Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I thought this was a documentary about rugby until I read your post..

four lions?... lions.. rugby.. four nations, idk anyway

I liked the underlying seriousness in it which didn't feel unbalanced with the comedy which I feel can happen at times, I did question if it's a good thing to make light on this topic and it's messages but in won me over by the end and a few times I laughed so hard it hurt my ribs.
I have seen it so many times I can just about recite the entire script. Hilarious parody of something so terrible. Chris Morris did a great job but it caused quite the stir in UK when it was released I believe. The actors in this were great, especially the most jihadi of them all - Barry.

Omar: Did you fix this then, Barry?
Barry: Yes, I fixed it!
Omar: Did ya?
Barry: It's the parts... they're Jewish.
Omar: What parts in a car are Jewish?
[pause]
Omar: Hmm?
Fessal: Spark plugs.
Barry: Spark plugs! Jews invented spark plugs to control global traffic.
And brother Crow LMAO.

movies can be okay...
Seinen are adult oriented and definelly not for children and not 'teens'. Just like Berserk, Hellsing and Basilisk. Guess what Death Note is? Yes, a seinen.
Just wondering if you have seen Basilisk's live action movie Shinobi, and if so what do you think of it ?
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

movies can be okay...
Didn't like this as much as you did and frankly, I think Portman has done better work.
Disagree. But what would you say are her better performances ?

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The L-Shaped Room - 7/10

The lead was very unlikable, unlike Cicely Courtneidge - whose every scene (beginning to end) was great - would have been nice to see more of her perspective.

“I was cured, all right!”
Just wondering if you have seen Basilisk's live action movie Shinobi, and if so what do you think of it ?
Yes, I think it was just fine.

WARNING: "Shinobi + Basilisk" spoilers below
I didn't like them not focusing on the intolerance between the two clans that would eventually destroy them altogether.

You really liked this film don't you?
Most fun I've had since I mangled my back a few months ago. I skipped out of there singing. Still singing. Samuel for president!!!

Speaking of Sam Jackson, I finally watched Skull Island today. Much better than I thought it would be.

Excellent strange movie. Jake Gyllenhaal has made some great movies in the last few years.

Atrocious!

Quite interesting & a sad story that mother & daughter died within a day of each other. Carrie Fisher so hyper & manic with a horribly piercing voice.

“I was cured, all right!”
Most fun I've had since I mangled my back a few months ago. I skipped out of there singing. Still singing. Samuel for president!!!

haha I'll check it out!

Seeing as we're still talking about Samuel L. Jackson...

Black Snake Moan (2006)

Review

I watched this last night but it was like 1 am and I was to tired to write up my thoughts until now

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

haha I'll check it out!
let me know what you think whether you love it or hate it. My bro worked on it and had a lot of fun. Every day when Samuel walked on set he would say 'you're looking beautiful today, Sam'. LOL. And I'll see if I can find the photo of bro strangling Gary Oldman.

Meh. Didn't have the patience to go more than 30 minutes with this.

Wondered why I hadn't seen this 1992 Meryl Streep movie. Now I know why - stupid movie, at least the little I saw.