"Cult of Chucky": Chucky 7

Tools    

The Bib-iest of Nickels

Read Me, Seymour!: http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/34...easer-trailer/

I've racked my brains a lot over the years about what my favorite slasher franchise is. The concept of A Nightmare on Elm Street is definitely the best in my book, but after recently revisiting them, I can think of no slasher film I like more than Child's Play 2. The film feels so vibrant and enthusiastic, light-heart and fun, and, at the same time, it plays it straight and delivers a worthwhile experience. I love Child's Play 2. Child's Play 3 was alright, Bride was alright, and Seed was awful. Even still, I was a little surprised when the last Chucky film was released direct-to-DVD. I was even more surprised when Curse of Chucky received positive reviews from critics, especially considering I thought it sucked. "Chucky finally returns to his roots as a serious slasher villian!" I kept hearing this statement, and it makes me wonder if anyone ever watched the Child's Play films, which played out more like a foul-mouthed rendition of a cartoonish cat-and-mouse between Andy and Chucky. Curse of Chucky was a completely different animal than the old Child's Play films, playing out in a very grimy and serious light.

This next film, Cult of Chucky will happen inside of an asylum, which intrigues me. I am excited, most definitely, and hope that it will bring something more worthwhile than the last two films have brought. Should be out in time for Halloween as well!

Hopefully it's as fun as Curse of Chucky.

McConnaughay our tastes in horror seem very different. I absolutely hate Child's Play 2, it's the only film in the series I dislike. And you know my fave? Seed!

I never took the Chucky films seriously after the first one (which was the best of them), they just got sillier and sillier and once they have embraced their silliness during Curse Of Chucky, I liked it.
If they're willing to make this a serious Chucky film I just hope they do it right.

I really enjoy the series, (well, the character mostly) I even have the Chucky, and Tiffany dolls in my dining room. Bride of Chucky is my favorite, these films are much better as tongue in cheek horror comedies than legitimate horror films trying to get actual scares. Curse of Chucky proved me wrong a bit though, as that would probably be my second favorite in the series. From what I can gather, this seems like kind of a combination of both approaches to the character, and a celebration, considering both Tilly as Tiffany, and Alex Vincent as Andy are both appearing once again, so for fan service alone, hell yeah, I'm pumped.