"Movie Sequel Mania Redux"

Tools    

What'd I tell you Jason. Just 10 days and over 40 posts. the Mania Redux thread is picking up speed.

Originally Posted by jrs
Yeah he is. It would be wierd though having an american Bond, don't ya say?
It would suck having an American. Bond is meant to be quintessentially British, that's his thing. Ok, so they've been played by Scots, Aussies, Welsh etc but an American would take the piss. It would just be another victory for America's cultural imperialism and Hollywood's general domination. I was quite for Iaon Gruffud, after F4, i'm beginning to warm to the chap. Clive doesn't really need it now and Daniel Craig, doesn't really have the rugged handsome looks, though they would both be good in the role.

Oh, and if this Blade series is anything as bad as Trinity was- cock knockers.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
[quote=Pyro Tramp]It would suck having an American. Bond is meant to be quintessentially British, that's his thing. Ok, so they've been played by Scots, Aussies, Welsh etc but an American would take the piss.

So Scotland and Wales are not part of Britain???
The original novels, Bond's parents are Scottish and Swiss, and he is brought up living all over Europe, till his parents are killed.

Can't believe I admitted Scotland was part of Britain, I hang my head in shame!!!!
You'll never take our " Freedom ".

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Originally Posted by Darth Stujitzu
So Scotland and Wales are not part of Britain???
The original novels, Bond's parents are Scottish and Swiss, and he is brought up living all over Europe, till his parents are killed.
Whether he's from Britain, United Kingdom, Europe- whatever, the point is not American.

I'm just yanking your chain.
Bond is British Secret Service, and I totally agree that he should be played by a British actor.
The problem is that America has never come up with its own lasting spy franchise, In like Flint, Triple X, etc have never set the imagination alight.
IMO Jack Bauer is very much a modern day Bond, and personally I would rather see him in movies than continue the tv series. The last two series of 24 haven't been as good, the stories don't seem as strong, and there are all these anoying characters that take up more than their fare quota of screen time.
I don't see the point in trying to copy Bond,it is a very British franchise, so perhaps taking on a new angle similar to 24 might prove a popular option.

Checked out Julian McMahon on imdb;
he was born in Sydney Australia, his dad was a former president of Australia, he was married to Dani Minogue, Kylie's sister, he used to be on Aussie soap Home and Away, and he studied law at university.
So if he gets the Bond job he'll be the second Aussie to play Bond!!!!
Rest easy Pyro, he's not American!!!

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
McMahon's American though, isn't he?
he is Australian

Originally Posted by nebbit
he is Australian
is that a fact, or are you just claiming him so that Australia gets credit?

'The Fog' Trailer

The Fog
iGN Filmforce has your look at the trailer for the remake of the John Carpenter clasic The Fog.

To view the trailer click here

In Revolution Studios' horror-thriller The Fog, there really is something out there in the dark. One hundred years ago, in a thick, eerie fog off the rocky coast of Northern California, a horrible shipwreck occured under mysterious circumstances. Now, shrouded in darkness, the ghosts of the long-dead sailors have returned from their watery graves to exact their bloody, merciless revenge.

Release Date: October 14, 2005
Studio: Columbia Pictures
Director: Rupert Wainwright
Screenwriter: Cooper Layne
Starring: Tom Welling, Maggie Grace, Selma Blair, DeRay Davis, Rade Serbedzija
Genre: Horror, Thriller
MPAA Rating: Not Available
Official Website: SonyPictures.com

Star Wars Television Show Pushed Back

About a week and a half ago I received an email stating that our articles on the upcoming Star Wars television series were now out of date due to the fact that the TV adaptation will NOT be out, or even beginning production, within a year; unlike what the first reports from Lucas had stated. We had already reported that Lucas didn't plan to go into full-blown production on Star Wars television till 2006 or 2007... but 2008?

Source: Canmag.com

New 'Legend of Zorro' Poster

Cameron Diaz Turns Down 'Wonder Woman'
Thank f***ing God. I can’t stand her.

Poseidon
This is a remake I can handle seeing. Especially because Kurt Russell and Richard Dreyfuss star and Wolfgang has made some pretty fine films before. I hope he pulls this one off.

Oliver Hirschbiegel to Direct 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers'
I like the original, I like the 70s remake…but this will be Hirschbeigel’s first American release, and it may not go so smoothly for him. Who knows? He was lauded for his last film (which I missed), Downfall.

John Moore to Direct 'Omen' Remake
*ugh* Mediocre director to remake a great film that starred Gregory Peck…yeah, I’m excited.

V for Vendetta Gets Trailerfied
Trailer looks iffy to me. I never heard of the character before…is anyone anxious to see it around here?

'The Fog' Trailer
It’ll suck. It doesn’t look any different than any other ‘horror’ film out there. I wish Carpenter would make some great Carpenter films. Too bad his talent died (for the most part) back in the 80’s.

I hope they don't do another Mad Max, think of something new
I’m ashamed to say that I could get into this one…actually, I’m not ashamed. We need more Max…hopefully he won’t be full of Christ’s love and kicks some ass instead.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I’m ashamed to say that I could get into this one…actually, I’m not ashamed. We need more Max…hopefully he won’t be full of Christ’s love and kicks some ass instead.
Ok, alright, just as long as they don't use Mel

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
Originally Posted by jrs
Really?? Wow. I see him on Nip/Tuck and he does a great job at hiding the accent.
My missus has confirmed he used to be in Aussie soap opera Home & Away and was married to Danni Minogue.

I'm kinda lost on the whole Zorro thing, didn't the movie come out a few years ago?

The Mask of Zorro (1998)

The Legend of Zorro (2005)

Hollywood sure loves to make sequels of mediocre movies.

I can hardly wait.

The Mask of Zorro (1998)

I can hardly wait.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The Mask of Zorro (1998)

I can hardly wait.
I love those movies

Any body who grew up in Australia is ours What Darth said about him is true, his father was the Prime Minster of Australia, thank God he got his mothers looks.
I just remembered i dreamt i met him in an airport and thought he was really cool. Couldn't wait to post it on here as well. Gee, how sad am i?

I love those movies
Legend of Zorro hasn't been released yet, doll-face.