X-Men: Days of Future Past

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
BTW, the trailer kind of feels like this will be the X-Men movie to end all X-Men movies.

I'm guessing the First Class storyline will continue after this (since they have some good, younger actors there already) but maybe this will be the last one for the actors/actresses from the original trilogy? How many more X-Men movies do you think Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Mckellan, and Halle Berry have in them? This might be the perfect time to close this era, and bring on a fresh X-Men series.
Yeah it will just be nice to have a sort of closure with the old X Men actors. It has been a superb series that really started the recent comic book movie obsession. X1 and 2 were really excellent and 3 wasn't as bad as people make out. First Class really brought new life back into the franchise and it looks like this movie will do a Star Trek and set a new timeline for the characters.

From what I read in Empire today DOFP will be about 25-30 % old X Men and 70 ish% First Class sequel.

Really can't wait for May.

This is by far, the best looking trailer for this series I've seen yet. I think they may have finally really made an X-Men movie.

How do you guys feel about Wolverine returning to his bone claws?
In the trailer Wolverine says "so I wake up in my younger body, then what?".

He probably has bone claws in the future part, but obviously when he is sent back in time he gets his younger body back complete with awesome adamantium claws.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I'm really, really looking forward to this one. I think it's got the potential to be truly epic and one of the great superhero flicks to be released so far. However my anticipation is also tinged with a little bit of trepidation as there's a chance it could also be a real clusterf*ck.

The X-Men films already feature a whole bunch of characters and this time out there's going to be two versions of each. It basically sounds like X-Men 4 and First Class 2 smashed together in one movie and by trying to squeeze so much into a single film it could be a real mess, similar to what happened with The Last Stand.

But fingers crossed they get it right

I'm going to assume that they've learnt from their mistakes from that movie. If Gandalf's ratio is correct, it will mostly be a First Class sequel that provides closure to the original trilogy, which is actually in the future...confusing.

But either way, I'm happy to see another X-Men movie (and Ellen Page, of course ), I think they're definitely one of Marvel's best franchises, just because they have so many interesting characters at their disposal.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

I'm really, really looking forward to this one. I think it's got the potential to be truly epic and one of the great superhero flicks to be released so far. However my anticipation is also tinged with a little bit of trepidation as there's a chance it could also be a real clusterf*ck.

The X-Men films already feature a whole bunch of characters and this time out there's going to be two versions of each. It basically sounds like X-Men 4 and First Class 2 smashed together in one movie and by trying to squeeze so much into a single film it could be a real mess, similar to what happened with The Last Stand.

But fingers crossed they get it right
As Mmmm Donuts said I read that the film will be 25-30% old Xmen then they send Wolverine back in time and it will be purely X Men First Class from then on. So probabably 30-40 minutes X Men 4 followed by 90-100+ minutes of X Men First Class sequel. Could be a long one due to them fitting everything in but I'd love that, probably be 2.5 hours+ I would guess.

However I also read that throughout the film, the action will be switching between the past and the future at some points, but I'm sure that older/younger versions never actually meet on screen creating the cluster**** you fear. I reckon when Young Proff X is talking to Old Proff X in the trailer that's simply a message sent back with Wolverine.

Yes I have probably watched the trailer like 20 times already.

A system of cells interlinked
This is by far, the best looking trailer for this series I've seen yet. I think they may have finally really made an X-Men movie.
Not sure what you mean here. X2 is most certainly a fantastic X-men film, and First Class is one of the best comic films, period.

Must be doin sumthin right
I would agree that this one feels more like an X-Men comic arc than any of the other ones. I'm more looking forward to it because I liked Singer's movies though

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
i too am waitin fr the film, especially for wolverine (hugh jackman)

I've got high hopes for this movie, Singer back where he belongs, McAvoy on Stewart action and some Fassbender on McKellen goodness on top of all that. I love how the marketing is pushing the alternate history aspect by tying in the Kennedy assassination, it seems like it'll be good fun.

Apparently they're already making plans for the sequel to this, known as X-Men: Age of Apocalypse. This news might have come a bit early, but it's actually pretty interesting, since Apocalypse is one the better enemies of the X-Men (if not their most dangerous). It's all talk right now, though...

Bryan Singer tweeted it didn't he so perhaps it's not all talk.

trailer is not realy good of days of future and past... But still waiting

Bryan Singer tweeted it didn't he so perhaps it's not all talk.
Good point. I would certainly call this a good decision in terms of the main enemy, but I wonder what the cast will be? Will be it old or new, or both?

Also, did you hear that Jackman might not want to do any more Wolverine movies? I guess that doesn't refer to the X-Men flicks, though.

The movie I am most excited to see next year