Alternative Movie Posters

Tools    

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I'm just wondering if there are any other fans of alternative movie posters on here. I'm absolutely loving them just now, some are really incredible. I was introduced to it by Olly Moss' regular feature in Empire which set me off investigating.

There are a couple of well known artists, like Olly Moss obviously, but there's also a bunch of other people out there making them. Every month or so I'll have a look round and see what's new

Anyway here are just a few of my favourites

Will post some more of my favourites later own along with some good websites for them. Any other fans please post your favourites as well

Semper Fooey
There is already a thread on this somewhere and a similar one on Polish posters.

there's a frog in my snake oil
I don't think we've got exactly this subject, but we've got one looking at 'alternative universe' mashed-styles...

Alternate Universe Movie Posters

And a one where we had a stab at making our own for a bit...

Alternate Universe Poster Game

And yeah the Polish ones

Polish Movies Posters

Semper Fooey
I don't think we've got exactly this subject, but we've got one looking at 'alternative universe' mashed-styles...

Alternate Universe Movie Posters

And a one where we had a stab at making our own for a bit...

Alternate Universe Poster Game

And yeah the Polish ones

Polish Movies Posters
There is another thread, but I don't know what the title is. I know because I posted a Polish poster on it.

I did search before posting just to check, and while I did find those threads, I thought this was ok to be put seperately.

The alternative universe thread was a daft little game and the Polish posters thread was for something very specific, official posters in one country. Whereas this is for fan art really

there's a frog in my snake oil
Cool, never seen that one

I'm sure one of our Arch-Archivers can amalgamate the threads. (The lord knows they may destroy reality in the attempt )

Well that's strange. No idea how I missed that when searching.

And there was me thinking I had started something original.

Well until it is merged (assuming it is) will just post a few more I think are really good

there were better ones but they either spoiled the ending or i couldn't get the picture

(this is apocalypse now -in case you couldn't tell)

For the love of God merge this with the others and create a super thread.

By the way, I really don't get all the unofficial or, for that matter, official use of maze imagery with Inception other than the Escherian association. The only instance where there actually was a maze (final level) they decided to circumvent it through air ducts -- just another great missed opportunity and letdown of that film.

Thanks for joining in Paris. Really like the Inception one. And the Black Swan poster is really quite freaky.

Careful, man. There's a beverage here!
Awesome thread. Here's a few of my faves:

A few more, starting with a wonderfully surreal Taxi Driver poster

Some moody Donnie Darko posters. Even though the first one is very abstract it captures a nice mood of the film

A couple similar to those posted by EpicEffect

And to finish off a clever Rear Window poster