Cats - Hit Show Goes to the Big Screen

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Shooting set to begin at the end of the year with Tom Hooper directing the film with a script by Lee Hall based on the hit show by Andrew Lloyd Webber; itself based on a collection of stories by T.S. Eliot.

Who are playing the Cats?

Jennifer Hudson as Grizabella
Sir Ian McKellen as Gus the Theater Cat
Mette Towley as Jemima
Idris Elba as Macavity (the villain)
Taylor Swift
James Corden
Laurie Davidson

The film is coming out on December 20, 2019.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
And here I was all excited at the idea that our own CatChat was moving up in format!

Gosh! Headlines.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Just remember kids Tom Hooper has an Oscar for The King's Speech(2010)....that Oscar could have gone to..

Christopher Nolan (Inception)
David O Russell (The Fighter)
David Fincher (The Social Network)
Darren Aronofsky (Black Swan)

This movie has been getting a lot of flak, and is a disaster at the box office. It will certainly be getting tons of awards...Razzie awards that is.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

The trick is not minding
Just remember kids Tom Hooper has an Oscar for The King's Speech(2010)....that Oscar could have gone to..

Christopher Nolan (Inception)
David O Russell (The Fighter)
David Fincher (The Social Network)
Darren Aronofsky (Black Swan)
I enjoyed The King’s Speech, however, The Social Network and Black Swan were amazing, and more deserving, films.
Inception has gotten better with each repeated viewing.
I did not like The Fighter much.

I enjoyed The King’s Speech, however, The Social Network and Black Swan were amazing, and more deserving, films.
David Fincher should have won that one.

The trick is not minding
David Fincher should have won that one.
Seriously, but he’s been snubbed his whole life by the academy it’s ridiculous. Time will show The Social Network to be the much stronger film

Yup! I hear that the film version of "Cats" bombed, rather badly. That's another film that I've put on my "don't go to see" list.