I Hate Audi

Tools    

I realize this isn't exactly the best forum to vent these sorts of things, but I'm really mad, so I need to vent somewhere.

So, the air conditioning in my not-yet three year-old Audi A4 went out almost three weeks ago. As it turns out, the hoses going to and from the A/C compressor need to be replaced. But can you get those hoses replaced? No. You know why? Audi isn't importing the parts right now. So we know when they'll be importing the parts again? Nope. They have no concrete plans to ever import parts to repair current Audi A4s.
But surely calling Audi of America was a help, right? Of course not, Audi of America says it's not their problem and refuses to help.

So, I'm stuck with a $26K car with no air conditioning in the hot Texas summer. I can't sell the car because no one will buy it without A/C and there is no way to know whether there will ever be a replacement part imported into the U.S. again. So, I've essentially got a big pile of German junk sitting in my parking lot that is now nearly competely useless and that I cannot trade in because no one will take it until the A/C is fixed (but again, it may never be fixed because Audi refuses to import the parts to fix it AND it's a CURRENT car. It's not like I want parts to a mid-60s Audi they don't make anymore. They still make this stupid car and still use the same climate control system).

I guess my only option is to break in to Park Place Audi one night and steal the hoses off one of the A4s on their lot. No one will sell me the part, so I'll have to resort to a life of crime just to get my car working.

So keep that in mind if you're thinking of purchasing a new Audi or Volkswagen. You may have to resort to breaking and entering and theft just to get your car repaired, and all the manufacturer will say is that it isn't their problem.

Yea, those germans have a lot to answer for. You shouldve bought a Morris Minor like Pigsnie, its looks like a hearse but its cold.

ps. I have no problem with a life of crime if you dont get caught with the car part.

You need to call the American Embassy in Germany and complain.

Nah, just call a junk yard or "auto recycler" as they're called now. They'll get you some used hoses you can use til you find somewhere to get new ones or sell the car.

I live in Arizona and I don't have air conditioning in my car. It's not broken, they charge extra for that. It's an "option" in Arizona. That's what the dealer said. I didn't believe him and bought the car anyway. I don't mind, I like it hot.

Sun~

I called several junk yards, none of them had the parts I need.

I don't think the lady from Audi of America appreicated it when I said "It's because I'm Jewish, isn't it?" when she told me they would not help me get the part needed to repair my car.

I'm trying to sell the car now, but even the dealerships would not accept it on trade-in with the A/C out and no word on whether the parts would be available again.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
hmm, i would fight. you bought the car under the assumption that you would receive any service you need for parts on your CURRENT car and that if your dealer could not provide you with the parts, they would refer you to someone who would and/or could and are bound to help you SERVICE your car as part of the service offered when you buy from them. manufacturer's warranty too, and all that - they are bound to fix what has failed and/or to offer you an avenue to fix it. They knew you will need air conditioning in the climate that you live in and if this was a feature you were looking for when you bought the car, it would also be a feature you would seek to maintain.

Therefore, under these conditions, selling you a CURRENT car KNOWING that you would not be able to find replacement parts - on a current model - for something as common as A/C, which is especially necessary in your climate, is called FRAUD.

Say it with me friends - fraud. And in america, we don't like fraud, now do we? People make millions and millions challenging fraud, now don't they?

so, stress to your dealer that you will address that fraud -and stress that to Audi of America. It would be a very simple matter to take them to court and everybody else who owns an Audi would certainly have something to say ... very similar to that recent little Ford fiasco, wouldn't you say?

FRAUD FRAUD FRAud .. and so on & so fourth

Have you tried EBAY yet?

Go on a Search and tupe Audi and you may find somebody who sells parts. Just make sure they have a lot of good feedback though before you buy.

I did try eBay. I actually thought I would find something there, too, since I tend to find all sorts of obscure things on there.

I found another website that had some more junk yards to try, so I'm going to call some more tomorrow. The problem is that most Audis are wrecked from the front end which would tend to destroy the hoses I need, so who knows if that will work out. And, of course, it still seems stupid to have to go to a junk yard to get a replacement part for a current-model vehicle. Junk yards are supposed to be alternatives where one can hopefully find a part cheaper. It should not be the only source (if it is even a source, I haven't found the part I need yet at any junk yard) for a current-model vehicle.

I'm calling my favorite agitator of an attorney tomorrow, and we'll see what he can get done.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
i agree, ryan, junkyards should be a backup source.

you can also contact your local Better Business Bureau ... they may also be able to point you to other avenues of support to work this out.

and get all the support you can from everywhere and your case/cause will have more steam, and you'll be more likely to get what you want. It'd be cool if you got enough out of this to buy a new car - of another brand!

i love audis, too. those curves ... ah well, now i know better than to buy one.

Well, I looked on the internet to try and find you some hoses. Guess what? They're out of stock too!
At least the 2 website I visited. Sorry.

Originally posted by ryanpaige
So, I've essentially got a big pile of German junk sitting in my parking lot
At least it's a beautifully designed pile of junk.

MovieForums Extra
That's why I drive a Ford Falcon
You can fit a rock in there as a spare part, and it would still work!

By the way, I was able to find a hose to fix my car a while back. So, I've got A/C again.