Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I actually thought he was very good here Haven't seen him in anything else though.
I've seen 13 of his movies. The Egyptian was probably the worst of what I've seen in terms of his performances. I have trouble keeping his westerns straight but there was one that was really terrible as well. I want to say it was The Last Frontier. Androcles and the Lion was just awful all around. He was also terribly hammy in The Robe, Demetrius and the Gladiators, and Samson and Delilah - though I love them.

I'm also pretty surprised he was considered a hunk, don't think he's ugly by any means just not what i usually think of when i think hunk... which is often.
Yeah I don't get it either. I don't find him attractive at all, but other people did I guess.

Get Out - 9/10

This is the best addition to the comedy-horror genre since Shaun of the Dead, mixing well the comedy element and the horror element to a point that it never takes you out of the movie. I was genuinely creeped out in one scene being worried about what will happen next, to laughing my ass off the next. I know this genre is very niche by nature, but it’s by far one of my favorite movie genre out there.

I don't feel at home in this world anymore 7/10

The third act of this movie comes out of nowhere with the lead being the perfect vehicle for the audience as she is also (for the most part) just along for the ride as we are. This movie took me completely off guard, as I went into it completely blind, and I don’t regret it. I will not ruin this movie for anyone. So,*please see it without watching too many trailers or reading too much on what this movie is about.

This movie is flat out fun.

Moonlight (2016) - 10/10

What is a "La La Land"?

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

It was decent but not as good as the second film for me, still love The Purge: Anarchy. But urgh, I would have shot those absolute ****s in the fairy lights car first time around! I was shouting at the screen just bloody shoot them - and seriously, in a real life Purge you would have, don't lie.

Aliens

In honor of Bill Paxton I had to watch this movie again. Not much I can say about it that had not already been said before. It is so awesome to see Ripley holding the pulse rifle for the first time. Also what ever happened to Michael Biehn most of his early movies he is a cool dude. They only thing I can remember he was in last was The Art of War. Anyway great movie and Bill Paxton has some great lines in this "Game over man, game over!".

4/5 Stars

Arrival. 3/4 stars

Finished here. It's been fun.
Bambi*

My favorite animated film.

There's a beauty and grace to hand-drawn animation which simply cannot be captured with 3D computer graphics. Bambi, at its heart, is about the moments when a young man (in this case, a deer) transitions into adulthood. There's a sincerity here which deeply resonates with me.

Angel's Egg

I'm not sure what an Andrei Tarkovsky-directed animated film would look like, but I'd imagine it'd be something like this.

In truth, I'm somewhat surprised that this didn't become an instant favorite of mine. It's filled with a profusion of symbols, and the atmosphere is tangible, dripping with mood and immense attention to the smallest of details.

A rewatch might be in order.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Unforgiven

It's far from bad, but the immense acclaim this receives continues to elude me. At a certain point in time, this used to be one of my favorite westerns. However, the more I've learned about the genre - through the discovery of Ford, Tourneur, Mann - I've come to the conclusion that Eastwood's 'deconstruction' is blunt, obvious and lacking in grace. The images of the western masters are graceful, imbued with meaning and subtlety within each and every frame. Eastwood's film is merely good, not great.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
hey, lucas, have you ever seen Costner's Open Range? And if you had, what did you think of it? Especially having seen Ford and the others?

Hacksaw Ridge

4 out of 5 popcorn buckets

A well-acted, well-directed war film that suffers from an underwritten, slightly overwrought script, and a somewhat disjointed film structure. Andrew Garfield is fantastic in the lead performance as Desmond Doss, but lacks a gritty edge he used perfectly in Scorsese's Silence. The rest of the cast is excellent (if Vince Vaughn's scenery-chewing is tolerable to you), and the film's second half is gritty, raw, refreshingly violent and genuinely shocking. But, I felt the first half looked a bit too much like a Hallmark movie, and that the dialogue wasn't as strong as it could have been in the more emotional moments. But, the action is tense, the romance is believable, the chemistry between the actors is great, and I felt the story was certainly one worth telling. But, Gibson indulges in a bit too much slow-motion, a bit too much schmaltz, and a bit too much of the really obvious "He's Jesus" parallels that's been done to death by the Wachowskis. But, overall, it was a really, really good war film. Highly recommended.

Let the night air cool you off
Scream (1996; Wes Craven)

I've seen this movie probably three to four times now, but this is the time where I now truly appreciate its greatness. I already enjoyed it a lot for being a fun, referential film, but it's more than that. I notice that now. I was actually surprised this to see some pretty disorienting angles and shots that make a lot of sense, I didn't remember that. I know that a bunch of folks don't like the references and all of the minor red herrings, but they totally work for me. I already know who the killer is, but it was still fun watching all of the teases. I think Seth Green and Shaggy's characters are purposely over the top, which is in itself a reference to the over the top teenage characters of horror films. I know that's a complaint I've seen, but I think it's totally justified and aids the film. I think the film would get an extra half-star if it stuck with the statement on the media, but it abandons that in favor of the final big set piece.