What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Gomorrah, season 3, just arrived from England 10 days early.

^ I'm halfway through series one of that, very very good!
I have to say it’s the best show I have seen for a very long time. Yes, there are some great American & British tv shows around at the moment, but Gomorrah is exceptional. For me, it’s almost impossible to beat The Sopranos, but Gomorrah is of the same high quality. What it is lacking is any sense of humor, which was one of the things that made The Sopranos so wonderful to watch.

Gomorrah is, probably, the best TV programme, along with Mad Men of the last 20 years IMO.
I wouldn’t go that far. The Sopranos is the best ever IMO. The Wire is brilliant. Breaking Bad of course. There are others too. But Gomorrah is up there with the very best.

Finally pulled the trigger on buying New Orleans Uncensored (1955), which is the closest thing to a gangster movie that was shot on location (and takes place) in New Orleans.

I wouldn’t go that far. The Sopranos is the best ever IMO. The Wire is brilliant. Breaking Bad of course. There are others too. But Gomorrah is up there with the very best.
You're right about The Wire, I somehow forgot that. Not sure about The Sopranos. If Gomorrah can keep going for a few more series, I may well put it above that. Nothing beats Mad Men though, for me.

You're right about The Wire, I somehow forgot that. Not sure about The Sopranos. If Gomorrah can keep going for a few more series, I may well put it above that. Nothing beats Mad Men though, for me.
I loved Mad Men Too. Did you ever see The Shield? Excellent cop series set in L.A.

Surprised by this nice double feature in the Wallmart Bargain Bin

I always feel horror movies have a better rewatch than other films, and lord knows The Witch never going to be on TV.

Finally, the 4th & final season of The Bridge has been released on dvd, which will not arrive from the UK until July. Never watched a series that dragged out so long - 4 series over 7 years. Almost gave up on it, but glad I didn’t since it’s an excellent Danish show.

The truth is in here
Too many people seem to forget the "and why" part.

Because I'm a fan of Ron Howard and absolutely adore Cindy Williams. So when I heard they play a couple in the movie, I stopped hesitating and bought it. It also looked like a really fun movie outside of that as well.

In English called Renegades. I bought this because Kiefer Sutherland is one of my favorite actors, and I really liked Lou Diamond Phillips in Young Guns. I thought it was cool they did another movie together.