Princess diana is like worm food,I dont know why people still talk about her. Have any of you seen the pics of princess anne? She looks older than the Queen Mum, I feel sorry for her. She looks terribly sad.

GOD SAVE MY LUNCH!!!!

PS. what does toose mean? Pigsnie says it is contraction for Tooloose Latrec.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I think there is a line that has to be drawn between being concerned and being overly concerned. It's obvious that when you reach a certain age wanna stay out your parents are gonna worry. It's kinda sad when they make you check in every half hour though. I think that you want to have some knowledge of what your kid is doing, but don't practically look over their shoulder every second of the day. We have to make mistakes, and it's our duty to fail, that's what parents are for. To fall back on.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't have any involvement with your kid, you should just give them more room when they ask for it. So in closing, space good, only when you feel as if you can trust your judgement to let them have more freedom. I don't know what all I just said, I think it was more rambling than anything else.

"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

PLite: When I was young my father had a stressful job. He used to come home and drink this funky wine called Mateuse. Since my real first name is Matt, he started calling me Mattoose. From there it denegraded into Toose. I wish it was something as honorable as Lautrec. I have an art degree and studied his work. I think I would call myself Vincent instead though for I think he paints like I dream.

SPDRCR: My kids are only 7 and 4, I hope I can butt out when the time is right. After talking with several of you younger guys over the course of the past few weeks my resolve in this arena is refreshed. You all seem to have a great deal of knowledge, creativity and good judgement. I think maybe I do need to back off a little and hope the guidance that I provide will help them when they need it.

Oh, and Plite, I read through the badgering session... you and Pigsnie are truly entertaining and creative. Tell Pigsnie I really enjoyed the ghost story... he has chosen the correct profession.

Ohhhh, so that is what your name is. Matoose. We have many weird names on this forum. Look at thmilins. You probably know what it means by now if youve read badger.

by the way, dyou like my eroticle? Its not as good as Pigsnies becuz I got stuck & I dont know enuf about sultans. You should write on Badger too, it will be great~! I wish Pigsnie would write more but he is not feeling so good & is thinkin of locking me up in the cellar until he recovers, hahaha!!!!

WHAAAA, you havent read my eroticle about the sultans concubine in the bath??? SHAME ON YOU TWT!!! And Pigsnies ghost story was the one about the baby in the grass I think.

Nope, haven't read those? Where are they (which page)? I must've totally missed them, but believe me, I'd like to read them both. You were talking about your eroticle for months -- I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Awww, Great, now I have to look for them, MAN, see whut happens when you dont read badger everyday ... grumble grumble .. and I dons suppose youhavent read the story of my birth either while my mum was cuttin a medallyon of meatloaf, arrrggghhhh ..

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by Toose
PLite: When I was young my father had a stressful job. He used to come home and drink this funky wine called Mateuse. Since my real first name is Matt, he started calling me Mattoose. From there it denegraded into Toose. I wish it was something as honorable as Lautrec. I have an art degree and studied his work. I think I would call myself Vincent instead though for I think he paints like I dream.

SPDRCR: My kids are only 7 and 4, I hope I can butt out when the time is right. After talking with several of you younger guys over the course of the past few weeks my resolve in this arena is refreshed. You all seem to have a great deal of knowledge, creativity and good judgement. I think maybe I do need to back off a little and hope the guidance that I provide will help them when they need it.
I would just make sure that they know what is something they need to stay away from and things that are alright, but don't get paranoid if they have to learn the hard way every now and then. As long as it's not involving really illegal things..ya know...

OK, after hours of scrollin through badger & hittin my head on the keyboard a couple of times, I found the posts.

Pigsnies ghost story is on p.2
my eroticle about sultan & lady cecily is on p.20
and the story of my birth is p.17, found that by accident, LOLL

Ya know I am sure youve read this stuff! But maybe you dont have a good memory TWT, hahaha!!!!

HA, well I am still doin research. Did you like Pigsnies eroticle? it is on p.14. Someday i will write like that but I will use zuchini. It is very hard to write good eroticles becuz I dont cook, hhahaha. Oh well.