Movies That Are Underrated.....

Tools    

but now you have my attention
Don't tell mom the babysitter's dead
Adventures of babysitting
Toy Soldiers
Megamind

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Green Lantern,dont get me wrong this movie is not awesome,but it is not that bad as people say.I'm not Green Lantern fan boy so this is my opinion as someone who didnt read GL comics.6-10 good movie to watch one time it is not epic but it is not that bad.

Fast and the Furious 5 & 6. Aimed towards 25 and under guys, but this doesn't mean it's necessarily bad. Expensive, great, and actually thought out creative action sequences. A lot better than it's competition ie transformers series. They do a tasteful job of when to CGI and when not to which created great looking pair of movies. It's no T2, but definitely underrated. I look forward to the continuing series.

Hackers
Knowing
The Butler
The Butterfly Effect
Final Destination (the first one)

Coraline comes to mind. I don't even remember there being that much praise when it first came out, but I found it to be right on par with Corpse Bride and The Nightmare Before Christmas. It may not be quite as good as either of those, but it's pretty close. When it hits it's visual highlights it can really suck you into it.

Soul Surfer is underrated. It is an awesome story and the surfing shots are fantastic.

the fountain..

are you asking me? if yes, then i'll say a little bit of both..

Hackers
Knowing
The Butler
The Butterfly Effect
Final Destination (the first one)
You know what? So many people hate on The Butterfly Effect but I actually think it's good! It's at least the best thing that Ashton Kutcher has been associated with, in my opinion.

Anyway, for my own movie I think is underrated, I'll have to go with What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

Che 1972
Eye of God 1997
Safe 1995
The Swimmer 1968
State and Main 2000
Rare Birds 2001
Straight Time 1978
Palookaville 1995
The Fire Within 1963
Johnny Suede 1991
Highball 1997

The Butterfly Effect is definitely one of the most underrated of all time in the same way of The Mummy , Phone Booth , Buried , Superbad etc ..

I might get crucified for this, but check out PMS Cop, or at least google it.

It delves into the so bad it's good territory. It realizes how over the top it is and takes advantage of that. Most people won't even give it a look just because of how stupid it looks, but really that's its charm. I'd say it's on Sharknado to Birdemic levels of hilarious-train wrecks.

The Trotsky, About Time, The kings of summer

Not sure if these qualify but they are seldom talked about:

1. Dolls - Takeshi Kitano
2. All About Lily Chou Chou - Shunji Iwai
3. Time of the Gypsies - Emir Kurustica
4. The Killing Fields - Roland Joffe
5. Disco Pigs - Kirsten Sheridan