The Most Wild Rock Stars?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Jim Morrison and Keith Moon are a few that come to mind... I've read many times how Jim would do daring things at school, climbing on top of buildings, railways, anything to get attention... Keith Moon is rumored to have either driven a car or jumped into a pool at a Holiday Inn in Michigan on his 21st birthday, to be banned from EVERY Holiday Inn.

Please include stories, because some might not know details outside of their music, and some stories could be debunked by others.. I'll need to go back and make sure my details are correct before posting more.

All rock stars are wild IMO. Especially British ones. Too numerous to mention.

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Rammstein
Jerry Lee Lewis
Ozzy Osbourne

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
GG Allin

He would give concerts naked, take a poo in the middle of a song, or indulge in random fights with the audience.

You can't get wilder than that.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Oh man, I’m sure Gulfportdoc has stories to share.
Yeah, I could write a book.... well, at least a pamphlet..

One of the craziest guys I ever played with was guitarist Alex Snouffer (RIP) of Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band. He always carried a single barrel sawed-off shotgun with him, and usually a Derringer as well.

Beefheart played a gig a Winterland in San Francisco in the later '60s, and Arthur Brown was also on the bill. Arthur was pretty wild himself. Backstage Arthur said something to Alex which Alex took as an insult. Alex jumped up and pulled out his shotgun-- at which point Arthur took off out into the streets. Alex chased him for a few blocks, but Arthur was faster. Good job he was.

5 or 6 of us were sitting up all night playing blackjack and drinking in my room in a nice hotel in Manchester, England during a tour in 1973. We kept the room service waiter busy bringing us drinks all night, and we'd started out about half in the bag after getting back from the gig. Finally at about 7 A.M. he said he wasn't going to bring anymore drinks, and was going off shift. Alex jumped up to chase him, and I knew what was going to happen, so I chased after both of them. The hotel had a nice indoor pool, where the waiter was scrambling past, just about the time Alex caught up with him, and I caught with Alex. All I could think of was the headlines in the next day's papers: "Rock star mauls and attempts to drown hotel waiter"..!

I grabbed him from behind and lifted him up in the air (I'm 6'2", whereas Alex was only 5'6" or so. The waiter escaped, and I got Alex calmed down and back up to the poker game in the room. If I hadn't been so full of Scotch whiskey, I'd have had the shakes!

Yeah, I could write a book.... well, at least a pamphlet..

One of the craziest guys I ever played with was guitarist Alex Snouffer (RIP) of Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band. He always carried a single barrel sawed-off shotgun with him, and usually a Derringer as well.

Beefheart played a gig a Winterland in San Francisco in the later '60s, and Arthur Brown was also on the bill. Arthur was pretty wild himself. Backstage Arthur said something to Alex which Alex took as an insult. Alex jumped up and pulled out his shotgun-- at which point Arthur took off out into the streets. Alex chased him for a few blocks, but Arthur was faster. Good job he was.

5 or 6 of us were sitting up all night playing blackjack and drinking in my room in a nice hotel in Manchester, England during a tour in 1973. We kept the room service waiter busy bringing us drinks all night, and we'd started out about half in the bag after getting back from the gig. Finally at about 7 A.M. he said he wasn't going to bring anymore drinks, and was going off shift. Alex jumped up to chase him, and I knew what was going to happen, so I chased after both of them. The hotel had a nice indoor pool, where the waiter was scrambling past, just about the time Alex caught up with him, and I caught with Alex. All I could think of was the headlines in the next day's papers: "Rock star mauls and attempts to drown hotel waiter"..!

I grabbed him from behind and lifted him up in the air (I'm 6'2", whereas Alex was only 5'6" or so. The waiter escaped, and I got Alex calmed down and back up to the poker game in the room. If I hadn't been so full of Scotch whiskey, I'd have had the shakes!
Nice story - I'd love to read more!

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
Nikki Sixx

Well I guess Rammstein are wild only on stage. Because the audience wants so. If you watch their interview you will just they are normal people.

Well I guess Rammstein are wild only on stage. Because the audience wants so. If you watch their interview you will just they are normal people.
Isn't one of their songs a recipe on how to make spaghetti? I was told this in Germany by a friend.

Keith Moon I guess probably takes the cake on this one. As Alice Cooper once said in an interview on Top Gear, "Whatever you hear about rockstars about 20-30% are true. But in the case of Moon, all of it is true and you have heard only 20-30% of it! "

Keith Moon I guess probably takes the cake on this one. As Alice Cooper once said in an interview on Top Gear, "Whatever you hear about rockstars about 20-30% are true. But in the case of Moon, all of it is true and you have heard only 20-30% of it! "
Drummers are crazy!