The Matrix: Resurrections

Tools    

I would suspect that the check for John Wick is bigger than for Neo, and it probably comes with a no shave/haircut clause.
I agree, he needed to be shaved and have a haircut, maybe they aren t showing us in the trailer, could be a distinct possibility

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I really don't think they should have brought Neo back. I hate this whole death fake out Hollywood has been doing lately, like they did with some other franchises, where you think characters are dead, but then they aren't. They just can't stick to their guns and commit.

From what I hear the official premiere of the new "Matrix" will take place in December of this year. So soon we will know what is really there. I have a mixed opinion about this movie. I've seen the first parts and was thrilled. And on the one hand I'll be glad to see the sequel. But on the other hand after so many years to shoot it again. I think it's not going to be the same atmosphere. I've also heard that:
- There's a rumor that The Matrix will continue as a big-budget TV series.
- "The Matrix 4" and other WB blockbusters will be available to watch at home on premiere day.
- Fans caught a nearly bald Keanu Reeves on the set of "The Matrix 4" .

From what I hear the official premiere of the new "Matrix" will take place in December of this year. So soon we will know what is really there. I have a mixed opinion about this movie. I've seen the first parts and was thrilled. And on the one hand I'll be glad to see the sequel. But on the other hand after so many years to shoot it again. I think it's not going to be the same atmosphere. I've also heard that:
- There's a rumor that The Matrix will continue as a big-budget TV series.
- "The Matrix 4" and other WB blockbusters will be available to watch at home on Soap2Day on premiere day.
- Fans caught a nearly bald Keanu Reeves on the set of "The Matrix 4" .

Bald Keanu Reeves still looks amazing !!!

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Trailer 2. I'm getting Inception vibes.

You ready? You look ready.
I ain't watching/reading anything else about this. Want to go in as unspoiled as possible. Wait. then why am I in here?! xD
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

A system of cells interlinked
I am getting the whole "Dredging up another old franchise as an obvious cash grab, and we will **** all over it in the process" vibe.

This has all happened before, and sadly, will all happen again.

RIP originality.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I am getting the whole "Dredging up another old franchise as an obvious cash grab, and we will **** all over it in the process" vibe.

This has all happened before, and sadly, will all happen again.

RIP originality.

...again.
the way I see it is, I survived Reloaded and Revolutions. I'm just good with a probably decent sci-fi coming out.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

the way I see it is, I survived Reloaded and Revolutions. I'm just good with a probably decent sci-fi coming out.
I tried watching those again recently, and I didn't make it through. The first is still a good watch, so I enjoyed that. I am just not falling for this **** again. Trash all the heroes and concepts from the originals while propping up cardboard cutout replacements with no character arcs. The Matrix philosophy was already half-baked, I can only imagine what we get in this.

This from the guy with 2049 in his top ten...
There are exceptions to every rule, and 2049 is most certainly that. 2049 respects and enhances the original material and characters, with Villeneuve treating the material with obviously respect and care. I am not alone in thinking this.

There are exceptions to every rule, and 2049 is most certainly that. 2049 respects and enhances the original material and characters, with Villeneuve treating the material with obviously respect and care. I am not alone in thinking this.
Agree with every word. 2049 is a phenomenal film and exceptions prove the rule.

You ready? You look ready.
I tried watching those again recently, and I didn't make it through. The first is still a good watch, so I enjoyed that. I am just not falling for this **** again. Trash all the heroes and concepts from the originals while propping up cardboard cutout replacements with no character arcs. The Matrix philosophy was already half-baked, I can only imagine what we get in this.
As someone who has watched the entire trilogy more times than I care to admit...you are not wrong.

I mean, aside from the whole trans thing, I kept watching them over and over because I was half expecting I was missing something. I was knee deep in the philosophy they used to write them at the time, and it was barely even a scratch to the surface. I still watch them from time to time because they invoke memories, and not because they are even half way decent. Although, that dock fight scene has aged pretty well considering and is definitely a must see at least once.

Yeah, but why'd it have to be so long? xD

Yeah, but why'd it have to be so long? xD
My take is that the director wanted a slow burn that would allow for the existential dread to sort of seep into the viewer. When I watch the film now, the only scene that sort of drags for me is K's visit to the orphanage when he finds the horse. Otherwise, it moves along just fine.

I won't go into more detail than that in an off-topic thread, though. Here, I will try to link the films up:

2049: ****'s too red - needs more green!

I'll likely eventually watch it just to see the special effects and fight scenes, which are always impressive. From the trailer it looks like Matrix has shifted into super hero fare: weak scripts simply designed to link the major special effects scenes together.

I'll likely eventually watch it just to see the special effects and fight scenes, which are always impressive. From the trailer it looks like Matrix has shifted into super hero fare: weak scripts simply designed to link the major special effects scenes together.
Agreed, but that's also what I'm kind of excited/happy about. The odds that it won't be great are high, but the odds are also quite high that it'll have at least a few really cool moments and generally be worth watching. It's rare to have that kind of "floor" for a film and it can be kinda nice to know you're going to be wowed going in.

Amusingly, this whole sentiment (the one I just expressed) is the kind of thing I usually like to rail against at certain levels of quality (the whole "moderately entertaining but never transcendent" kind of entertainment), but I think there's some place for it, now and then.