! -The Lord of the Rings - !

Tools    

Originally posted by spudracer
I would have to be out of my mind to go see a 3 hour and 15 minute movie at midnight. WHY???

It's LOTR man!!!!!! So what! Do you time it? Once you are watching it and you are into it, (which I hope you will be) time goes by just like anything else dude.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Oh, I'll go see it, nothing is holding me back. Just have to find a good time to go see it.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I think it's just me.... but I couldn't help but find myself chuckling every time I saw "Sam" because I kept thinking to myself "this dude it Rudy." I couldn't take him seriously and felt like chanting" Ruuudy, Ruuudy" in the middle of the theater. Agent Smith from the Matrix spoke and acted like Agt. Smith as well. And then there's that master swordsmen - I forget his name at this time - who looks like Grant Show from "Melrose Place," and I keep expecting a rock n' Roll guitar to play and sync in as he intros every screenshot -- it always happens when he walks away po'ed in Melrose doesn't it? And what's with the master elf guy who was real quick with the bows looking like the lead singer of N' Sync? I think the ending of this movie should be Rudy throwing a lead block on some baddies while Frodo follows the block to cast the ring back into the ominous fire pit from which it was made. *and then the Notre Dame fight song is blared*

On a serious note, can't beat that cinematograhy and the ultra-close pans on Gandalf. The Episode II preview looked pretty hot as well.

It's Frodo, not Froto...and Gandalf, not Gandolf.

EDIT: I've probably already said this, but GO BUY THE SOUNDTRACK! I'm listening to it right now, and it's amazing. It's very well put together. It's not confusing...it doesn't harp on one tune constantly (like the Harry Potter score did...though I really liked that score anyway)...but it does stick to a few main themes, with others littered in-between. Best of all is that it does an amazing job at linking certain styles or tunes with certain characters, or types of characters. When I hear a certain instrument played in a certain way on this soundtrack, I find it surprisingly easy to remember at which part in the film the music was playing. I can listen to a part and say "That's Hobbit music" or "that's the "adventure" music, etc.

does anyone else think enya is a really bad name to have?
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

"Enya" only seems like a bad name to have if you're talking to somebody of the Beavis & Butthead level mentality.

To me, no, Enya seems like a perfectly fine name. Especially for an entertainer, it's very distinctive.

But if you ask a dork who laughs retartedly and says something like, "Yeah, well I wouldn't want anyone in me", then yes, it probably is a bad name to have.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I've never been an Enya fan. I'm still not an Enya fan. I'm mostly neutral on the name "Enya." I loved Enya in the LOTR soundtrack, though. I love the whole damn soundtrack. The Hobbit music is less entertaining than most of the rest to me, but it's still good. The "Aniron (theme for Arwen and Aragorn)" may be the best track on the album...tracks 7, 8, and 13, though, are amazing. 13 is particularly adrenaline-pumping.

Guy
How can people be putting Fellowship in their top 10 so soon?

It just came out!

Originally posted by Guy
How can people be putting Fellowship in their top 10 so soon?

It just came out!
Well, some of us (wink wink ) saw it on opening day, and have had over 2 weeks to think it over, and some of us (wink wink ) have seen it 2 or 3 times. I have no doubt that it's worthy of a spot in my top 10.

I have seen LOTR:FOTR for the 7th time a couple nights ago. Like TWT said the wait has been goin for quite a while. Since I saw it as a sneak preview a week b4 it came out w/a group of people at a trade screening at my theater.... I was so psyched to just see it over and over. it's worth putting it on my top 10. #1 as a matter of fact. With what I have seen in LOTR:FOTR ..... Let me see Lucas top that!!!!

Guy
I read the whole trilogy and think that it gets better as the story advances!

Two Towers is better than Fellowship and Return is better than Two Towers!

If the films follows the pattern that would be amazing!

Can't wait!

Okay, I just saw this movie last night at 10 PM, and I'd like to go on the record as saying it was abso-frickin-lutely amazing.

If I had to sum it up in one single word, I'd choose this one: perfect. Let me admit, first, that I'm not a die-hard Tolkien fan: I've read the LOTR trilogy, and the Hobbit, but only once each, and although I enjoyed them a great deal, my relationship with Tolkien never went farther than that. I also have to admit to not being a great Movie Maven: anyone's who's read my posts could have told you that, however. I enjoy movies. I enjoy some of them quite a bit, and I definitely know what I like, but I have trouble getting into the super-fine points or subtleties of them.

So, having said all that, FOTR was perfect for me. I'm not big into niggling details about the differences between the movie and the book. The point of this movie, in my opinion, was not to adapt the book to film: it was to tell the story of the Fellowship of the Ring, using the film medium. I think it did this, wonderfully. Both the movie and the book tell the same story, and that story was told beautifully in both mediums.

The gestalt....the major IDEA....the feeling of the movie....it perfectly invoked the story that was originally told in the book.

I think Tolkien would be proud

I love The Lord of the Rings!
They're the best movies ever!

One hour and forty-minutes 'till I visit The Shire.
About 30 minutes for me!I'm going to watch The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring!

The Lord of the Rings

You ready? You look ready.
Woah, massive bump.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Both the movie and the book tell the same story, and that story was told beautifully in both mediums.

The gestalt....the major IDEA....the feeling of the movie....it perfectly invoked the story that was originally told in the book.

I think Tolkien would be proud
The films were good epics, definitely great films. Yet they were not Tolkien's LotR. I am not sure if Tolkien would be happy with character changes and choices.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
This is just my opinion but I think LOTR are just perfect the way they are, plus I just really hate 3D and now everything is getting the 3D remake.

One 3D conversion to rule them all

Nov 26, 2011

Come on, you knew this would only be a matter of time before this happened. Hollywood has been keen on re-releasing some their biggest hits in 3D, with Star Wars, Top Gun, Titanic, and a few others coming next year. Well, Den of Geek recently spoke with Elijah Wood, and revealed there’s talk of releasing Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings Trilogy in 3D. ““I think it would be cool to see. There’s talk of releasing a dimensionalised trilogy eventually. I’m okay with doing post-process 3D, as long as someone takes the time. What I’m upset about is when a movie doesn’t have the budget and the time to devote to it and they’re not fine-tuning the detail of that, because it can look really bad and cheap. But I know that they wouldn’t dimensionalise it unless it was a super meticulous process,” he said.
Many are going to be irritated at the very thought of this idea, but seeing these films in 3D should be worth it. After all, can you just imagine how amazing the Battle of Helms Deep will look in 3D? Or how about the Battle for Pelennor Fields will look? One of the many great things about Jackson’s trilogy is the amazing visuals, and a 3D conversion would be nothing short of amazing. However, it’s unknown when this would happen (if it even does), but one could assume it would be soon with The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey – Part 1 being released next year.