"Rocky VI"

Tools    

I am the Nightrider!
Well, it's official, Rocky Balboa is going for Round 6.

That's right, Sylvester Stallone has been given the greenlight after many years to go forward with "Rocky VI." He will write and direct the feature in addition to starring in it as everyone's favorite boxer, Rocky Balboa.

"Rocky VI" takes the aging boxer out of retirement, where his match against reigning heavyweight champ Mason "The Line" Dixon causes a media frenzy that puts him in the spotlight again.

No additional cast as of yet, and no word on whether Talia Shire, Burt Young or Sage Stallone will return in their roles. Shooting starts in December.

UJ

P.S. I run a movie news and rumors website, in case anyone is wondering "Who the hell is this Uncle Jay guy" giving us this?!?!

Here's the article from MSNBC: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9728209/

Looks like it's official! Stallone is supposedly basing his script on the George Foreman story.

Originally Posted by darkhorse
Stallone is supposedly basing his script on the George Foreman story.
You mean it's gonna be about people buying grills?

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
You mean it's gonna be about people buying grills?
Lol! That's pretty funny!

No, it will be about how Rocky comes out of retirement and wins the heavyweight championship one more time, echoing George Foreman's heroic boxing achievement.

However, the movie might very possibly end with Rocky marketing a line of grills if only to make a closer analogy with the Foreman story!

Randomly visiting for now
I too always wanted to know just how the grill was created, where it grew up and how it came to be the number one fat killing machine that it is today!!

plus a new rocky sounds interesting, but really needs all the old cast for me to consider seeing it. A stallone-fest just won't do it for me......not since Rocky V.......sniff sniff

I was wondering when it would come out. I can't beieve that he's really gonna do it. It'd be rad to get Mr. T in the mix again if he's not smokin crack.

Originally Posted by soulwarrior
I was wondering when it would come out. I can't beieve that he's really gonna do it. It'd be rad to get Mr. T in the mix again if he's not smokin crack.
I'm not sure that Mr. T will be in it, though he just might pull in a cameo. The villain of the piece, BTW, is a guy by the name of "Mason 'The Line' Dixon".

BTW, I think Hulk Hogan might cameo in the movie as well.

At any rate, it would be great to see Rocky Balboa as an onscreen heavyweight contender one more time!

Chalk it up with Indiana Jones IV as one of my personal most anticipated sequels for the moment.

Incidentally, the script is supposed to have the same grit and appeal of the first two movies, so it might well take Rocky back to his waterfront beginnings.

I am a big rocky fan, but its sad for Stallone when he only makes noise when he disscusses Rocky or Rambo movies. His movies in the past have beed going south . I doubht this Rocky flick will help him out except make him a few more bucks in the bank.

Sometimes you have to put great things at rest, Rocky died at 5. What a bad movie it was.

Originally Posted by frankybme
I am a big rocky fan, but its sad for Stallone when he only makes noise when he disscusses Rocky or Rambo movies. His movies in the past have beed going south . I doubht this Rocky flick will help him out except make him a few more bucks in the bank.

Sometimes you have to put great things at rest, Rocky died at 5. What a bad movie it was.
That's because Rocky and Rambo are American icons, and were hugely popular in their day. That's not to say that Stallone has made some other films that were pretty decent, but, I guess, he's no Brando in terms of acting ability. He does a good job at playing the iconic character, and I think that resurrecting Rocky from the grave dug by Rocky V (which wasn't really that bad), will be great to see one more time. Maybe it's just Stallone cashing in on nostalgia--but is that such a bad thing? Still, after all the work he's put into reworking the script, and given that the original director will be working on it and that it will echo the grit and feel of the first two films, it promises to be an excellent film in its own right.

Wheely cool bike girl
Might be interesting to take a quick poll as to how many would pay ten bucks to see Stallone do this pic.

What say you all?

Originally Posted by darkhorse
That's because Rocky and Rambo are American icons, and were hugely popular in their day. That's not to say that Stallone has made some other films that were pretty decent, but, I guess, he's no Brando in terms of acting ability. He does a good job at playing the iconic character, and I think that resurrecting Rocky from the grave dug by Rocky V (which wasn't really that bad), will be great to see one more time. Maybe it's just Stallone cashing in on nostalgia--but is that such a bad thing? Still, after all the work he's put into reworking the script, and given that the original director will be working on it and that it will echo the grit and feel of the first two films, it promises to be an excellent film in its own right.
Good points there. But cashing in for nastalgia is not so bad for him, but bad for movie fans, who wants to pay for crap again? But the point about going back to the original director and style, i didnt know this. This could make the pic better. Those were the best and will be hard to replicate.

Well, let the box office speak for itself. It's all very well to speculate, but ultimately, the box office is what determines the success or failure of the movie.

Speaking for myself, I would definitely pay $10 to see Rocky VI, and, I believe, there are many, many Stallone fans out there who would also pay to see Rocky on screen one more time.

As for Rocky 5000... who knows... if Rocky VI is successful, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Rocky VII or Rocky VIII... Let the legend live on!

Probably we'll be in a poetic win scenario for Rocky. You might not win em but at least you tried. Or He might go the way of a trite feel good movie and land a haymaker ala Foreman in his bout against Buster Douglas.

Originally Posted by SAS Operative
Probably we'll be in a poetic win scenario for Rocky. You might not win em but at least you tried. Or He might go the way of a trite feel good movie and land a haymaker ala Foreman in his bout against Buster Douglas.
I believe it will be the Foreman scenario... Stallone himself has said that Rocky VI will be based on the Foreman story.

Originally Posted by Uncle Jay
Well, it's official, Rocky Balboa is going for Round 6.

That's right, Sylvester Stallone has been given the greenlight after many years to go forward with "Rocky VI." He will write and direct the feature in addition to starring in it as everyone's favorite boxer, Rocky Balboa.

"Rocky VI" takes the aging boxer out of retirement, where his match against reigning heavyweight champ Mason "The Line" Dixon causes a media frenzy that puts him in the spotlight again.

No additional cast as of yet, and no word on whether Talia Shire, Burt Young or Sage Stallone will return in their roles. Shooting starts in December.

UJ

P.S. I run a movie news and rumors website, in case anyone is wondering "Who the hell is this Uncle Jay guy" giving us this?!?!
Indeed. However, Rambo will be released before Rocky.

There's treachery afoot!!!
Rocky 6 Teaser and a Look at the Script

I think it sounds good, for what its worth.

wow...I guess this is Sly's attempt at making up for the poor, so very poor, Rock V...

Sly should stick to making season 2 of the Contender

Originally Posted by Wonder Boy
Rocky 6 Teaser and a Look at the Script

I think it sounds good, for what its worth.
Before I saw the Teaser I actually thought this movie would be awful and questioned why making a 6th Rocky. Yet, I actually might go see this movie now. I just hope my first instinct isn't correct.