Classic Comedy Hall of Fame

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
and my second nom I had at #3.

Interesting voting. A lot of similar votes. two 8s and two 5s here, the last had three 5s and the one before three 6s.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Coming in 7th Place

Harvey 23 pts

(7, 5, 5, 5, 1)

I expected Harvey to place higher than this.

would have been nice but I had a feeling Harvey was going to be in the lower middle and it was.

Arsenic & Old Lace was my #1 film. Had my fingers crossed this was going to be higher.

Coming in 5th Place

Arsenic and Old Lace (31 pts)

(10, 7, 7, 5, 2)

Arsenic and Old Lace would have been my #1, but it had some tough competition in this HoF, (and a couple of bad reviews that made me sad), so I'm not too surprised that it placed here.

Arsenic and Old Lace would have been my #1, but it had some tough competition in this HoF, (and a couple of bad reviews that made me sad), so I'm not too surprised that it placed here.
I agree, seeing Arsenic a little higher would have been nice

With my two favorites already shown, I'm rooting for His Girl Friday for the win.
It may get beaten out by Trouble in Paradise. There was a lot of high praise for that one. Though Friday definitely deserves a high spot, that's for sure.

EDIT: originally typed in the wrong movie.

It may get beaten out by Nothing Sacred. There was a lot of high praise for that one. Though Friday definitely deserves a high spot, that's for sure.

Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to watch Nothing Sacred, but it's still on my watchlist.

It may get beaten out by Trouble in Paradise. There was a lot of high praise for that one. Though Friday definitely deserves a high spot, that's for sure.

wait a minute, that was one of the disqualified, wasn't it?
That WOULD have won.

Unfortunately Trouble in Paradise is another movie that I couldn't find time to watch yet.

3rd Place

Nothing Sacred 33 pts

(8, 8, 7, 7, 3)

2nd Place

His Girl Friday 34 pts

(10, 10, 8, 4, 2)

1st Place

Modern Times 35 pts

(10, 9, 6, 6, 4)

And yup the top three were all within 1 point of each other, congrats to @ahwell for the very close win

I saw Modern Times a while back, but I haven't seen it recently. As I recall, it was a good movie, but it didn't rate as a favorite for me.
Do you like Chaplin films, gbg?
If so, have you seen The Kid, and if not, it could be something you may enjoy since it's in the Pre 30's HoF