Speaking of screen-worthy moments

Tools    

On Friday morning, 10 feet away from the office, I dropped an unbelievably expensive earring into a drain, as you do. We’re talking an annual salary kind of earring. Never mind my common sense (lack thereof), the thing ripped my earlobe clean open and is in the drain, it’s 8 am. I am rather distressed and act it; cut long story short, the entire office comes down, calls Westminster Council, explains to the council that yes, this is an emergency regardless of Covid. They turn up with a huge truck that barely fits in the street and pull the thing out, against all odds, despite the fact it’s in a drain and we’re having floods all over Europe. It feels surreal, a properly ridiculous Hollywood ending, and the entire street full of office and hospitality workers, who’d been watching the show, cheers, In the Heights-style. No one did any work between 8 am and 1 pm when the truck appeared.

Now I really feel apprehensive about needing to resign. Bought the girl who called the council a cake, but that’s not going to cut it. The whole thing is a so-called well-rounded plot.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
On Friday morning, 10 feet away from the office, I dropped an unbelievably expensive earring into a drain, as you do. We’re talking an annual salary kind of earring. Never mind my common sense (lack thereof), the thing ripped my earlobe clean open and is in the drain, it’s 8 am. I am rather distressed and act it; cut long story short, the entire office comes down, calls Westminster Council, explains to the council that yes, this is an emergency regardless of Covid. They turn up with a huge truck that barely fits in the street and pull the thing out, against all odds, despite the fact it’s in a drain and we’re having floods all over Europe. It feels surreal, a properly ridiculous Hollywood ending, and the entire street full of office and hospitality workers, who’d been watching the show, cheers, In the Heights-style. No one did any work between 8 am and 1 pm when the truck appeared.

Now I really feel apprehensive about needing to resign. Bought the girl who called the council a cake, but that’s not going to cut it. The whole thing is a so-called well-rounded plot.
OOOOOOh, I get it now. When I read "drain" I visualized a bathroom sink drain and was blown away by the response considering all it needed was a pipe wrench maybe The question I'm struggling with now is why did you have your ear so close to the storm drain? If you reply you were chasing the paper boat your sick brother gave you, then you're lucky it was only an earlobe!

o.O

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

OOOOOOh, I get it now. When I read "drain" I visualized a bathroom sink drain and was blown away by the response considering all it needed was a pipe wrench maybe The question I'm struggling with now is why did you have your ear so close to the storm drain? If you reply you were chasing the paper boat your sick brother gave you, then you're lucky it was only an earlobe!

o.O
I’ve lived my entire life believing these things were called “drains” or “street drains”. Over the course of the incident when I was relating to onlookers where the thing went, no one appeared to be in any doubt as to what a “drain” was. But other than that, I’ve always been hazy on industrial terminology, so don’t judge me there.

And no, both my brothers are well as far as I know, and neither has given me anything in years, as far as I remember, least of all a boat (heh). But I do love me some IT.

I didn’t have my ear close to the drain, I caught the earring with some other jewellery on my wrist (yes, really) when I was swiping my hair away from my face. The ****ing street drain was actually quite far away and that’s why it didn’t immediately occur to me the earring was there. It must have flown a fair distance.

In any event, it caused such a commotion that strangers from all over the street were still calling me this morning, asking if I’d found it. The talk of the town indeed.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I’ve lived my entire life believing these things were called “drains” or “street drains”. Over the course of the incident when I was relating to onlookers where the thing went, no one appeared to be in any doubt as to what a “drain” was. But other than that, I’ve always been hazy on industrial terminology, so don’t judge me there.

And no, both my brothers are well as far as I know, and neither has given me anything in years, as far as I remember, least of all a boat (heh). But I do love me some IT.

I didn’t have my ear close to the drain, I caught the earring with some other jewellery on my wrist (yes, really) when I was swiping my hair away from my face. The ****ing street drain was actually quite far away and that’s why it didn’t immediately occur to me the earring was there. It must have flown a fair distance.

In any event, it caused such a commotion that strangers from all over the street were still calling me this morning, asking if I’d found it. The talk of the town indeed.
lol
Great story though, and pretty neat that so many people were concerned. I'm over in 'Merka, so our word things and pronouncekiations are probably differentinating than y'alls. I'm perdy sure. I think the documentary, Popeye, with Robin Williams is a wonderful representation of that and should be taught for anyone wanting to learn more of our history and culture.

Anyways. Hope the ear heals up for you.

That's not a movie. That's a cartoon.
You think it’s funny? I know I’ve been stressed recently, but I haven’t had such a breakdown in years, including at funerals. Go figure.

It’s definitely an Addams-level satire, I’ll give it that.

lol
Great story though, and pretty neat that so many people were concerned. I'm over in 'Merka, so our word things and pronouncekiations are probably differentinating than y'alls. I'm perdy sure. I think the documentary, Popeye, with Robin Williams is a wonderful representation of that and should be taught for anyone wanting to learn more of our history and culture.

Anyways. Hope the ear heals up for you.
I agree, the community response was incredible. And thanks, the ear was the least of my worries. It was a Romancing the Stone kind of moment when it first happened. Onlooker: “You ear’s bleeding, darling.” “**** my ear, get the ****ing solid emerald from the drain!”.

"How tall is King Kong ?"
You think it’s funny? I know I’ve been stressed recently, but I haven’t had such a breakdown in years, including at funerals. Go figure.

It’s definitely an Addams-level satire, I’ll give it that.
Just saying.

Sounds like a draining experience

I'll see meself out...

Similar thing happened in Manhattan a few years ago. https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...k-city/234745/

The trick is not minding
It’s only been four days, but you may prove right. 🤷🏼*♀️
Just wait….

You’ll come upon a drain and think to yourself “What’s the odds?” As you proceed to brazenly walk over it. Only for your stiletto heels (in this scenario you’re wearing stilettos. Accept it) to get caught. As you desperately try to wrest yourself free, your purse falls, the contents emptying themselves inside said drain all the while screaming “Freedom!”
As you attempt to salvage the situation, your emerald earrings, yes, the very same one who decided to take a dive for freedom previously, joins them in tandem as you helplessly scream “Noooooooo!”
Then you wake up, shaking, and proceed to Fall into the fetal position, muttering to yourself “It was all just a dream…..just a dream….”

Meanwhile, the drain watches silently from your window, and thinks to himself in smug satisfaction, “The stuff of nightmares indeed.”

Just wait….

You’ll come upon a drain and think to yourself “What’s the odds?” As you proceed to brazenly walk over it. Only for your stiletto heels (in this scenario you’re wearing stilettos. Accept it) to get caught. As you desperately try to wrest yourself free, your purse falls, the contents emptying themselves inside said drain all the while screaming “Freedom!”
As you attempt to salvage the situation, your emerald earrings, yes, the very same one who decided to take a dive for freedom previously, joins them in tandem as you helplessly scream “Noooooooo!”
Then you wake up, shaking, and proceed to Fall into the fetal position, muttering to yourself “It was all just a dream…..just a dream….”

Meanwhile, the drain watches silently from your window, and thinks to himself in smug satisfaction, “The stuff of nightmares indeed.”
A beautiful scenario. And yes, for the record, you’ve nailed it - I wear nothing but stilettos. The heel getting caught in the drain had been the stuff of nightmares long before the unfortunate incident.

I’ll look forward to seeing how it affects my morning in six hours’ time.

The trick is not minding
A beautiful scenario. And yes, for the record, you’ve nailed it - I wear nothing but stilettos. The heel getting caught in the drain had been the stuff of nightmares long before the unfortunate incident.

I’ll look forward to seeing how it affects my morning in six hours’ time.
Clearly stilettos are the best way to go. Nothing like a woman in a short, yet not too short skirt, in stilettos.

Legs for days!