It's a Trans, Trans, Trans, Trans World

Tools    

What I find insane about that video is the point where the "girl" says to her mother..... "Sometimes I feel like a boy....."

And the mom freaks out. "Are you a boy then?!?! It's okay if you want to be a boy......"

The kid is confused. Unsure. Finally the kid gives in and decides to be a girl.

Cut to the doctor's office, where the kid is being injected with blockers so he can't go through puberty and become a man.

Yeah, that's really sane. The kid tells the mom he feels like a boy. Next thing you know, he's getting injected with something that's gonna keep him from growing up and becoming a man. Really sane right there. Really normal......
I think that is an example of far left parents who accept anything being just as dangerous as far right parents who would never accept you being gay, with someone from another race, etc.

Both sides are awful that's why unless you are making fun of all politicians like Vermin Supreme then you aren't a viable candidate in my eyes

Right on par with those "faith healers" that wont give themselves or their kids medicine because of their beliefs.
Couldn't agree more. Think i'd still be in prison now if i was about during the 80s because i would've kicked so many people in the head during the satanic panic haha.

Just a slight follow up - I did a little looking and it's common for these sicko's to first inject kids with hormone blockers (to stop puberty & natural development) and then later to start injecting them with experimental hormone concoctions to try to artificially alter their gender.

The legitimate medical community says the long term health effects of these unethical experiments is completely unknown (but some of the projected hypotheses of what might result are absolutely horrifying considering parents are doing this TO their children for no legitimate reason. There can be no legitimate reason to try to stop a child's normal healthy growth & development.)

Medical experiments on children is a form of child abuse far worse than physical discipline. This is pure NAZI stuff! This kind of thing should be outlawed and these "parents" should have their children taken from them and placed into child protective services.

Hey, this became a thing.

Just a slight follow up - I did a little looking and it's common for these sicko's to first inject kids with hormone blockers (to stop puberty & natural development) and then later to start injecting them with experimental hormone concoctions to try to artificially alter their gender.

The legitimate medical community says the long term health effects of these unethical experiments is completely unknown (but some of the projected hypotheses of what might result are absolutely horrifying considering parents are doing this TO their children for no legitimate reason. There can be no legitimate reason to try to stop a child's normal healthy growth & development.)

Medical experiments on children is a form of child abuse far worse than physical discipline. This is pure NAZI stuff! This kind of thing should be outlawed and these "parents" should have their children taken from them and placed into child protective services.
If everything you said here is accurate then i completely agree with the bolded part.

1) About the bathrooms, whatever. If you are looking at other people in the bathroom closely enough to tell if they're trans or not, you don't understand how to use a bathroom.
2) About the kids, disgusting. I have no problem with trans adults, but let them be old enough to make their own decisions about it. I said a bunch of dumb things when I was 9, and I know I'm not the only one. Kids have no idea who they are or what they want out of life at that age.

I don't understand gender dysmorphia. I've never questioned my gender identity. I am anatomically female. I identify as female. But just because I don't understand something doesn't mean it isn't real and doesn't mean that those who experience it shouldn't be allowed reasonable accommodations - like using the restroom assigned to the gender with which they identify.

That said, I absolutely do not believe that a child should receive any kind of drug, hormone therapy, or surgery to transition them from one sex to another. If they want to live and dress as a gender that doesn't match their anatomy, I think they should be allowed to do so. And then, when they're adults and can fully understand what the physical transition entails, they can make that decision for themselves.

There are plenty of examples of adults being happy with their transitions so that is enough for me as long as it is an adult who is making the decision for themselves, with all of the information on what this entails. Then it is their choice, if the statistics that are constantly posted about post op suicides are real and not fudged for propaganda purposes then i feel awful that is the case and i'd advise anyone i know too be as sure as possible this is what they want. In the end though, i don't disagree or understand transitioning so it isn't something i'm against or for actually.

Indeed.
A pretty interesting thing at that when it's discussed intelligently & maturely (and very little talk of G_d damning people to hell.)
Unfortunately there's 3 pages already and I have to run errands in a little bit... Hmmm... let's see what I can get into before then...

Originally Posted by TONGO
Make trans bathrooms.
That's incredibly impractical.

Originally Posted by Cobpyth
There are plenty of bars here in Belgium which only have one bathroom (for all genders). I don't get why this topic is even issue.
I agree with this.

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
I saw a video of a furious man standing outside the girls' bathroom saying how the sign on the door used to represent sanity and decency, and now it represents discrimination because it says "GIRLS" and not "girls and boys." He said he was sick of this "LGBT sh*t."

So there you have it. Because of LGBT, gays are now lumped into this whole transgender issue thing.
That's an odd example. What, did they add a second bathroom for boys only?

I honestly think gays shouldn't have to be. I'm not saying we all have to be against transgender people, but because of the term "LGBT", we're lumped into this mess going on right now. We're taking the blame for it, too. Even though I personally -- and I'm not alone here -- think their issues and our issues are different.
I agree with this, though there are extremely few people who agree with this.

Originally Posted by Captain Steel
One is that male pedophiles will start dressing as females or claiming a gender-identity issue to infiltrate "ladies" restrooms to molest little girls (thus, some are saying they don't want their daughters alone in a bathroom with these creeps.)
So... does that mean with things as already they are, men's rooms are occupied by male pedophiles who prefer younger males laying in wait for little boys (and thus parents shouldn't want their sons alone in a bathroom with these creeps?)
Yeah, that's a pretty old argument and it really doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

Originally Posted by foster
I'm lumped into this whole bathroom issue and I'm not even trans, I'm a drag queen.
It's not LGBTD. I don't identify as a woman and I don't belong in the women's bathroom.
Some people have tried to convince me that the T in LGBT doubles as both "Transgender" and "Transvestite". I'm like, "No, that's... no."

This is just a theory, and I have nothing to back it up, but it's always seemed that homosexuality itself may be a type of gender diffusion or identity confusion, at least on some level.
IIIIIII don't think so.

Now, don't get me wrong, homosexuals do not want their genitals removed or to be sex-changed.
That's not necessarily the case for transgenders either to be fair.

I think the thing you're speaking of is when gay men consider themselves "tops" (dominant) or "bottoms" (submissive).
It's a lesbian women thing too.

And I, too, think that stuff is largely BS. Though, I do believe many people are comfortable with defining themselves as "top" or "bottom" or "versatile" (where you switch roles at times).
What stuff specifically?

I'm talking more about the roles that tend to develop in long term homosexual relationships & family units. They usually (again not always, but usually) end up mimicking heterosexuality or the "traditional" gender roles of hetero marriage on some level.

Is that trend purely a result of cultural conditioning or is there some natural "pull" for couples (no matter their genders) to fulfill the "mother & father" roles?
I assume it's societal pressure. Otherwise it's simply coincidence. One of them gets a job, the other has a kid at home? Guess who ends up doing the housecleaning?

The other argument I hear is about "comfort." Women would be uncomfortable with a man posing as a woman JUST to go into a ladies room to ogle them (and I suppose the reverse would be true).
What about MY COMFORT!? This whole segregation of the sexes thing offends my common sense!

A personal story - many years ago when I worked in a restaurant I was in the men's room at the urinal. A guy came up to the urinal next to me. I zipped up and turned around only to see a 12 or 13 year-old girl standing right behind me, leaning up against the wall, looking extremely uncomfortable, in the spot a guy might stand if he was waiting for a urinal (it was a small bathroom). She was the other guy's daughter.

Turned out he was there with her for dinner and didn't want to leave her alone while he went to the bathroom. (I later said he could've taken her to the hostess' station or asked one of the waitresses to sit with her while he went.)

Now, my mom used to take me into the ladies room with her, but that was when I was a little tyke, which was common then... mothers with boy toddlers often took them into the Ladies' room. This guy's daughter was practically a teenager - and this was a MEN'S room - it was quite the uncomfortable shock to find her standing there behind me when I was peeing!
It's understandably not an issue at ages too young for them to understand, BUT I'm of the opinion that if this persisted to older ages, kids wouldn't be so cooties around each other.

No woman that dresses like a guy wants to use the Mens bathroom.
Umm...

Hell, Im a guy and I know the Mens bathrooms more disgusting than the womens. This "push" has to be trangender men that dont want to use the Mens room anymore, and be looked at oddly, etc... So I say if the women have no problem with it, then thats that.
It's really not that simple.

Originally Posted by The Gunslinger45
Use whatever bathroom you want, just clean up after yourself and don't piss on the damn seat.
Gunslinger for president!

But would you guys (men) be okay sharing a bathroom with women?

I don't think I would.
Why?

Originally Posted by CiCi
I agree that trans issues aren't identical to gay specific issues either. I think they're struggling more than we are, so they need our support and therefore are more comfortable lumping together with the LGBT label.
I think they struggle more because this is a fabricated issue. I simply don't buy into this "born in the wrong body" stuff.

I don't really care if they're struggling, frankly. My thing is -- prove to me it's real. Prove to me they're actually people born in the wrong body. I'm not convinced. I'm not convinced they all have brains of the opposite sex their body is. If this isn't real -- if the science isn't legit and it can't be proved 100% that they're "born this way" -- ignore their demands that people everywhere need to accommodate them.
While you certainly do beg the question "how is that different from being gay?", it is worth pointing out that issue of "accommodation" is different.

Children should not be put on "blockers" to stop themselves from going through puberty and all that,
MAN, the first time I saw one of those videos? Egh... just skeeved me the hell out. Like I was reading The Giver and the kids were taking their emotional suppressants. THAT'S MESSED UP!

I don't either, I personally consider it an offensive term, I'd probably be quite hurt if someone identified me as queer.
Really? Don't we have the F-word for that? "Queer" can be intended pejoratively just as much as "gay" can, and "gay" frequently is.

I agree in cases of androgyny, where they're born with essentially both parts but ending up being raised in one gender when they eventually grow up into developing the opposite characteristics, although that's not really the same thing as you describe.
Hermaphrodism is extremely rare and practically irrelevant.

I think it's mainly people wanting to find a way to be accepted and feel better about themselves, and I think there are safer routes in dealing with such problems than putting yourself through horrendous procedures that may or many not eventuate into the desired results. I think a lot of them just need better advice.
Agreed.

I just wish it wasn't always touted as a real disorder. They've done studies on transgender people trying to prove it's real -- I don't think anything has really 100% proven it is.
And here's where transgenders get upset at me: You know what IS a disorder? Body dysmorphia.

I think there's a lot of transgender people who transition and have great lives. I think there's some who transition and regret it.
From what I can tell the "great lives" part is heavily publicized to overshadow the fact that most do not.

That's right -- I'm skeptical even of what these doctors and psychiatrists believe.
Here's a mind bomb for ya:

Surgeons are being pressured by civil rights groups into performing extensive surgeries that require regular maintenance. These surgeries happen to be VERY EXPENSIVE.

That's a conflict of interest.

"I was born a man, but I feel like a woman...."

What does that even mean? What IS a woman?

So many of these male-to-female transgender people -- to me, they look like they transition into the stereotypical, "ideal" image of a woman. Super femme and all that. They've gotta be BEAUTIFUL and gorgeous and have a perfect body and look like a model. Not ALL do this, but a lot seem to do.

I've talked to a transgender, male-to-female person before. Actually, several. But this one said it was all about how she preferred female physical characteristics on her body over male characteristics and that basically was ALL. Another one also basically said the same thing. "She" could not stand the thought of having body hair all over her like a man.

How does that make you transgender? Just because you're grossed out by things your body is gonna do? THAT makes you a woman if you're born a man?

It's ridiculous. My experiences -- my personal one-to-one experiences with transgender people -- haven't convinced me this is all serious business here.

I just feel like telling them all -- deal with it. Deal with your body issues.
Totally agree. Also, from what I can tell, some transgenders, when pressed, admit that they (for example) "feel like women" because they've always been more comfortable gardening, sowing, wearing pink, having long hair...

That's just sexism. It's sexist. It's stereotyping. Men can wear pink and women can be lumberjacks, THIS IS THE HURDLE WE NEED TO GET OVER FIRST, we gotta not make this thing a thing anymore.

It seemed innocuous at first, just about helping kids figure out their gender identity, but then I became horrified when I learned that the group running the program was coercing the children's parents into having them injected with various hormone concoctions to try to alter their biological sexual development before it even began!
What was this?

What I find insane about that video is the point where the "girl" says to her mother..... "Sometimes I feel like a boy....."

And the mom freaks out. "Are you a boy then?!?! It's okay if you want to be a boy......"

The kid is confused. Unsure. Finally the kid gives in and decides to be a girl.

Cut to the doctor's office, where the kid is being injected with blockers so he can't go through puberty and become a man.

Yeah, that's really sane. The kid tells the mom he feels like a boy. Next thing you know, he's getting injected with something that's gonna keep him from growing up and becoming a man. Really sane right there. Really normal......
Here's another video:

It's a surprise present. A happy little moment. It's so uplifting to see him get something he's been wanting for such a long time UNTIL YOU START TO THINK ABOUT IT.

It's got over 6 million views and 10,000 more likes than dislikes.

Some stuff shouldnt even have to be agreed on. Thats political correctness taken to a destructive degree. Right on par with those "faith healers" that wont give themselves or their kids medicine because of their beliefs. Make TONGO pissed.
*laughs* Love it.

Originally Posted by Camo
I think that is an example of far left parents who accept anything being just as dangerous as far right parents who would never accept you being gay, with someone from another race, etc.

Both sides are awful that's why unless you are making fun of all politicians like Vermin Supreme then you aren't a viable candidate in my eyes
Hoho.

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky
I don't understand gender dysmorphia. I've never questioned my gender identity. I am anatomically female. I identify as female. But just because I don't understand something doesn't mean it isn't real and doesn't mean that those who experience it shouldn't be allowed reasonable accommodations - like using the restroom assigned to the gender with which they identify.

That said, I absolutely do not believe that a child should receive any kind of drug, hormone therapy, or surgery to transition them from one sex to another. If they want to live and dress as a gender that doesn't match their anatomy, I think they should be allowed to do so. And then, when they're adults and can fully understand what the physical transition entails, they can make that decision for themselves.
If we can make reasonable judgments about kids, we can make reasonable judgments about adults.

Originally Posted by Camo
Then it is their choice, if the statistics that are constantly posted about post op suicides are real and not fudged for propaganda purposes then i feel awful that is the case
Here's another mind bomb and this is where I started calling BS on the whole thing:

According to statistics, transgenders attempt suicide over twice as often as rape victims.

Doesn't that just tell you something? Transgenders are all in the news about how they get bullied and mistreated and yet here you have a demographic of people that have TOTAL CONTROL over whether or not they present themselves as targets...

...and yet they attempt suicide over twice as often as people who are, by definition, victims of violence by virtue of being there!?

And then we have people seriously arguing that "No, High Suicide Rates Do Not Demonstrate That Transgender People Are Mentally Ill". And yet suicide as a solution to social rejection ISN'T evidence of a social problem, IT IS evidence of an abnormal suicidal tendency.

I'VE been bullied! I've been beat up! I've been ostracized! And I've still always known that suicide won't solve my problems, so how am I supposed to be baited into okaying this kind of thing with pity stories about how OH NO, I have a boyfriend, the support of my family, a massive Youtube community at my back, and I'm literally a day away from the surgery I've always wanted, and YET...

That was way too long. I only read the part at the end when you quoted my comment.

Not going to watch a 7 minute video and read the rest of that to get what you are saying exactly, think you should have chopped that up a bit.

Hmmmm. I'm starting to think Omnizoa might be a woman now.

I'll respond to your responses in a moment.
Omnizoa reminds me of my aunt.

If we can make reasonable judgments about kids, we can make reasonable judgments about adults.
What are you even talking about?

Adults have the faculties to make decisions of this magnitude for themselves. Children do not have those faculties and should not be allowed to make such life altering decisions. Nor should an adult decide for the child that if that child feels this way, something drastic should be done about it.

Waiting until adulthood won't guarantee that the person won't regret their decision later, but at least they'll have had the time to really weigh the decision and understand how it will affect them.

Got a feeling MV just made a response i completely agree with but i have no way to tell because it would take up too much of my life to go through that Omni post.

I wouldn't be against them being outlawed if it was found that transgender is not a real thing, but something else (delusion/mental illness).
You do know that homosexuality was once classified as a mental illness, right? Are you mentally ill? What's the difference here?

And this is why I was saying -- transgenders shouldn't be lumped with gays.

We are NOT asking to be amputated and such.

You can call us crazy for liking the same sex. I really don't even care. I'm not convinced being gay is something you're born as, in fact. I've always been open to the possibility that it's environmental/psychological. I personally DON'T NEED people to say, "You were born that way" to accept me. I honestly think so much of that propaganda is just to try to force religious people to accept us. "We were born gay, you can't hate us."

I come right out and just say, "I'm gay, I can't really explain why, to hell with you - it's what I like." I mean that is fine with me. I don't need people to be okay with me under the idea that I'm born this way. I don't care if religious people think I'm making a choice and going to Hell. It's my choice, I don't believe in what they believe in and that's that. If they think I'm mental, fine. They're mental, too.
I understand what you mean, Sexy. How is someone born gay if people don't even experience sexual attraction until they hit puberty?

Gays aren't having surgeries to cut off their penises or turn their vaginas into penises. That's a crazy thing to do to yourself.
You seem convinced that transgender isn't a real thing, that it's made up, or is a lifestyle choice, or is some kind of illness. People said the same thing about homosexuality.

The reality is that relatively few transgender people actually undergo sexual reassignment surgery. (Granted for many of them it's not for lack of wanting the surgery, but rather for the inability to afford it.) Still, more often transgenders use hormone therapy or have no medical intervention at all. Male genitalia may simply be tucked. Biological females wear chest binders. Others elect only breast augmentation - either to remove breast tissue in the case of FtoM or for implants for MtoF - but leave their genitals intact.