American Hustle

Tools    

American Hustle will probably be better than Wolf of Wall Street, but that's just my hunch.
Why would you say that? They are BOTH getting amazing reviews.

The thing that most intrigues me about the Wolf of Wall Street is that they've listed it as a black comedy, which is one of my favourite genres in movies.

I wonder how dark this movie really is, because none of the trailers and previews lead me to believe this. Either it's not the same kind of dark that I'm picturing, or Scorsese is saving the best for when you actually watch it.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Watched an episode of Conan tonight and he interviewed Jennifer Lawrence. He played a scene where she's cleaning and singing in front of her son, and even in that small scene, her acting was very impressive. She is definitely getting nominated for many awards and probably win another Oscar

Saw it today. I'd give it a

See it for the wonderful performances and array of characters. Plot was a bit too convoluted for me.

I caught it I believe on Xmas night. J-Law certainly didn't disappoint. Bale was pretty damn good in it as was everyone, Russell seems to have a knack for writing great characters then pulling great performances out of the actors.

The movie itself was enjoyable, however I found myself getting lost during some scenes. I think a repeat viewing is necessary for me to really know if it will be memorable for me. I'd give it 3.5 out of 5 as of now. Could change when I watch it again. Acting is phenomenal thou.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

DeNiro is in it. Briefly, so I'm wondering if it was 'un-credited'. Still the scene he's in had me holding my breath to see what would happen moment to moment.

The cast looks good, but this is the first time I heard about this movie, and it looks like a raunchier, more sex driven oceans film. To me, that's about where this kind of film should stop. Can actually say that it is a good movie, because from that trailer alone, to me it doesn't look like it.

A system of cells interlinked
The cast looks good, but this is the first time I heard about this movie, and it looks like a raunchier, more sex driven oceans film. To me, that's about where this kind of film should stop. Can actually say that it is a good movie, because from that trailer alone, to me it doesn't look like it.
I am thinking you can't say whether or not it is a good movie or not if you haven't, you know, actually watched the movie yet. Yeah, why bother seeing the film? Just trash it and move on - it's less work!

Why compare Soderbergh to O'Russell, anyway? Two very different directors, to be sure. I see each director's flicks for different reasons, and to experience different things. Why compare?

The Scorsese comparison is more apt, as Russel borrows quite a bit from the stylistic master, himself.