MOFOs in your REAL life

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I'm an active member of a few boards.. I'm mostly active in this one, but I still post on a basketball site, and my favorite band (Pink Floyd) which is where I'm going with this thread.

Curious if this board (or others) have created friendships in real life? This is an opportunity to tell a short story. In the Pink Floyd group, after years of posting, this guy Mike thought "Why not meet up in Toronto before and after the show?" - we'd be able to get to meet each other, finally talk in person as opposed to only talking to each other online, watch the event, and then to discuss it afterwards.

A little bittersweet - the guy who organized the entire thing died only 3-4 days before the show, though his wife came with his jersey.

The great story I wanted to mention was how this guy and girl we all knew just hit off suddenly, and have been together SINCE. Both were married with children, and lived pretty far from each other, but they knew they had to be together. We're having a meet-up next year in Chicago that I hope I can afford to make.

I met Sexy Celebrity on here. Now we're married with a baby on the way.

...Curious if this board (or others) have created friendships in real life?...
Not me...but on my old board there were two women posters who meet and eventually married two men posters from the same board.

That's a reason why I joined. Of course, I'm new here, I don't even really know anyone, for example I just learned that Captain Spaulding and Sexy Celebrity are spouses. I don't wanna impose through PM, I just hope I'll get to know someone.

I met Sexy Celebrity on here. Now we're married with a baby on the way.
I just miscarried.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
This is a sweet thought, we should all hold an annual meeting, preferably at the Mofies so people can accept their awards in person

I do use a tennis forum though and I could potentially be meeting one of the users in London fairly soon.

I've never made any IRL friends from posting on forums, but I did make one in the old AOL chatrooms when I was in high school. She's a fellow Fleetwood Mac fan and for awhile she and her mom ran Lindsey Buckingham's official website, though she and I became friends before she started doing that. She lives in St. Louis but we've met in person a few times and keep in touch via Facebook.

I also, of course, have one IRL friend here on MoFo (Funny Face) but she and I met at work almost ten years ago and she joined this forum after I begged and harassed her to do so.

Master of My Domain
If I ever got to meet MoFos in real life I would probably have to choose between strangling them or hugging them.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I've never met anyone from MoFo, but I have met up irl with people I've met elsewhere online a few times. Most of these were fleeting friendships, but one of my best friends now is someone I met online. We see each other irl more than we chat online these days.

I've met a handful of MoFos over the years. I met The Silver Bullet in Washington D.C. (and then again when he crashed at my house in Pittsburgh) for a day, Holden and John McClane (in D.C. again, simultaneously), planet news several times, and I met Loner and Powdered Water about a month ago in Seattle.

I met MovieGal not too long ago.

I keep her locked up down in my basement at the moment. It's almost feeding time so please excuse me for a short while...

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
When I win the lottery....
....or go back in time and buy that Apple stock I've been meaning to...

...everyone can fly in to Vegas and we can take over a floor of a hotel. Think FnL meets Led Zeppelin.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
I've met Yoda and his wife. Powdered Water and his wife.

Kind of duh, If they've met me, I met them.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
I've met Yoda and his wife. Powdered Water and his wife.

Kind of duh, If they've met me, I met them.
It'd be really creepy if you were like "oh yeah, I've seen them. They couldn't see me, though."
You mean invisible mode doesn't work in real life?