What Movie is this from?

Tools    

I am still looking, watching my way through 90's New Zealand cinema, there are still some movies that I cannot get ahold of. I really hope this isn't just somebody's idea of a joke and made this up with photoshop or something like that.
Well I know it's not a joke because I know I have seen the pic in a movie! It was crazy because when I first saw the pic, I had just seen the film like a few months before, and I can't quite place it. I guess the video store I rented from doesn't do printouts of previous rentals or whatever either, so that was a bust. I wish I had a better memory.

I'm sorry for all the craziness with this topic, and I very much appreciate all of your help. It really is amazing what you guys do on here to help people!

EDIT: Lol I mentioned this before but don't really think anybody ever said anything. Look at the photo of the 5 guys to the left at the top if it, is some kind of weird mask looking thing idk hanging there or something. Found it odd.

Lol It looks like Megatron or something. I don't think it's relevant. I thought it might just be some reflection of light or bad weatherboard repairs? lol It's crazy that no one can find where the image itself originated from.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I just looked up on another forum where this pic has been posted and someone suggested Munich, of course someone also suggested Poltergeist on a different forum, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I don't think it's Munich.

Well I know it's not a joke because I know I have seen the pic in a movie! It was crazy because when I first saw the pic, I had just seen the film like a few months before, and I can't quite place it. I guess the video store I rented from doesn't do printouts of previous rentals or whatever either, so that was a bust. I wish I had a better memory.

I'm sorry for all the craziness with this topic, and I very much appreciate all of your help. It really is amazing what you guys do on here to help people!

EDIT: Lol I mentioned this before but don't really think anybody ever said anything. Look at the photo of the 5 guys to the left at the top if it, is some kind of weird mask looking thing idk hanging there or something. Found it odd.
I will play devils advocate and see if anything gets jogged this way. making no offenses, just doing a different perspective. I have a bit of retired "detective experience"

The OP posts a pic of a movie they saw "recently".

The pic is from a movie, why was it taken and how was it taken, what was the purpose of the pic in the first place? Was it from a ripped video? was the video lost and is this the reason to try and find it again?

Op states it was from a movie rental place so unless they have high turnaround only a limited number of movies will be available in the OP's liked genre.

The rental place does not keep records of movies nor purchases? Really? Small town? There are always records of rented videos. They use these records to see what they need in terms of genre and number of copies on any particular film.

Credit card reciepts verse the month of purchase (including online records unless it was all cash) cannot be looked at to narrow down the OP's number of movies?

I like a good mystery. All i could get out of the thread so far.

I think possum440 raises some good questions. Where did the pic come from? We could be wrongly assuming that it was from a New Zealand film. Perhaps the photo with the Police car could have just been put on a notice board in an American film to show some recent event going on in New Zealand that was of interest.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Looks like the person who finds this film is going to get a hell of a lot of rep.

Suspect's Reviews

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I think possum440 raises some good questions. Where did the pic come from? We could be wrongly assuming that it was from a New Zealand film. Perhaps the photo with the Police car could have just been put on a notice board in an American film to show some recent event going on in New Zealand that was of interest.
I completely agree, I have just been basing the NZ movies that I have been watching just on the fact that it is a NZ police car in the photo, but it's true that this could be from ANYWHERE, my prediction is that this is going to be one of those that somebody just stumbles across while watching random movies.

Semper Fooey
Or just possibly it isn't a movie at all as the pictures suggest a movie that shouldn't be this hard to find if it exists.

Semper Fooey
My gut says that it's a serial killer or horror movie. I'm thinking that the accident that kills 5 wasn't really an accident.
If the movie exists and the photo of the apparent victims together suggests some demonic presence was watching them.

But I am thinking at this point it is not a movie.

How can a movie with that plot be so hard to find?

Well, i finally got some "desk time" and ran the pic of the guy next to the car as cleaned up as i could through afes (dont ask) no hits. If the Op has a very, very hi res version of that photo, a better pic would help and i might be able to get the face pics blown up and then ran, mayby tag an actors name, it might snowball from there, who knows.

Time line of the photos from a few guys at the shop say we are looking at 70's-80's plus or minus 5 years either direction. As of my typing this the year may go as high as the 90's. The gas filler cap on the patrol car is giving folks fits (look by his leg), some say ford falcon futura EF, some say the nissan maxima, so many years and exports to look at. Ugh.

Hmmm. I was hoping somebody had found something on this by now.

Going out on a limb here, because of NZ movies. Gonna sound dumb cause I've only seen the movie once.
'Black Sheep' Don't recall that much about it so maybe this shot was in it.
Hmmm???? Lol

allwebaccessories.com

The person who finally comes up with the answer to this one should receive nothing less than a standing ovation!!

I think it's a hoax

Well, it is a New Zealand Police car from the early 90's. Either an EA or EAII Ford Falcon.
I suspect it is from a television show - as opposed to a movie. I am a kiwi, and I am positive there are no movies made here, around that timeframe with that ( plane crash ) as part of the plot.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
The gas filler cap on the patrol car is giving folks fits (look by his leg), some say ford falcon futura EF, some say the nissan maxima, so many years and exports to look at. Ugh.
I just looked at the maxima, that's not it because the gas filler cap is on the other side of the car. I've been looking at a lot of cars from the 90's. The closest I have seen is a Chevy Caprice. That probably isn't what it is though.

I just looked at the maxima, that's not it because the gas filler cap is on the other side of the car. I've been looking at a lot of cars from the 90's. The closest I have seen is a Chevy Caprice. That probably isn't what it is though.
Ah, it is either an EA, or EAII Ford Falcon. I mentioned that in the post just above yours..... That is the only car used here in New Zealand as police cars, with that livery in the early 90's. The ONLY other vehicle used in that time frame was a black and white traffic cop car - and that was a Mitsubishi V3000.
I will say it again, it is either an EA, or EAII Ford Falcon.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
Well, it is a New Zealand Police car from the early 90's. Either an EA or EAII Ford Falcon.
I suspect it is from a television show - as opposed to a movie. I am a kiwi, and I am positive there are no movies made here, around that timeframe with that ( plane crash ) as part of the plot.
I just checked a 91 EA and the gas cap is on the left side of the car if you are looking from the back. Same with the EAII. Also the doors are square.