Black and white movie from the 30s or 40s

Tools    

Hello,

I remember to watch an old Black & White movie in my youth and I am trying to find it, but even google is failing me.

The catch phrase in the movie, spoken among the family member was something like: "Direct question, honest answer", when they are trying to say to the other person that they should speak the truth when asked.

I appreciate if someone knows the movie title and send me some clues for me to find it.

I believe it is from the 30īs or 40īs.

Other information: it is a romantic movie, about family, with kids.

Moved to Movie Questions. In the future, please take a moment to place new threads in the correct forum.

Also, please reply with a more descriptive thread title, so I can edit it accordingly.

Thank you very much. I am new here. Apologies.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
It sounds like something from every Capra or Leo McCarey movie, but I don't specifically remember it.

Just a guess..

It's a Wonderful Life ?

I recently watched that one and it is not the one .

It sounds like something from every Capra or Leo McCarey movie, but I don't specifically remember it.

I tried IMDB and look every single movie from both, Capra and Leo, but no luck so far. tks

Hello,

I remember to watch an old Black & White movie in my youth and I am trying to find it, but even google is failing me.

The catch phrase in the movie, spoken among the family member was something like: "Direct question, honest answer", when they are trying to say to the other person that they should speak the truth when asked.

I appreciate if someone knows the movie title and send me some clues for me to find it.

I believe it is from the 30īs or 40īs.

Other information: it is a romantic movie, about family, with kids.
Was it a comedy? Most 30s-40s movies with family and kids were comedies.

Maybe it was one of the Andy Hardy films with Mickey Rooney who has a judge as a father?

Does this look familiar?

Was it a comedy? Most 30s-40s movies with family and kids were comedies.

Maybe it was one of the Andy Hardy films with Mickey Rooney who has a judge as a father?

Does this look familiar?
He asked this question on another forum and someone had the exact same answer - http://forums.tcm.com/topic/162730-t...-an-old-movie/

Kind'a sounds like some dialogue which might have been said between Mickey Rooney as Andy Hardy and Lewis Stone as his father Judge Hardy in those series of mid-'30s thru mid-'40s family films, Americo.

(...sorry, but that's all I have for ya here)

Just a guess..

It's a Wonderful Life ?
unfortunatelly, not