2021 Film Challenge

Tools    

Interesting. I've seen (and loved) the former but hadn't heard of the latter. Do you recommend it?
I can't recommend it, no. I think it fails at a fundamental level. This is what I wrote at the time. But as I note in that review, I particularly recommend this piece by Miriam Bale talking about both movies. If you don't mind reading up on a movie before watching it, I think it will give you a better idea of if you want to go through with it.

I can't recommend it, no. I think it fails at a fundamental level. This is what I wrote at the time. But as I note in that review, I particularly recommend this piece by Miriam Bale talking about both movies. If you don't mind reading up on a movie before watching it, I think it will give you a better idea of if you want to go through with it.
Funny, it appears that I upvoted your original review but I must have forgotten. (It's been a long year). I'll check out the article.

Funny, it appears that I upvoted your original review but I must have forgotten. (It's been a long year). I'll check out the article.
Yes, yes it has.

The trick is not minding
Nearing the finish line on this, and next year I’ll go with what everyone else had done and crowd source favorites, if it’s an option again that is. There were a few that I was really interested in that haven’t had the chance to see yet, mainly Short Term 12.

Jabs, how’s next years challenge looking?

The trick is not minding
Update 12/14! Almost done!
Normal mode: 1
Nightmare: 5

Main Challenge  

Nightmare Mode  

The trick is not minding
Update 12/19! Normal mode complete! Now to finish up Nightmare Mode.
Normal mode: finished!
Nightmare: 5

Main Challenge  

Nightmare Mode  

Welcome to the human race...
Well, I finally finished this. Here are my final results...

Main Challenge  

Nightmare Mode  

The trick is not minding
Just have one film left. Will get to it either tonight or tomorrow.
Either way, I wonder if Jabs intends to run this again for next year?

The trick is not minding
And done!

Main Challenge  

Nightmare Mode  

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
My final tally was pretty dismal across the board for my first-time participation.
Though I do very much wish to attempt to finish this in the coming month or so or perhaps find homes for the next movie challenge for the ones listed I did not get to.

Watchlist films
Viewed films
Passed On; 2022 films

Main Challenge  

Nightmare Mode  

Just wanted to acknowledge our host, if I haven't done so already. This was a lot of fun and it forced me to watch some stuff I'd not have considered otherwise.
Same here. Good stuff and I'm looking forward to this year's challenge. In particular I want to note that I watched Kanał and Close-Up just for this and they were a couple of my favorite films from the year.

Same here. Good stuff and I'm looking forward to this year's challenge. In particular I want to note that I watched Kanał and Close-Up just for this and they were a couple of my favorite films from the year.
Same in terms of Kanal and, yeah, it was great!

Also answers to Jabba
Thank you all for your kind words!
I am happy you appreciate the effort and that the challenge has helped you discover good films that might have otherwise flown under your radar.

Also answers to Jabba
It bugged me all through 2022 that I never finished this challenge, so I made up for it.

Main Challenge  

Nightmare Mode